Bring IT! Part III: Team No Excuses in March

Options

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thank you for showing me this thread myastyme all of you are sooo way ahead of me lol i hope i can join in and start kicking my own butt back into shape
    My name Cyndi and have three girls I would love to lose this weight for good and show them it can be done and how important a healthy life style is !!
    I need to take control and be responsible for my own actions when it comes to my health and weight
    I am heading to a local gym tomorrow to sign up again I just let it slip by and stopped going :ohwell: and I seriously need to log everything I eat
    I lost alot of weight once before and then when I lost a good amount of it I just stopped trying !!
    So thank you for everyone who can help me kick my butt and I hope I am just as supportive to each of you !

Welcome to the thread Cynn!!...so everyday we all strive to Bring It!...what sort of routine do you have planned for yourself..I know you just started so you may still be seeking ideas on excercise...do you work out daily and if so how much and how long for?....I find if we write our plans on paper and post them here it really helps us to keep accountable I usually post my plan for the day and that pushes me to finish it ...because if I dont I have to come back here and explain LOL......
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    OK, may I ask... what is this thread and how can I join the group?! Someone please send me a message or respond on here. I need accountability and this looks like the place to get it from!

Welcome to the Bring it group!!
    :drinker:
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    i am so sorry you're sick - i have the exact same symptoms!
    i am bummed that i can't workout, but i'll keep eating right - pumping the fluids and fresh fruit into me - and just give my body the rest it demands...
    the upside? my commute to school apparently burns 300 calories! (but that is all i could manage in terms of exercise today!)
    hang in there and i'm sure we'll both be healthy and jumping around real soon!

Thanks meisje, are you feeling any better? I am a tiny bit but not much. I am really frustrated because I've been sleeping a lot and resting but it hasn't healed me! And tomorrow I have to go back to work and be really busy there. :sad: I just want to feel better!! I hope you are!

On the plus side I finally found some time to upload pics. Does anyone know how to post a picture in one of these posts?
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi i am exciting to be shown this post. I am really in need of someone to be accountable to, more than just myself.Is there a certain day we put in our weigh ins, or is it just to talk, is there certain goals each week, i read through some of the posts but not all of them.
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    i am so sorry you're sick - i have the exact same symptoms!
    i am bummed that i can't workout, but i'll keep eating right - pumping the fluids and fresh fruit into me - and just give my body the rest it demands...
    the upside? my commute to school apparently burns 300 calories! (but that is all i could manage in terms of exercise today!)
    hang in there and i'm sure we'll both be healthy and jumping around real soon!

Thanks meisje, are you feeling any better? I am a tiny bit but not much. I am really frustrated because I've been sleeping a lot and resting but it hasn't healed me! And tomorrow I have to go back to work and be really busy there. :sad: I just want to feel better!! I hope you are!

On the plus side I finally found some time to upload pics. Does anyone know how to post a picture in one of these posts?

Gawd I missed the post regarding you guys being sick?? there seems to be something going around I hope you guys get back to feeling 100% soon:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    neeter i sent u a note on how to do photos i hope it worked lol let me know
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Hi i am exciting to be shown this post. I am really in need of someone to be accountable to, more than just myself.Is there a certain day we put in our weigh ins, or is it just to talk, is there certain goals each week, i read through some of the posts but not all of them.

Hiya and welcome!! the best way to start would probably be just share your goals with us and your daily plan of attack..all of us have different goals and the way we achieve them but the end outcome is usually the same ...eating healthier and getting physical activity...
    my plan has been 2hrs+ of excercise daily mainly cardio..I drink 6-8 glasses of water a day and take a daily vitamin...I am on a strict 1200 calories and I do not eat back any of my excercise calories...I do watch my carbs,sodium and fat as well......my workouts of choice are Walk away the pounds,hip hop abs and Jillian Michaels cardio kickbox and the biggest loser workouts....My goal is to join the rest of the bunch eventually and start jogging and doing P90X....thats what motivates me hearing everyone doing so well at such a HARD workout....so as u can see we are all pretty different i have shed a lot BUT i am not nowhere as fit as some of the other members..so being here on the thread with them is true inspiration.:drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Umm..I'm posting to read this later.

TAG! You're it!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    but wait I can't today.............. an old friend is in from out of town.......... I got work late.... I'm tired........... I don't have time............ you don't understand
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    but wait I can't today.............. an old friend is in from out of town.......... I got work late.... I'm tired........... I don't have time............ you don't understand

u could always join me on my overnight excercise guiltfest..lol ...its funny how I cant even sleep when I miss a workout ...I do wonder if it helps ease my insomnia..Im going toi have to research that...nice pictures btw.....i can see a lot of hard work and dedication went into that physique....wtg wtg:drinker:
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey chat group. I've been using tea, lemon water, 3/4 organic vegetable broth to 1/4 organic veggie broth, and whey protein shakes as fillers. I hope to lose a pound soon :):glasses:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Hey chat group. I've been using tea, lemon water, 3/4 organic vegetable broth to 1/4 organic veggie broth, and whey protein shakes as fillers. I hope to lose a pound soon :):glasses:
    Hey Phed....Ive been thinking of starting a protein shake ..can u tell me what brand you use? and how it taste for some reason Im think chalky and horrid ....are protein shakes used instead of meals or are they an added supplement?
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    myasteme -
    thanks but nothing showed up except "this is how you do photos"
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway:

Someone's been doing some recruiting while I've been gone! (4 hours? :laugh: ) Glad to have some more people on board. To answer some of the questions I saw...

-None of us are on the same plan. I think most of us are a fan of Beachbody products, even if we're not doing them. We have runners, Hip Hop Ab-ers, TurboJammers, P90Xers, ellipticals, cardio queens, etc. We're asking that you have a workout routine that you are willing to dedicate yourself to. Lay it out, let us know, but most of all, DO IT! Exercise really is non-negotiable here. Come here and let us know how you BRING IT daily, whether it be your nutrition, your workout, or both.

-Clean eating is promoted here. We're not going to point out if you've been doing it wrong or tell you "Drink less beer." NO! Sorry folks, GET REAL! Just because you can eat low-fat candy doesn't mean you should! Of course, you could always lose weight by eating 1200 calories a day worth of gummy bears, but you won't find anyone here telling you that's ok. Do some research and see how you can clean it up. Ask us questions if you have them. No pats on the back and "You'll do better tomorrow" if you eat a box of Girl Scout cookies. Just don't have the cookies around, ok? Make it easier on yourself.

-Be here for the right reasons. Do it for your health, your happiness, and your family. Make it a priority! This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. NO diets for us, no way! :noway: The only way you are going to lose weight and keep it off is by trial and error, commitment to a new, better lifestyle, and being here for the right reasons. There WILL be bumps in the road, but once you get to know your body, you should be on a good path to success.

-Write your own story. Don't be caught up in who you think you should be or how the world perceives you. Who do YOU want to be? Make it happen.

-Finally, no excuses. We all have school, a stressful job, kids, family, and a million reasons why we can't do something. Think of one or two reasons why you can, and do it. It's easy to have excuses. It's the person who thinks of ways to overcome these obstacles that's the real winner.

Bring IT!

M
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    Argh sorry for all my posts but I'm trying to figure out how to post a photo! Unsuccessfully.
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    i sent u another note neeter i hope it works
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    Yay! I figured it out. :smile: Here are two photos of me at my boyfriend's work awards dinner last weekend.

n1435449575_30299996_828698.jpg

2576_1099062763529_1435449575_30299997_2162063_n.jpg
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    yayayya neeter!!!! that is one fab dress!!!! you look great:drinker:
  • mgullette
    Options

Oh JB,

You really are a comedian, aren't you? :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sure you didn't get that physique by eating 100 calorie pack oreos...I could be wrong though.
  • mgullette
    Options
    Neeter you look gorgeous! I can see your nice collarbone in the second pic. Way to go! I bet you knocked their socks off...