Miracle Noodle Recipes & Do You Love them or Hate them!?

2»

Replies

  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,276 Member
    rojq083g1u1k.jpg

    Miracle noodle, Trader Joe Healthy 8 mixed veggies, Cashew Queso, Nutritional yeast and herbs and spices. Awesome!
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    rojq083g1u1k.jpg

    Miracle noodle, Trader Joe Healthy 8 mixed veggies, Cashew Queso, Nutritional yeast and herbs and spices. Awesome!

    That looks amazing!
    So when is dinner? :lol:
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 322 Member
    I just eat a package with 1/4 - 1/3 cup pasta sauce that's 45 calories per 1/2 cup serving. I add 1 tbsp of parm and have a filling lunch for about 44 calories.

    I also found at a local co-op "House Food's Tofu Spaghetti" which is shirataki and tofu. They are better and a bit more pasta-like than miracle noodles and 20 calories per bag. Worth the extra calories over Miracle Noodles in my opinion but I'll eat either.

    Well, you, along with the rest of this thread have me intrigued to try these out. I have been craving spaghetti for about a week now, so I may just try this out as an alternative!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,276 Member
    Vegan Nutritional yeast parmesaun
    Spice blends mushroom umami seasoning mix and Soy sauce

    pabdu4vwgx2flx.jpg
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    I just eat a package with 1/4 - 1/3 cup pasta sauce that's 45 calories per 1/2 cup serving. I add 1 tbsp of parm and have a filling lunch for about 44 calories.

    I also found at a local co-op "House Food's Tofu Spaghetti" which is shirataki and tofu. They are better and a bit more pasta-like than miracle noodles and 20 calories per bag. Worth the extra calories over Miracle Noodles in my opinion but I'll eat either.

    Well, you, along with the rest of this thread have me intrigued to try these out. I have been craving spaghetti for about a week now, so I may just try this out as an alternative!

    I find storing them in the fridge will cut down the smell when you open them, give them a really good rinse and dry with papertowels and you will be golden! They are a great alternative for many things, spaghetti included!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    After seeing this thread, I stumbled across "miracle noodles" in the boxed meal section on my last grocery run. These were described on the package as fully prepared - just drain the packet of noodles, add hot water, and mix in the seasoning packet. I followed the directions, and while I didn't have any weird smell whatsoever (as mentioned in several other comments), I found the texture horribly off-putting! Like eating the gristle off of a piece of meat! Is it supposed to be like that, or did I do something wrong, or maybe make a poor selection of this particular product???
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    I like them. I rinse them well and stir them around in a hot Teflon pan to dry them out before using them. It eliminates the smell and gives them better texture.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Tonight we made homemade Shrimp Alfredo with mushrooms & Broccoli plus we had a big salad!

    We also used Shirataki noodles to make it more healthy and instead of heavy cream used skim milk in the pasta sauce!

    eybni7jhr3i8.jpg
    9rkna8z3fsb3.jpg
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    amart4224 wrote: »
    After seeing this thread, I stumbled across "miracle noodles" in the boxed meal section on my last grocery run. These were described on the package as fully prepared - just drain the packet of noodles, add hot water, and mix in the seasoning packet. I followed the directions, and while I didn't have any weird smell whatsoever (as mentioned in several other comments), I found the texture horribly off-putting! Like eating the gristle off of a piece of meat! Is it supposed to be like that, or did I do something wrong, or maybe make a poor selection of this particular product???

    date maybe or brand, I love this brand personally

    pauekm5hwb2d.jpg
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 388 Member
    TNoire wrote: »
    amart4224 wrote: »
    After seeing this thread, I stumbled across "miracle noodles" in the boxed meal section on my last grocery run. These were described on the package as fully prepared - just drain the packet of noodles, add hot water, and mix in the seasoning packet. I followed the directions, and while I didn't have any weird smell whatsoever (as mentioned in several other comments), I found the texture horribly off-putting! Like eating the gristle off of a piece of meat! Is it supposed to be like that, or did I do something wrong, or maybe make a poor selection of this particular product???

    date maybe or brand, I love this brand personally

    pauekm5hwb2d.jpg

    That's my favorite brand. They don't have that weird "crunch" that the clear non-tofu versions have. B)