Options
124»

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    dfwesq wrote: »
    This is just my impression, having never tried any of their products, but they all seem like expensive flavored goo. For those who've tried them, are any of them worth the money?

I think the balsamic and honey dijon dressings are. They are only 3.69 at my store which is actually cheaper than many of the other low calorie dressings. They save me hundreds of calories because I like to use a lot of dressing on my salads.

The pancake syrup is also worth it to me. I think it is a lot better than regular SF syrup.

The jam is super expensive and kind of just like a jello like material. I prefer cheaper SF jelly at 5-10cal per serving. Cheaper and tastes better. Not worth the minima calorie savings.

I don't care for any of the other products. The coffee creamer, mayo, pb, are all really bad.
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I put the caramel syrup on my protein fluff and in my coffee. The Balsamic salad dressing isn't bad either.

Would I eat either of them with a spoon and not be able to tell the difference from the real thing? Nope. But they serve their purpose.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,457 Member
    Options
    I like their Asian ginger marinade dressing as a sauce for stir fry or as a salad dressing.

The honey Dijon dressing is really good on salads.

I take a bag of cut veggies and a small tub of their ranch with me to my volunteer gig, where years ago I developed a bad habit of boredom eating when things are slow.

The caramel syrup is good for dipping apple slices into it. My husband likes it, too, although it’s kinda borderline caramel tasting.

I like to spread a little of the chocolate syrup on my morning cake batter pancakes and eat them with my hands. Am planning to experiment with it in some baking and puddings.

Overall, they make a very good and perfectly acceptable tasting product, especially considering it’s zero calories.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I now use chocate syrup, maple syrup, chocolate dip, sometimes the preserves and marshmallow. They have a honey mustard mayo- NOT the dressing- but it is impossible to find!. I used to use more things but the dressings hurt my stomach and I'm not big on the caramel syrup.
    Also I never counted the calorie in them and it never has affected my weight, at least for me
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    It has actually grown on me now. You just use the dressing for the consistency rather than taste. I get the taste from the toppings like goat cheese, nut and/or berries (which is the part I like the best anyways) and Walden's gives the consistency without adding calories.
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I only like/ have the Italian dressing, but it’s a helpful tool when I’m trying to make dinner low calorie at the end of the day and want my side salad to be 10cals instead of 150. IMO Italian is easy to replicate with just vinegar, herbs, veg, and filler so I’m fine with it and think it tastes indistinguishable from regular.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I ended up throwing my Walden Farms mayo away. I decided the calories are worth it for the taste and texture of Sir Kensington's.
  • IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like the salad dressings for the most part. They're very vinegar-y though, so if you don't like the taste of vinegar, don't waste your money. I've had the ranch, honey dijon, and thousand island. As long as you are not expecting it to taste like the full fat versions of those dressings, they're not bad in my opinion. I love vinegar-y stuff though. The other stuff they sell I don't even want to try. I imagine the peanut butter and mayo are just gross, and I don't ever use sweet syrups or jams.
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Too chemical-y for my taste. But then I do almost no artificial sweeteners. I want this to be about health, not just low-cal. There are plenty of healthy salad dressings out there with 40 or less calories and minimal sugars per 2 T serving.