How to get past discouragement

Options
2»

Replies

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    When I was near 300lbs I was sad, depressed and probably not myself due to my general unhappiness.

I’ve come a long way and feel much better, when I lose sight of why I’m doing this I think back to the start of the year when I was much heavier. Stay positive if you can, the journey is hard at times but as others say, change will happen.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that men by and large don't care what our bodies look like as long as they get to touch them. So focus on all the things that your body does so well now.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've seen videos of incredibly toned girls/women who still say they have a bit of jiggle! we need to stop punishing ourselves for what human bodies naturally look like! I remember how much praise the film Wonderwoman got for not editing out the way the lead actresses thighs shock on impact with the ground, it's kind of crazy that that would even be comment worthy! I watch videos like this and realise how common the 'flaws' in my body are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJh3wvumCQE.

You look like you've come so far in your fitness journey, think about all the things you can do with more ease, think about all the health benefits and think about the fact you're setting a fantastic example to your kids. When we love and accept ourselves we open the door to others! keep celebrating your achievements and looking towards the future, I know it's hard at times.

WOW. Interesting video.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!