edited July 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
Where there any people who tried to sabotage your weight loss journey

Replies

• YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    My in-laws.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    People who are used to your old way of cooking and want that over buttery over fatty food, people who are jealous and you didn't realize it until they start making rude comments like you don't need to lose more weight even though your still to big or saying your to skinny even though your no where near skinny and that's not even your goal. Geez some people you have to distance yourself from or no longer deal with if possible. Your health and life comes first, before you can be their for others and that doesn't include food that's not healthy for you.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Someone told me a good way to handle something you don't want to eat that is given to you, is to say you are allergic. I hate lying, but if it will help create a trigger reaction, I say it. I will this year when my boss tries to get me to eat the sugar laden Christmas cookies again. I will say that I can't eat sugar if I don't want one. I used to get to take them with me and throw most out. Surprise in Dec 2020! We actually had to bake together AND be insisted upon to eat one together. Tiring.

Otherwise a fair amount of people have had negative comments. Some were even mixed with positive. My ex, when knew I was stated a new plan, would all of a sudden make gourmet mac and cheese. He has been gone about 11 years and I have not made it.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    salleewins wrote: »
    Someone told me a good way to handle something you don't want to eat that is given to you, is to say you are allergic. I hate lying, but if it will help create a trigger reaction, I say it. I will this year when my boss tries to get me to eat the sugar laden Christmas cookies again. I will say that I can't eat sugar if I don't want one. I used to get to take them with me and throw most out. Surprise in Dec 2020! We actually had to bake together AND be insisted upon to eat one together. Tiring.

Otherwise a fair amount of people have had negative comments. Some were even mixed with positive. My ex, when knew I was stated a new plan, would all of a sudden make gourmet mac and cheese. He has been gone about 11 years and I have not made it.

Why does one have to bake with their boss?
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    salleewins wrote: »

Why does one have to bake with their boss?

Because some places of employment are big on 'team building' in ways that are frankly obnoxious,. and also they pay you.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    Sabotage? My mom.

Some people are just born negative, and live in a perpetual cloud of “if life had only been different”. But I see now, these type of people would find something to gnaw on regardless of what life gave them.

I now believe you gather the same kind of energy you project, but that you can also control that energy.

I’ve tried so hard to lose the negativity I project along with the weight I packed, and have removed negative people from my life. Life is too short to carry an anchor on your heart.

Believing your “cup half full” is trite but illustrative, effective, and true.