Miracle Noodle Recipes & Do You Love them or Hate them!?

TNoire
TNoire Posts: 642 Member
edited March 2021 in Food and Nutrition
I love these Miracle noodles! ❤ 🍝
I love them, just hate the cost!!
and the smell!
But rinsing them pretty good helps :lol:

Here is my Lunch tonight!
Next time to avoid the sodium I think I am going to make my own meatballs, it's just I had some Hyvee frozen ones to use up 🤤

1.png

0.25 cup, Gustare Alfredo Sauce
1 c (85g), Hyvee Frozen Broccoli Florets
1 cup, White Mushrooms
6 meatballs, Hyvee Italian Style Meatballs
1 package, Shirataki - Tofu Fettucini
0.25 cup, Hyvee Mozzarella Shredded Cheese

Edit - you can also right-click and hit "view image in new tab" to see the bigger photo/nutrition some reason MFP sized it down to unreadable :neutral:

Replies

• nookicky
    nookicky Posts: 16 Member
    I love shirataki!! I think they work best in soups. I recently got some rice shaped ones and am gonna try to make rice pudding with them. Last week I used some of the rice shaped ones and mixed in some sushi flavoring. Ate it in a bowl with salmon, avocado, and wasabi nori, and it was delicious.
    One of my favorite meals to use them in though is pho chay. I make the broth myself, load up on a ton of veg, use the shirataki, and am sitting warm and happy with a low calorie, filling, tasty, soul-warming meal :)
    Your plate looks great!! I don't think I've ever tried them in this style of a meal before, I'll have to give it a go!
  • TNoire
    nookicky wrote: »
    I love shirataki!! I think they work best in soups. I recently got some rice shaped ones and am gonna try to make rice pudding with them. Last week I used some of the rice shaped ones and mixed in some sushi flavoring. Ate it in a bowl with salmon, avocado, and wasabi nori, and it was delicious.
    One of my favorite meals to use them in though is pho chay. I make the broth myself, load up on a ton of veg, use the shirataki, and am sitting warm and happy with a low calorie, filling, tasty, soul-warming meal :)
    Your plate looks great!! I don't think I've ever tried them in this style of a meal before, I'll have to give it a go!

I will have to look into that, thanks! and thank you!
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    I love shirataki noodles. I don't mind the smell as I rinse them well, and the texture issue is solved by dry frying them. Usually, I prefer them in Asian style dishes or soups, but I do have one really good Italian-style spaghetti recipe I think they're great in.

Your meatball recipe looks good.
  • Remigtonhill
    Remigtonhill Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2021
    I just eat a package with 1/4 - 1/3 cup pasta sauce that's 45 calories per 1/2 cup serving. I add 1 tbsp of parm and have a filling lunch for about 44 calories.

I also found at a local co-op "House Food's Tofu Spaghetti" which is shirataki and tofu. They are better and a bit more pasta-like than miracle noodles and 20 calories per bag. Worth the extra calories over Miracle Noodles in my opinion but I'll eat either.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    nookicky wrote: »

The rice is my favorite!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    I just eat a package with 1/4 - 1/3 cup pasta sauce that's 45 calories per 1/2 cup serving. I add 1 tbsp of parm and have a filling lunch for about 44 calories.

I also found at a local co-op "House Food's Tofu Spaghetti" which is shirataki and tofu. They are better and a bit more pasta-like than miracle noodles and 20 calories per bag. Worth the extra calories over Miracle Noodles in my opinion but I'll eat either.

Agreed about that House Foods "Tofu Spaghetti" version! It's the best one I've ever had. I eat them often.
  • TNoire
    The next thing I want to make is homemade ramen with it.
    I always make my soup/ramen/stew broths from scratch
    Ramen takes the longest at 10-14 hours but its worth it when its done!
    Then tossing some chicken or beef or pork in there with a ton of veggies it would work!

Have any of you used the macaroni kind of Shirataki?
    made mac and cheese with it?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

Agreed about that House Foods "Tofu Spaghetti" version! It's the best one I've ever had. I eat them often.

Wow interesting. I've found that brand is the worst out of all. The worst in rubbery texture and heavy on the smell compared to others.
  • chris89topher
    edited March 2021

Wow interesting. I've found that brand is the worst out of all. The worst in rubbery texture and heavy on the smell compared to others.

The regular ones from that brand, yes I agree. But not the "tofu" version. It's very very close to "real noodles".
  • Jenelle_Lynne
    Jenelle_Lynne Posts: 5 Member
    I loved shirataki noodles and the rice, but the past few times I ate them they made me really sick. Initially took me a little bit to get accustomed to the texture, but once I did I would eat them a couple times a week
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I think it's kind of funny that they're called miracle noodles...they're just shirataki noodles and common to Japanese cooking. I use them for Japanese dishes, and that's it.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Don't love or hate them.

Tried them before. No smell following the instructions for prep/cooking (just took on the flavors used in the dish) and texture was ok. However, not many types of dishes that I'd use them in and too expensive for what you get. Could just use dried rice noodles instead, which cost next to nothing and have very few cals too.

So, they're a hard pass for me even though I don't "hate" them.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Haven't had the branded 'Miracle Noodles' but LOVE shirataki noodles - I get mine from my local Asian grocery store - $3.50 a bag - always have them on hand.u1si1x9rkkek.png
  • TNoire
    edited July 2021
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Haven't had the branded 'Miracle Noodles' but LOVE shirataki noodles - I get mine from my local Asian grocery store - $3.50 a bag - always have them on hand.

I found them here for $2.79 a bag and the local store has wellness Wednesdays in the health market which gives an extra 10% off health market items!

I recently made Swedish meatballs and put them over the Shirataki noodles, it was perfect!
    Also made some homemade beef lo mein!

Miracle noodles are just a nickname but here is what the brand I get looks like!
    Along with a pic of my meatballs and beef lo mein!

v2c7j4scwus6.jpg

u1aba5045egd.jpg

f14ysx9350c4.jpg
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Never understood the smell people talk about with these noodles and I've tried all the brand's mentioned here this far.

Generally, I rinse, pat dry them bake them for 30 min (to extract more water). Then I use 'em for whatever I use 'em for.

Similar to @cwolfman13, I only use these for Asian or Asian-inspired dishes. Yesterday's batch was prepped as per the method above, then mixed with a Thai-style peanut sauce. I let that sit in the fridge for a few hours, then topped it with shrimp and kale.

And @sgt1372 I agree with you about rice noodles although my preference is brown rice noodles (which are harder to find in my city for some reason). Something about white rice makes me 😴 within 15-20 min. Like, near-comatose 🤣😂 so I don't eat it often.
  • chris89topher
    TNoire wrote: »
    Haven't had the branded 'Miracle Noodles' but LOVE shirataki noodles - I get mine from my local Asian grocery store - $3.50 a bag - always have them on hand.

I found them here for $2.79 a bag and the local store has wellness Wednesdays in the health market which gives an extra 10% off health market items!

I recently made Swedish meatballs and put them over the Shirataki noodles, it was perfect!

Miracle noodles are just a nickname but here is what the brand I get looks like!

v2c7j4scwus6.jpg

u1aba5045egd.jpg

f14ysx9350c4.jpg

That tofu shirataki version is my favorite! It feels much more like "regular" noodles without that crunch you normally get with them.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    lo8rau8ngsya.png
    I've really been liking these lately. Around $4/pack
  • TNoire
    TNoire wrote: »

v2c7j4scwus6.jpg

u1aba5045egd.jpg

f14ysx9350c4.jpg

That tofu shirataki version is my favorite! It feels much more like "regular" noodles without that crunch you normally get with them.

Yes same!
    I can rinse them in super hot water and toss them with whatever and they are perfect!
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    My hat is off to anyone who can stomach this stuff. I tried it, tossed it and didn't look back. Real noodles are soooo much better.
  • TNoire
    My hat is off to anyone who can stomach this stuff. I tried it, tossed it and didn't look back. Real noodles are soooo much better.

True real noodles are!
    lol
    Personally if I found if you store them in the fridge then give them a good rinse before eating them it doesn't have a real bad smell/taste :smile: