What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Girlfriend is back from getting her sleep study. They called her a cab, so I don't have to battle rush hour to go downtown to get her. Small mercies.

I'm half asleep waiting for the water to boil so I can have tea. I don't want to be awake.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Just back in from an MRI. (Brain Scan)

I just hope that I don’t wake up dead.

Internet connection has been down here for going on five hours now.

Well, at least we have power and both AC units are running full tilt.

I hope you're ok 😙

Thanks

I’ll either be okay.

.... or not.

I’m not worried in the least.
    Those brain scan MRIs are pretty cool.
    Super loud too.

What? A brain scan? That sounds like serious stuff?
    Or not?

Like Jo, hoping all is okay. But, did you hear voices with that super loud pretty cool scan?
  • ReenieHJ
    ATM I'm harboring guilt because I should be *doing* stuff, not still sitting here browsing chit-chat. :) To my credit though, I slept in this a.m. until 4:30 instead of 4:00 so have spent about the same amount of time that I would've normally. :)
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    I'm avoiding work. Day 2 of 12 hour shifts.
  • Zoomie402
    tmanfive wrote: »
    Zoomie402 wrote: »
    I'm avoiding work. Day 2 of 12 hour shifts.

Hey, me too! I’m avoiding it by swimming with my dog.

Aw man! I wish I was swimming with my dog. That would be way more fun that sitting at my desk all day.
  • littlegoblinprince
    littlegoblinprince Posts: 5 Member
    On my lunch break at the office, waiting for my wife to come pick me up so we can get her oil changed and grab a bite.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Sitting on my couch. Just got done paying my bills and thinking to myself how there's some people I need to cut off. Both unrelated to each other but that's how my mind works 😂
  • ReenieHJ
    edited June 2021
    tmanfive wrote: »
    Taking dog food to the local shelter.

Good on you Chewy. 🤙🏼

I got a box and the bag was busted inside. Called them up. The said use what I needed to while they overnighted me another bag then donate the broken bag.

Good deal. :) Love companies that do these kinds of things. And in a world that increasingly thinks only of profit, it's less and less you hear about companies like this. :/
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Going to bed at 6:30pm... cuz I'm wild like that.

d6ajbpn0i6g9.jpg
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    4kzaycnotgcq.gif
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Sitting on the couch, about to eat dinner. Super grateful that my roomie cooks and shares her meals with me, since cooking isn't my thing 😅
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    Back over to mom’s to go through piles of paperwork. 😩
  • BraydanTaffy
    Karen emails... where's my refund, I didn't get my 2-for-1 deal, when will x happen, etc.

Fortunately, I know how to Karen with a Glenda the Good Witch tone.

Have a good ending to your weeks, All!
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Was enjoying the view.. now back to work.. 😔
  • Zoomie402
    Attempting to figure out why my manager would send an email stating that "everyone needs to check their emails daily because I communicate via email and there are important things that are being missed".........aren't the people in question already not checking their emails?
  • BraydanTaffy
    Zoomie402 wrote: »
    Attempting to figure out why my manager would send an email stating that "everyone needs to check their emails daily because I communicate via email and there are important things that are being missed".........aren't the people in question already not checking their emails?

Lol. I recall a boss beginning every weekly meeting chastising those who used the phone for too many personal calls. The bleedin' dolts, who were the ones she was indirectly addressing, would look around the room, smile & nod furiously. We all knew who they were, but, said dolts did not... they assumed there were others using the phone more than them. Basically, she was saying, but not saying, in the parlance of Joan Crawford... NO personal phone calls EVER.

We didn't have the kind of boss we could approach to ask if she would address them directly, out of the meeting, rather than scolding the entire team like adolescents... so I'd sit there, head down, trying to disguise my giant eye rolls, mumbling under my breath to myself & biting my tongue so as to not scream at the chronic phone users, "It's YOU, stupid. It's YOU she's talking about!"

Why the boss couldn't figure that out after meeting 2 is beyond me. 52 meetings later... every meeting still began the same way.