Are you an ice chewer?

Replies

• mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    My husband used to sell and service commercial ice machines.

He told me that when he'd go out on service calls, he was often shocked at the number of restaurants that were not properly cleaning their machines. He'd open them up to find mold and mildew in the water lines that fed the machine. He would re-train the owners on proper cleaning techniques, but he wasn't confident they'd do it.

So, if you're going to chew ice, make your own at home! ;)

I didn’t really want to know how the sausage was made
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »

He told me that when he'd go out on service calls, he was often shocked at the number of restaurants that were not properly cleaning their machines. He'd open them up to find mold and mildew in the water lines that fed the machine. He would re-train the owners on proper cleaning techniques, but he wasn't confident they'd do it.

Oh come on. Deep down we all really want to know *that*.
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

😂 I got cured of that curiosity when I read The Jungle. Do you know it? It’s about the meat packing industry at the turn of the 20th century. I read it in junior high and it ruined so many things for me
  • ReenieHJ

😂 I got cured of that curiosity when I read The Jungle. Do you know it? It’s about the meat packing industry at the turn of the 20th century. I read it in junior high and it ruined so many things for me

Until I turn vegan I stay away from all that enlightening slaughterhouse......enlightenment. I know there are videos too. :( Wasn't it enough to watch birthing videos in health class a million years ago and *still* have babies?
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member

Until I turn vegan I stay away from all that enlightening slaughterhouse......enlightenment. I know there are videos too. :( Wasn't it enough to watch birthing videos in health class a million years ago and *still* have babies?

Lol. Saw those birthing vids. I'm childless. There will be no procreation in this body in this lifetime, thank you.
  • BraydanTaffy
    Yeah, we chewed ice as kids constantly (mainly cuz mum said no), but now that I have had my 4 $$$$ crowns replaced for the 2nd time... I'm afraid to bite into an apple.

I'll keep my $5,300 in my own pocket, thanks dentist with the 2nd boat.
  • OleTroubadour
    OleTroubadour Posts: 3,428 Member
    One of the worst sounds in the world!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,254 Member
    edited July 2021
    I am
    Sonic ice is perfect.
    I’ve been known to stab the straw into the ice, over and over filling it then sucking the ice out of the straw.
    Then I tire of such small amounts and I use the straw to help me scoop and just eat it.

Edit: I don’t chew the ice unless I’m at home alone.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,525 Member
    To me hearing ice being chewed = fingernails on a chalkboard.
    :s
    Non-chewer here.
    **raises hand**
  • OleTroubadour
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Non-chewer here.
    **raises hand**

One of, if not the, worst sound in the world
  • OleTroubadour
    I am
    Sonic ice is perfect.
    I’ve been known to stab the straw into the ice, over and over filling it then sucking the ice out of the straw.
    Then I tire of such small amounts and I use the straw to help me scoop and just eat it.

Edit: I don’t chew the ice unless I’m at home alone.

Thank you for that!
  • ReenieHJ
    Non-chewer here.
    **raises hand**

One of, if not the, worst sound in the world

Not to me. One of the worst sounds for me to listen to is someone chawing down on their gum with their mouth wide open, on and on and on......with no end in sight. At least ice melts eventually. :)
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,525 Member
    Yes, but this thread is about chewing ice. And frankly, it doesn't melt near fast enough when someone is chomping on it.
  • OleTroubadour
    There are sooo many annoying sounds but ice chomping ranks up with the worst. When you’re trying to have a conversation and they just crunch and crunch … swallow it already
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,254 Member
    There are sooo many annoying sounds but ice chomping ranks up with the worst. When you’re trying to have a conversation and they just crunch and crunch … swallow it already

Seems to me obnoxious noise aside,
    it’s rude to chomp ice when one is with someone.
  • OleTroubadour

Seems to me obnoxious noise aside,
    it’s rude to chomp ice when one is with someone.

Maybe I’m just too sensitive lol but yes I agree
  • I destroy ice by the force of my personality
  • ReenieHJ
    Yes, but this thread is about chewing ice. And frankly, it doesn't melt near fast enough when someone is chomping on it.

True but what's life if we can't veer off topic once in awhile? :)
  • BraydanTaffy
    I destroy ice by the force of my personality

Gosh, I'd love to have you with me every time I need to search for an inner-city parking spot!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Have you ever thought they eat the ice to NOT hear the conversation?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png