• 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6
    [*] 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Mon: ✅ Tue: Wed: Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun: ✅
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 1/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 7/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 1/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Tue 29 June
    [*] Meditation 🌹
    [*] Weigh/post weight 🌹
    [*] Gardening 🌹
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores 🌹
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV:
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🌹
    [*] Daily goals update 🌹

💦 Jun Challenge 💦
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧
    NLNS
    Jun: LNS: 1 ~|~ ME: 27

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Good morning All!!

So I want to share something;

I have been trolling JFT for sometime, bc I was a regular part of the group some years ago. Unfortunately during my pregnancy back in 2017/2018, I experienced some negative drama on here. I've really moved past it bc I know the issues were personal for someone else and they were just projecting. However, it has created this hesitancy for me to post again. I have posted a few times sporadically but received some negativity regarding my JFT lists being ambitious.

Here is my dilemma: I miss posting and chatting here with my fellow JFTers bc we've been on this journey for sometime now. I fear negativity. My JFT lists are very real, very complex but productive for my life.

So, please feel free to provide me with suggestions. Do I just cut my losses and say adios OR Do I jump back in and do my best posting here daily? I don't want people to feel like I am oversensitive but I also want to do my best to minimize negativity in my life. (FYI, my JFT lists are still complex.)

🌷🤗🌷

Welcome back. I'm sorry you had a negative experience.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    So I think I've become the person I despise... The person who has given up and just accepted being frumpy and fat. Like ZizzyBumble posted, I know what to do I just am not doing it. I'm disgusted with me. Just got back from the beach and I was not happy with how I look, but I didn't care. That's not like me...

I need to get back to a me I respect. I'm going to work on logging again and regularly checking in here with goals not just comments.

JFT Tuesday
    - 7:00 am meeting :smiley:
    - Work stuff
    - eggs for breakfast (Yes, but also had 2 Oreo's)
    - Log food & exercise... exercise
    - 10:00 meeting
    - Work on laundry
    - Empty dish washer
    - Argue with youngest about her room - yes it's a goal as I tend to let it go too easily
    - Prepare for Audit tomorrow
    - Bike ride
    - No alcohol
    - Sleep in my bed not on the couch

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    Good morning All!!

So I want to share something;

I have been trolling JFT for sometime, bc I was a regular part of the group some years ago. Unfortunately during my pregnancy back in 2017/2018, I experienced some negative drama on here. I've really moved past it bc I know the issues were personal for someone else and they were just projecting. However, it has created this hesitancy for me to post again. I have posted a few times sporadically but received some negativity regarding my JFT lists being ambitious.

Here is my dilemma: I miss posting and chatting here with my fellow JFTers bc we've been on this journey for sometime now. I fear negativity. My JFT lists are very real, very complex but productive for my life.

So, please feel free to provide me with suggestions. Do I just cut my losses and say adios OR Do I jump back in and do my best posting here daily? I don't want people to feel like I am oversensitive but I also want to do my best to minimize negativity in my life. (FYI, my JFT lists are still complex.)

🌷🤗🌷

Welcome back. I think JFT has moved beyond what you experienced in the past. I haven’t noticed any negativity in quite a while.

As for your JFT lists, they can be as complex as YOU need them to be. We all have the right to use what serves us best.

Some of us, myself included, use spoilers for parts of our posts, when they are overly long.

I look forward to getting to know you.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @MLHC1 Please don't leave JFT. You have a lot going on with 4 kiddos, hubby that travels, continuing your education, work, and now puppies. I'd hope no one is trying to be deliberately negative. I am always impressed by your great lists! I say, you do you. Plus, JFT members have been coming and going, especially during this pandemic.

@ZizzyBumble I love your post: knowing what to do & wanting to lose weight, but not wanting to do what I know I need to do. Very true for me right now. So I just keep plugging away, day after day, hoping one day I'll get out of my funk.

Recap 6/28 M
    1) Yay! Walked dog 3.65 mi before work, heard lots of cranes & other birds, saw 1 bunny :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 15.7K
    3) Log everything! Prelog is even better / net cals zero / 14c water :smiley: green & 12
    3) GA-C/V determine revisions needed for Observation/Inquiry Checklist & update / 12:00 Facebook Live = 2/2
    4) Make strawberry rhubarb bars / check DVR / declutter 15 min. / fill gallon jugs from rain barrels / another chore? yes = 5/5
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 4/6

JFT 6/29 T
    1) X-train after work
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Arugula salad (new recipe), baked salmon & beets for supper / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) 9:00 EHN update via Teams / GA-C/V complete O/I Checklist revisions / clear some emails
    5) Wash towels / put away clean clothes / organize bubble wrap to give away Th / fill more jugs from rain barrels / declutter 15 min. / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Yesterday I registered for two 5Ks races that will be IN PERSON this year. I'm so excited. Virtual races/challenges were ok over a year ago, but they're lonely. I love walking with dog, but also love the energy of live races. Neither of the upcoming events will be huge, there's a virtual option for one, both are outdoors, the participants will be spread out, plus I'm fully vaxed, so I'm not too concerned about being around lots of strangers. My recent virtual 10K had at least 5,000 registered. 2,400 submitted their results in the race app but final results have not been posted yet.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and encouragement!! I'm gonna give it a go....🤗

06/29/2021 JFT:

❌ AM MCAT Studying 3 hours ➡️ slept in (Intentional due to stress. 🥴)
    AM Kiddo Routine
    Yoga
    Elliptical 30 minutes
    PM MCAT Study 3 hours
    Personal Medical Appt
    PM Kiddo Routine
    Dinner, etc

⭐ Stay Positive ⭐
  • MLHC1
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Thank you for the support and intro. 🤗

For those of you who do not know me, let me introduce myself:

♡ I am a 35-year-old woman

♡ I am married to a wonderful man who owns/operates a business (he travels alot)

♡ I am a mother to 4 adventurous boys (ages 3, 11, 13, & 19)

♡ We have 3 amazing doggies (all St. Bernard's, a 7 yr old and two 12 wk olds)

♡ I am pursuing a medical education (I recently graduated with my Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry and I am currently prepping for the MCAT Exam)

We reside in the great state of Texas and I am on a journey of living healthy to be the best me I can be!!

I look forward to getting to know the peeps I have not met and getting reacquainted with my long lost JFTers!!

Have a blessed day!! 🌷🤗🌷
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT- Monday June 28
    1.5L of water - much much more!
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk 15 minutes - no I would have died in the heat!

JFT- Tuesday June 29
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

@ZizzyBumble - I love the meme! It is so me right now. Especially since I’m eating McDonald’s as I type this.

@bookmeister86 - scales are so finicky. I think the old fashioned spring scales were so much more accurate than the disloyal ones. They seem so fussy about where they sit.
    I hope your new ones are at the lower end of weight for you.

@MLHC1 - I joined this group shortly after you left based on your dates. I have been pretty regular except for a while this past winter when I just couldn’t do it. I’ve only ever seen one person that seemed negative and she seems to be taken care of very quickly. I remember you coming back a couple of times since I’ve been here. It’s nice to see you. I have nothing but admiration for all you accomplish in a day!

@pridesabtch - I’m sorry you are struggling. I was going through the same thing until about March when I decided to try to post goals more regularly. I had just reached 202 which was a number I swore I would never see again. Just logging and not even meeting my goals most days has helped. This morning the scale said 189.8. I have not done any exercise whatsoever. I thought this time I would try a different way and not be disappointed in myself if it wasn’t as fast as I really wanted it to be. It’s helped to forgive myself for the higher calorie days. Tomorrow I’ll probably be up again because of the McD’s tonight.

It is 29C here today and we don’t have AC. I don’t like it and 99% of the time don’t want it. Today it would be nice though.

Have a good day everyone. I’ll check in again tomorrow night.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Had a second day of being in the green in a row (yes, that is an achievement lately!). Scale seems to reflect that, although it's still being unreliable and giving me a bit of a range, it's a lower range than it was yesterday??? I'll learn the truth on the new scale tomorrow...... @Snowflake1968 I was thinking that I might have been better just to get one of the old style needle ones. I didn't in the end because I find them a bit harder to read. But if this new one also proves erratic I might revert to an old style one. It's not like it's really necessary to measure to within 0.25lb.....

Finally got around to reading the solicitor letter I'd been putting off. It wasn't actually that bad. However reading that kind of reminded me of all the stuff we have to do still for the house. There are so many things to sort out (mortgage, insurance, checking planning portal as apparently solicitor doesn't do that, figuring out how to transfer the boyfriend's French money, etc....) and we seem to be so lacking in time to do them in! Now that things are opening up a bit, we seem to be quite busy at the weekends, and I don't want to cancel any weekend plans because frankly, after the last 18 months seeing friends and family is a big priority. But that does mean the house buying stuff has to slip into the week and we have to force ourselves to do it after work when we are tired and stressed. I'm sure making the effort will be worth it - and I'm mindful that we're very lucky to be buying a house at all. But I think I just need to figure out how I can not use up too much energy at work in the day, and also replenish it at the end of work so as to have some left in the evenings. This comes back to what I was saying last week about taking breaks!!! (Which I am still not great at doing).

Anyway, yesterday's goals:

Log everything I eat :)
    Be in the green :)
    Get 10,000 steps :)
    Drink 4 bottles water :)

Read the solicitor letter! :)

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in the green
    Do exercise DVD
    Get 5,000 steps
    Drink 4 bottles water

Make food plan including for picnic
    Pick up scale
    Fill car and check tyres
    Pick up food bits

@MLHC1 Nice to see you posting again! I like to hear about everything you get up to. I also like hearing about your chemistry - can't remember if I said before but my degree was in chemistry so I like getting little reminders of it, brings back fond memories :smile:
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 29 June

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿
    Water 👿
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊Trend ⬆️ I need to do better than yesterday and stay in the green!

w3zxbze25hb8.jpeg

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 30 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊Trend ↔️

• MLHC1
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and encouragement!! I'm gonna give it a go....🤗

06/29/2021 JFT:

❌ AM MCAT Studying 3 hours ➡️ slept in (Intentional due to stress. 🥴)
    ✅ AM Kiddo Routine
    ✅ Yoga
    ✅ Elliptical 30 minutes
    ❌ PM MCAT Study 3 hours ➡️ please refer to "things that interrupted my day" Lol 😂
    ✅ Personal Medical Appt
    ✅ PM Kiddo Routine
    ✅ Dinner, etc

⭐ Stay Positive ⭐

"Things that interrupted my day:"
    Late start to the day, feeling slightly depressed.
    Hubby's computer had tech issues (I am tech support in our household.) 🤓👍
    Kiddos need the Responsibility Board info reposted. (Further explanation available if curious, Lol!!)
    Tension has been high around the house so I bought some wine, put on a fav pandora station, and spent some quality sitting time with hubby. (Just sitting still, enjoying music, conversation, and no "responsible talk." It was nice and productive I feel. 😉

I cannot thank you all enough for the kind words, support, and motivation!! This is how JFT was when I joined, supportive friends just doing our best in this chaotic world, Lol. 🌷😂🌷

06/30/2021 JFT:

AM MCAT studying 3 hours
    AM Kiddo Routine
    Yoga
    PM MCAT Live Class Session 3 hours
    Elliptical 30 minutes
    Small grocery store trip
    PM Kiddo Routine
    Dinner, etc
    [Possibly: an hour or so of "make-up" MCAT studying.]

You all have an amazing day!! Celebrate every win, even if it is consistency instead of ultimate exercise!! (That is my current goal at the moment: develop consistency then shoot for ultimate burn sessions.)

@bookmeister86 Happy to see another fellow Chem person!! At my graduation there were only 3 chemistry majors that graduated and I was one of them, Lol!! 🤣 I feel we are a "rare breed." It is helping me with my MCAT studies (when I actually have time to study).

@Snowflake1968 Thank you. I do remember you from my previous "pop-ins." 😊 I am excited to get to know everyone better.

@ZizzyBumble Nice to meet you. 🙋‍♀️

Well, enough for now!! Let's Rock this Day!! ⭐😎⭐

• pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    - 7:00 am meeting :smiley:
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - eggs for breakfast (Yes, but also had 2 Oreo's)
    - Log food & exercise... exercise :neutral:
    - 10:00 meeting :smiley:
    - Work on laundry :smiley:
    - Empty dish washer :smiley:
    - Argue with youngest about her room - yes it's a goal as I tend to let it go too easily :smiley:
    - Prepare for Audit tomorrow :smiley:
    - Bike ride :(
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Sleep in my bed not on the couch :neutral:

Well yesterday wasn't a total wash, I did log my food. I didn't eat well, but I logged it. I guess that is a start. Didn't get to ride yesterday as I forgot there was a swim meet from 5:30 - 8:30ish. Because we hadn't prepared for that we ended up getting Pizza Hut for dinner. Boy that piles on the calories. Oh well.

Came in to work late today, just couldn't get out of bed. Then in my rush to get here, I forgot my phone. Of course, I need my phone for security codes to access many of my work functions. On the up side, I have to pick up my daughter from swim practice and take her home so I can get it then. Sigh... It feels like Monday.

Not much on the docket for today, maybe I'll get in a ride or a walk after work.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Log food on MFP
    - Post goals :smiley:
    - Pick up V at swim at 10:30
    - Do my mid-year review for work
    - Afternoon Audit in Delrin
    - Walk or Ride
    - Laundry, always laundry
    - No alcohol
    - In bed (not on couch) by 11:30

Have blessed day y'all!
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    @MLHC1 I also have a BS in Chem. I took the MCAT about 25 years ago (I'm old). I did pretty well considering I didn't prepare much, but I ended up having to forgo med school to get a job and help out the family. All in all, I think things worked out as they should. I worked as an EMT on the ambulance in college and had a very hard time leaving work at work. It was very difficult on me emotionally and I was always second guessing my decisions. Not good things for a physician. I wish you all the luck in your endeavors.

@Snowflake1968 thanks for the understanding. I have little hope right now, but with the ebbs and flows of my depression/anxiety I feel that may change. At least I hope it does. Starting on a positive path is definitely a good start.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Love to read all the JFTers' activities and support for each other! You all rock!

Recap 6/29 T
    1) X-train after work :smile: didn't really want to but wanted my JFT smiley more
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 13/14 & 10.6K
    3) Arugula salad (new recipe), baked salmon & beets for supper / net cals zero / 14c water :D green 2 & 14c
    4) 9:00 EHN update via Teams / GA-C/V complete O/I Checklist revisions / clear some emails = 3/3
    5) Wash towels / put away clean clothes / organize bubble wrap to give away Th / fill more jugs from rain barrels / declutter 15 min. no time / other? yes = 5/6
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) struggled to get out of bed but finally did = 4/6

JFT 6/30 W
    1) Walked dog 3.68 mi before work: saw bunnies, 1 muskrat & dog got treat from garbageman B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Leftovers for supper / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Decide if PTO on F & submit leave request / GA-C/V verify Observation schedule & checklists; start testing / clear more email backlog
    5) 7:30 concert at St. James Park / at least 2 to-dos at home
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble - You nailed it. That meme is exactly where I've been this year :(

So...after finally seeming to get it together at the end of May, I've let it all go again. Worse than that, I've let lots of bad habits creep in and seem to have developed a devil-may-care attitude. In a way, it seems self-protective - I refuse to beat myself up over what I eat or whether my clothes fit - but I know that I'm really just avoiding what I don't want to deal with.

My Summer I classes wrapped on Monday, and, despite feeling good about getting my students through, I feel completely drained from over a year of teaching online. I've still got one course to go in July, a 4-week academic "boot camp" for students entering the Early College High School program. Online again, but it's a less intense course to teach with very little grading. M-Th, I'm done before lunch, and my afternoons and weekends will be free. I've got a week to recharge and prepare.

Today I'm finishing up my Summer I grading while hiding from the heat (high of 97 F - yikes!). Tomorrow I'm off for a mini-family reunion over the holiday weekend. I'm so excited to finally have my kids and grandkids all in the same place for a couple of days.

Honestly, I'm not going to bother setting goals or logging until I get back. Then, perhaps, I need to start my own healthy habits boot camp.

Hope all of you have a great week <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT- Tuesday June 29
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk 15 minutes - 🥵 I would have died I’m sure!

JFT- Wednesday June 30
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

I was shocked to see the scale drop again today even after my McDonalds last night. I guess the sweating is clearing my fat away.

I’ll catch up more tomorrow, it is currently 11pm and I didn’t stop working until 830 tonight. I’m off the next 4 days though and am so looking forward to it.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    So I got the new scales and they seem to think I am several pounds lighter than the old scales did. I have a slight question mark over their reliability. Their first reading was 12 stone 6.75. But then the second, and all subsequent readings (which I took about eight times all in different places on the floor) were 12 stone 3. So I'm going with, 12 stone 3 is the correct weight and the first was just a fluke due to first time being used out of box??

I'll see how they do tomorrow. I hope they are reliable as (a) don't particularly want to have wasted £20 on scales no more reliable than the scales I already had (b) if they are reliable, then I actually only have 3lb to lose by my partner's sister's wedding which is very achievable (so achievable in fact that I could aim for a lower target). We'll see tomorrow!

Yesterday's goals:
    Log everything I eat :)
    Be in the green :|Just over
    Do exercise DVD :)
    Get 5,000 steps :|50 under!!
    Drink 4 bottles water :|Think I just missed this one

Make food plan including for picnic :)
    Pick up scale :)
    Fill car and check tyres :| Did first bit but tyre checking machine cost money(!) so we decided to try other place where we think it may be free
    Pick up food bits :smile:

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in/close to green
    Get 5,000 steps
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Spend quality time boyfriend

@pridesabtch Hello other fellow chemist :smile: I also enjoy reading your posts when you talk about scientific stuff, it reminds me of the year I spent in a lab 13 years ago. I haven't done any chemistry whatsoever since I left that lab, so it's nice to hear about it sometimes. I am impressed by the people I know who actually work in fields related to their degrees, there are surprisingly few it turns out.