Transformations men that are 6' plus (w/pics) please

Options
2»

Replies

• JRugg1946
    JRugg1946 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    53cjd9minoac.jpg

This was 8 months from about January 2019 to August 2019. About 265 lbs to 195 lbs at 6'3". The Covid period had me put 20-30 pounds back on and ruin my consistency, which I have just about lost again so I'm basically at the same build, with perhaps a couple pounds of extra muscle. The plan is to go down to 185 and do a recomposition from there. According to my body fat scale, I should be at around 17-18% body fat when I get there.

We're coming out of a lockdown soon so hopefully I can start working out in the gym again, which is tremendously more efficient for me, and bothers my neighbours quite a bit less. Until then I've been enjoying focussing on Cardio.

The first time it was just simple CICO with a focus on protein intake. This time what has stuck has been some extended fasting weekly while still counting as it's less restrictive daily.

Unfortunately I don't have good genetics for really looking good without a shirt. My chest is still quite flabby here (and presently), which I am somewhat strategically blocking with my arm. I hope this will go away with the extra 10 pounds of loss. If not that, I'm going to have to get to a stupid low body fat when I'm at 185 before I can start putting weight back on.

Thats impressive to me, the change you had made. Your about my weight when you started.
    Im also doing 8/16 intermittent fasting, daily. However, on the weekends i have had a hard time following the CICO and the fasting. I have gone as far as taking in over 1000 calories past my 2092 set for me to lose 2lbs a week.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    JRugg1946 wrote: »
    53cjd9minoac.jpg

This was 8 months from about January 2019 to August 2019. About 265 lbs to 195 lbs at 6'3". The Covid period had me put 20-30 pounds back on and ruin my consistency, which I have just about lost again so I'm basically at the same build, with perhaps a couple pounds of extra muscle. The plan is to go down to 185 and do a recomposition from there. According to my body fat scale, I should be at around 17-18% body fat when I get there.

We're coming out of a lockdown soon so hopefully I can start working out in the gym again, which is tremendously more efficient for me, and bothers my neighbours quite a bit less. Until then I've been enjoying focussing on Cardio.

The first time it was just simple CICO with a focus on protein intake. This time what has stuck has been some extended fasting weekly while still counting as it's less restrictive daily.

Unfortunately I don't have good genetics for really looking good without a shirt. My chest is still quite flabby here (and presently), which I am somewhat strategically blocking with my arm. I hope this will go away with the extra 10 pounds of loss. If not that, I'm going to have to get to a stupid low body fat when I'm at 185 before I can start putting weight back on.

Thats impressive to me, the change you had made. Your about my weight when you started.
    Im also doing 8/16 intermittent fasting, daily. However, on the weekends i have had a hard time following the CICO and the fasting. I have gone as far as taking in over 1000 calories past my 2092 set for me to lose 2lbs a week.

I appreciate the commendation.

You will look much better than I do as you lose weight. Your chest, delts and traps are all very well developed, they'll really start to pop out as you trim down. This makes sense, I believe I read that you had a very physical job that you have been doing for years. You probably have a good 10 pounds of muscle on me; for me to look like you when you reach 195 will probably take me a full year of really concentrated effort after I reach 185. This is of course provided you work out as you trim down and get in adequate protein. My most developed musculature is in my legs, which while helpful, especially for heavy strength training, is not as aesthetically pleasing for a man.

I am glad intermittent fasting is working for you, unfortunately it didn't quite work for me. After the very strict 8 months I found I kept falling off the wagon, the most sustainable approach for me ended up being an extended fast every week. This is definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but it was really helpful mentally to take it from a daily pass/fail to a weekly pass/fail.

Good luck! Keep going.

• JRugg1946
    Options
    53cjd9minoac.jpg

I appreciate the commendation.

You will look much better than I do as you lose weight. Your chest, delts and traps are all very well developed, they'll really start to pop out as you trim down. This makes sense, I believe I read that you had a very physical job that you have been doing for years. You probably have a good 10 pounds of muscle on me; for me to look like you when you reach 195 will probably take me a full year of really concentrated effort after I reach 185. This is of course provided you work out as you trim down and get in adequate protein. My most developed musculature is in my legs, which while helpful, especially for heavy strength training, is not as aesthetically pleasing for a man.

I am glad intermittent fasting is working for you, unfortunately it didn't quite work for me. After the very strict 8 months I found I kept falling off the wagon, the most sustainable approach for me ended up being an extended fast every week. This is definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but it was really helpful mentally to take it from a daily pass/fail to a weekly pass/fail.

Good luck! Keep going.

Thank you, other than losing the fat over the muscle, i would say my legs are something i would definitely like to work on as far as getting bigger. Maybe its just me, but my legs are strong too just disproportionate to my underbody, because i walk all day and my job is my only activity. I also, have bad ankles, i have screws in one ankle, and a rod in that same leg from a break that goes from my knee to that same ankle as well as plate in that same foot. My other ankle im August of this year is getting replaced, never knew they did ankle replacements, but they do. 2 months non weight bearing, and a full recovery in 6-12 months. Yuck
    Your story so far for me has been what im looking for when i posted this thread
  • JRugg1946
    Options
    Im going to start a 5x5 weight lifting routine. See if that will help me maintain my muscle while trying to get this fat off. Functional strength is all i need.
  • JRugg1946
    Options
    Must be more short people in this site than tall.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options

Have you looked at the success stories section for some that fit your criteria? I feel it’s becoming rarer for people to stick around very long after they hit their goal weight.
  • JRugg1946
    Options
    j6pha2e0apgi.png

Dang dude, what was your starting ending weight? How did you make the transition and how long?
  • JRugg1946
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »

Have you looked at the success stories section for some that fit your criteria? I feel it’s becoming rarer for people to stick around very long after they hit their goal weight.

I typed in what i could think of no real results. Not that i found. Thanks for the suggestion though. I always reset or unplug my electronics before asking for tech support also.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    j6pha2e0apgi.png

Dang dude, what was your starting ending weight? How did you make the transition and how long?

345lbs to 203lbs. 1800 calories per day, 20k steps per day, barbell work 6 days per week. 13 months.
  • JRugg1946
    Options
    j6pha2e0apgi.png

345lbs to 203lbs. 1800 calories per day, 20k steps per day, barbell work 6 days per week. 13 months.

I like it, you did a great job. 1800 calories, im doing 2060 and i do well on weekdays, but i am struggling a lil on weekends.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!