How to get past discouragement

Options
Stephlamon89
Stephlamon89 Posts: 31 Member
I lujq4n5lx8y2.jpg
I feel dumb just typing this. I know I've come a long way but as I lose I hate the look of my stomach and my thighs. I'm working hard to get past that but does anyone have advice on how to not be so down on myself? Or ways to improve the hanging belly and jiggly inner thighs? I've had 3 C-sections and 5 kids, I just wish I could get back some of what I had before all that. 😂 I'm not expecting perfection, I just want to feel good when I look in the mirror.

Replies

• emmatige91
    emmatige91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1) Highly recommend following some body positivity accounts on social media. danaemercer on IG is my favorite, along with beauty.false and lainey.molnar.

2) If you're not already, exercising is awesome. And don't be afraid to lift - it takes SO much work for women to "bulk," and most of us will never reach that point. I hate my thighs too... so I'm putting in extra work on my leg days, and my strengthening quad muscles are starting to "lift" the saggy fat skin around my knees. Extra effort on my glutes is slowly giving me a rounded shape instead of flat and droopy.

3) It's easier for me to say all this because I'm not a mommy, so I don't know your battle as intimately. But you ARE making extreme progress, and celebrate your wins! Wear clothes that make you feel confident and happy. Just like you wouldn't wear a shoe that doesn't fit, why would you wear clothes that don't work for YOU? Rock that smokey eye, get that new haircut, and WORK those heels. You're a badass right where you're at.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Turn towards appreciation... that belly brought you 5 children. Those thighs carry you through the day, thousands of steps, hundreds of stairs, probably chasing those 5 children. Write out a list of the things you can do because of how well your body functions, because of the strength you have. Focus on appreciation of what you have to counter the depression of what you don’t.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I look at the Reports chart of my weight and see the progress I have made over time. Even though it's slow, and there are plenty of ups and downs, I realize how I'm learning how to change my lifestyle so that I can lose weight and feel healthier. I am making better choices than I did a year ago or even a month ago. And if I gain or hit a plateau, I can usually figure out why and can make a change to get back on track.That encourages me to keep at it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!