Less Alcohol ~ JULY 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• GiveHerGrace
    GiveHerGrace Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    2 Michelob Ultra tonight.. 100+ degrees in South Dakota calls for a couple of ice cold light beers. Back to AF tomorrow. Need the last 3 days of July AF to end the month with more AF than drinks days.

July totals
    AF - 13
    Drinks - 15
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    @MissMay that green sun is certainly strange.

4 days of AF left to the month.....we can do this :)

Oh and I lost a few pounds and my husband lost 14 by eating two meals a day and no snacks in between. Strangely, our appetites diminished a lot. We've been following Dr. Eric Berg's videos on intermittent fasting on youtube. It seems to work wonders on my husband but me not so much.

Yes, I read an article on MFP that says that IF works well for men and not for women.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF for the month. This is sustainable long term for me.

Still planning on hitting my 16 - even though I have mostly been 21-23AF each month this year so far.
    Sunday July 25 - AF - Next planned drinks day is Wednesday.
    Monday July 26 - AF - Finally finishing watching the Olympics' opening ceremony. Great! AF beer. I like it so much that I even bought real beer for drinks days, and had one last week. Who knew? I never liked beer before.
    Tuesday July 27 - AF - Felt like having a couple, but I have plans to have a few tomorrow night, so skipped tonight.
    Wednesday July 28 - Drinks. Car is dead up at the other end of town. No plans for drinks again until Sunday eve.

Rolling total - 15 AF days out of 28 days
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    3 AF days left to the month...and it's approaching the weekend too. Time to just focus on "keep going"...for me. I am surprised I have been able to maintain 11 hr workdays but fear my health will suffer since I am working during my normal exercise hours so I have to work on the balancing act. So hard and no clear solution in sight....

For folks who have been to South Dakota, do you recommend it for a visit/vacation?

Good luck with the car issues @dawnbgethealthy ...!

• Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options

I live in South Dakota when I am not in AZ. The western side of the state is beautiful. If you have never been to the state I would recommend going to the Black Hills, The Badlands, Custer State Park, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse. I live in Sioux Falls which is the eastern part of the state. We are all prairie land east of the Missouri River. Sioux Falls is by far the largest population base in the state. We have a very nice downtown (and of course the water falls that the city is named for.) The people in South Dakota are extremely friendly.

We are planning an RV trip, what is the best time of year to visit South Dakota?