16 Days of Positive

I need a boost. I haven't failed, although I have stalled. For 3 1/2 months (Apr-mid July), I consistently lost 25lbs through eating well and exercising. Last two weeks I've been slipping into old habits, not severely, but enough to toss a red flag down. I plan to think and have positive thoughts for the rest of July, and to find my groove again. Everyone is invited to chime in.

Replies

• MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    edited July 2021
    Positive for July 16: I will get my meal planner back on track. Over this weekend I will prepare and freeze meals I can use through the week. I was doing this religiously and then hosting family parties pushed it to the side.
  • MrsDogLady
    edited July 2021
    Positive for 17 July: Yesterday I made a Cajun Penne and Sausage Bake, find it here: https://masonfit.com/cajun-sausage-pasta-bake/ 220 cals per serving, and froze all 8 portions for my meal planner. Today was my normal weigh-in, lost another 1.2 lbs. My positive for today is to remember my weight didn't appear overnight and it will not come off overnight either. The plan I have developed for myself is working, it's a slow path but it is what will make this a for-life effort. Go me!

NOTE: Make your own cajun spice and avoid additional sodium in your diet!: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/149221/cajun-spice-mix/?utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-recipe&utm_content=20210501&utm_term=149221 Tastes exactly the same as what you buy in the spice rack at the store.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    I like how you're approaching this, not with panic and frantic changes, nor by giving up, but by doing positive things systematically. Good plan!

I'm betting on success. Keep up the good work!
  • MrsDogLady
    Positive for July 18: Woke up feeling sort of crappy and I'm hosting a family thing later on today. The positive: I plan to be easy on me, and not knock myself out going through the usual cleaning routines - they all know what my place looks like so if it's a bit under par, so be it. I have my meal strategy ready, they get the dogs and burgers, I have a light turkey sandwich planned with a salad if I want. One martini won't hurt either...my family is ridiculous, in a funny way.
  • MrsDogLady
    Positive for July 19: How did July suddenly be half over? Positive for today: Meal plan is in place. The challenge is following it, but I was extremely successful using it between late March to mid June 2021. This week I'm making a commitment to my plan and hopefully see a weight on Saturday with a ONE in front! Woo Hoo, come on Onederland!
  • MrsDogLady
    Positive for July 20: Tuesday - excited that my planner and I have found each other once again. I have been cooking, made amazing salmon patties in the air fryer last night for freezing. Just 218 calories each.

mabto6ievx5r.jpg

They will pair nicely with a light salad for lunch tomorrow. I feel more in-tune when I know I've done the cooking and freezing, makes everything work much more smoothly. No staring aimlessly into the fridge wondering what I can 'throw' together.

• MrsDogLady
    Positive for July 21: I tried on my old XL bathing suit and it fit well enough to use - at home of course. I have a whole wardrobe waiting for me, tops and a few pants, dresses I just couldn't part with and I can't wait to finally use them again! Every month that passes, I slowly fit into more of them.
  • MrsDogLady
    Positive for July 23: After rooting through my closet I found that I've actually got a few pair of jeans that are too big! WOW won't need to think about them any longer! A few tops almost fit - excited about the next few months!
  • MrsDogLady
    Positive for July 25: I didn't hit my 199.8 goal - but I did lose one pound last week, it just means I have to wait another week to get to Onederland. A huge milestone!
  • MrsDogLady
    Positive for 27 July: I stumbled yesterday. I was physically AT work yesterday and when I got home I was mentally/physically wiped out. Even though I followed my meal plan, I stepped outside the boundaries and did some grazing and snacking after dinner - which I hardly ever do. But I realize this isn't the end of the world. Get up, dust off, start over again and make it right today. Everyday is a new opportunity to be healthier :smiley:
  • Fitnesspal1608
    Fitnesspal1608 Posts: 5 Member
    This is a great idea. Keep it up!
  • AnnPT77
    MrsDogLady wrote: »
    Positive for 27 July: I stumbled yesterday. I was physically AT work yesterday and when I got home I was mentally/physically wiped out. Even though I followed my meal plan, I stepped outside the boundaries and did some grazing and snacking after dinner - which I hardly ever do. But I realize this isn't the end of the world. Get up, dust off, start over again and make it right today. Everyday is a new opportunity to be healthier :smiley:

Super important!

The rare thing can become an opportunity for self-recrimination, even persuade some people to give up. But it's the majority of our days that determines the majority of our progress.

Stay positive: You're rocking this!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    "Get up, dust off, start over again.

THIS!!!^^

Love this thread!!
  • MrsDogLady
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I like how you're approaching this, not with panic and frantic changes, nor by giving up, but by doing positive things systematically. Good plan!

I'm betting on success. Keep up the good work!

Really appreciate the remarks! Yes I'm through with the panic, I've gained and lost all my life, but this time it's different. I'm more interested in my health and well being. Seeing the scale go down is always a welcome sight but knowing I'm treating my body well with exercise, water, good food choices, that's a winning combo.
  • MrsDogLady
    edited July 2021
    Positive for July 28: Been struggling to get my exercise done daily, it's so easy to say I can skip a day, etc., but one thing I do know - I always feel great once I finish it - that last 30 seconds means I win - again! Also, by finishing my exercise, I feel a true sense of accomplishment, makes my mind toss out otherwise negative thoughts and encourages me stay on track with my diet. All those benefits for a 30 minute commitment of aerobic activity every day!
  • MrsDogLady
    Positive for July 29: I am closing in on another week. I've lost 25lb since late March. In total since 2019, I've lost 42. Sounds like a lot but I lost and gained the same 20lbs at least 3 times between then and now. BUT this time, this week, is the first time my weigh in will be in the 100's. First time since 2006 I've been below 200. I know people say not to depend on the scale BUT who wouldn't like to see a reached milestone like that one?
  • AnnPT77
    MrsDogLady wrote: »
    Positive for July 29: I am closing in on another week. I've lost 25lb since late March. In total since 2019, I've lost 42. Sounds like a lot but I lost and gained the same 20lbs at least 3 times between then and now. BUT this time, this week, is the first time my weigh in will be in the 100's. First time since 2006 I've been below 200. I know people say not to depend on the scale BUT who wouldn't like to see a reached milestone like that one?

That's amazing: Good show!

You're on a good course, and know how your body behaves on that course, so it seems likely you'll see that weight in the 100s this week, as expected. In the unlikely event that it doesn't quite happen this week . . . it's for sure coming, and soon, on your good course.

Yay!
  • MrsDogLady
    LAST DAY for 16 Days of Positive, July 31: I finally reached my first and most important goal. Onederland! Got on the scale this a.m., after removing EVERYTHING, retainers, glasses and all etc., LOL, and the scale said 199.2 this a.m.!
    c77uddzgorkv.png

I've been losing in 10lb increments. Adding my Excel spreadsheet that I monitor weekly. Proud of myself for only having one week "Gain" in Week 15. This is the end of week 19, the beginning of another 10 lb goal.
    osrj1u65vqs7.png

Time to start the next goal. There will be good days and not so good days. I just need to look back on my positives and remember the journey. Losing weight is a bear, but the rewards to my health and overall wellbeing are worth it.
  • AnnPT77
    Congratulations: That's a big milestone. Go, you! 👍🎉😊🎉👍
  • MrsDogLady
    edited July 2021
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Congratulations: That's a big milestone. Go, you! 👍🎉😊🎉👍

Thank you so much for riding through that with me, you have been inspiring! :)