What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    New hot weather obsession:

1 c silk cashew milk (25)
    Banana (105)
    113gr low fat cottage cheese (60)
    1 oz zero cal syrup
    Few drops vanilla extract
    Huge cup ice cubes

Process til smooth and icy. Huge mug of ice cream-like happiness for under 200 calories.

We liked the Jordan’s chocolate mint, with a pinch of instant coffee to “darken” the flavor

I’m going to try it with the lavender syrup tomorrow
  • Grape Nuts
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Grape Nuts
    Yummmm I forgot how much I love those! Now I have a craving!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    edited July 2021
    Fig spread. I look forward to meals/snacks that have it
    With banana, with whole wheat toast, with PB2 and with oatmeal
  • Grape Nuts

I have them every morning! Very healthy and very tasty :)
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Grape Nuts

Talk to me about Grape Nuts, lol. I've been wanting to try them because it looks good but they are a little on the higher calorie side. My favorite cereal is Fiber One original.

Are Grape Nuts filling and keep you full for a while?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    New hot weather obsession:

1 c silk cashew milk (25)
    Banana (105)
    113gr low fat cottage cheese (60)
    1 oz zero cal syrup
    Few drops vanilla extract
    Huge cup ice cubes

Process til smooth and icy. Huge mug of ice cream-like happiness for under 200 calories.

We liked the Jordan’s chocolate mint, with a pinch of instant coffee to “darken” the flavor

I’m going to try it with the lavender syrup tomorrow

Did it! The Jordan’s 0-cal lavender syrup wasn’t bad at all. A bit fruity tasting.

(I keep it around to add to club soda once in a while. )
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    edited August 2021
    Grape Nuts

Talk to me about Grape Nuts, lol. I've been wanting to try them because it looks good but they are a little on the higher calorie side. My favorite cereal is Fiber One original.

No doubt man! Ask and you shall receive the great grape nut knowledge.

Paired with some fruits like blueberries and my personal choice of unsweetened oat milk, it's quite healthy, tasty and filling to enjoy each morning. Most important however though are the nutritional benefits. I sound like a robotic advertisement right now lol but I find all this stuff quite interesting.

In a box of grape nuts there are 10 specified servings, each serving one 1/2 cup. One serving has 200 calories, 7g of fiber (1g soluble, 6g insoluble), 6g of protein and a small amount of sugar (5g, no added sugars). There is a small amount of polyunsaturated fat (healthy fat) and no unhealthy fats. The milk I drink also has monounsaturated fat (healthy fat) and no unhealthy fats, as well as no sugars and a good amount of calcium and vitamins. Speaking of vitamins/minerals, one serving of grape nuts is 90% of your daily iron, 80% vitamin b6, 40% thiamin, 90% folate (folic acid), 30% zinc, 10% magnesium, 20% phosphorus, 45% niacin, as well as a small amount of potassium and riboflavin.

A quick google of Fiber One Original shows one 1/2 cup to contain 60 calories, a small amount of polyunsaturated fat (healthy fat) and no unhealthy fats, 14 grams of fiber (1g soluble and 13g insoluble), no sugar and 2g of protein. Of the vitamins/minerals it shares with grape nuts, it has 25% of your daily iron, 25% vitamin b6, 25% thiamin, 25% folate (folic acid), 25% zinc, 4% magnesium, 6% phosphorus as well as 25% niacin. All of these are substantially lower than what grape nuts offers in the same serving size. However, Fiber One Original also offers 10% vitamin c, 10% calcium, 25% riboflavin, 25% vitamin b12, as well as more than twice the amount of insoluble fiber and no sugar, whereas Grape Nuts has 5g of sugar.

I think there would be benefits to both cereals, or even mixing them, however I would personally go with grape nuts due to my own body's digestion and needs. I already have a fiber-rich diet so I think it would be too much fiber for me to eat fiber one and not enough calories. Plus the milk I drink provides most of the vitamins that fiber one cereal does and in superior amounts (100% vitamin b12 and 35% calcium for instance).

Personally, I eat quite a plain diet with very minimal sugar so my taste buds don't require a lot to derive enjoyment from food. I know other people have different preferences with their food. If you try grape nuts and don't like them as much, I would recommend mixing another cereal with grape nuts in order to reap the benefits whilst improving the taste/texture to cater your needs, but honestly for me, it's perfect as is. The milk and fruit yield enough flavor enhancement and the grape nuts are dense, filling and go a LONG way. For me, a box would last generally around 10 days, just as the serving size dictates.

And that concludes my robotic talk... about the grape nuts B)

Well I finally tried Grape Nuts yesterday and I love it! I added water to it, nuked it in the microwave for a few seconds so it absorbed it and got mushy, then topped it with monk fruit sweetener (yes, I'm a little odd sometimes, lol). It was great! I'm adding it to my rotations. And although a serving looks pretty small in the cup, you're right it is indeed filling. :smiley:
  • dviolin1982
    dviolin1982 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2021
    1 oreo a day for a snack (60 cals) taken apart so the two sides and the cream middle feels like 3 cookies. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Grape Nuts

No doubt man! Ask and you shall receive the great grape nut knowledge.

Paired with some fruits like blueberries and my personal choice of unsweetened oat milk, it's quite healthy, tasty and filling to enjoy each morning. Most important however though are the nutritional benefits. I sound like a robotic advertisement right now lol but I find all this stuff quite interesting.

In a box of grape nuts there are 10 specified servings, each serving one 1/2 cup. One serving has 200 calories, 7g of fiber (1g soluble, 6g insoluble), 6g of protein and a small amount of sugar (5g, no added sugars). There is a small amount of polyunsaturated fat (healthy fat) and no unhealthy fats. The milk I drink also has monounsaturated fat (healthy fat) and no unhealthy fats, as well as no sugars and a good amount of calcium and vitamins. Speaking of vitamins/minerals, one serving of grape nuts is 90% of your daily iron, 80% vitamin b6, 40% thiamin, 90% folate (folic acid), 30% zinc, 10% magnesium, 20% phosphorus, 45% niacin, as well as a small amount of potassium and riboflavin.

A quick google of Fiber One Original shows one 1/2 cup to contain 60 calories, a small amount of polyunsaturated fat (healthy fat) and no unhealthy fats, 14 grams of fiber (1g soluble and 13g insoluble), no sugar and 2g of protein. Of the vitamins/minerals it shares with grape nuts, it has 25% of your daily iron, 25% vitamin b6, 25% thiamin, 25% folate (folic acid), 25% zinc, 4% magnesium, 6% phosphorus as well as 25% niacin. All of these are substantially lower than what grape nuts offers in the same serving size. However, Fiber One Original also offers 10% vitamin c, 10% calcium, 25% riboflavin, 25% vitamin b12, as well as more than twice the amount of insoluble fiber and no sugar, whereas Grape Nuts has 5g of sugar.

I think there would be benefits to both cereals, or even mixing them, however I would personally go with grape nuts due to my own body's digestion and needs. I already have a fiber-rich diet so I think it would be too much fiber for me to eat fiber one and not enough calories. Plus the milk I drink provides most of the vitamins that fiber one cereal does and in superior amounts (100% vitamin b12 and 35% calcium for instance).

Personally, I eat quite a plain diet with very minimal sugar so my taste buds don't require a lot to derive enjoyment from food. I know other people have different preferences with their food. If you try grape nuts and don't like them as much, I would recommend mixing another cereal with grape nuts in order to reap the benefits whilst improving the taste/texture to cater your needs, but honestly for me, it's perfect as is. The milk and fruit yield enough flavor enhancement and the grape nuts are dense, filling and go a LONG way. For me, a box would last generally around 10 days, just as the serving size dictates.

And that concludes my robotic talk... about the grape nuts B)

Well I finally tried Grape Nuts yesterday and I love it! I added water to it, nuked it in the microwave for a few seconds so it absorbed it and got mushy, then topped it with monk fruit sweetener (yes, I'm a little odd sometimes, lol). It was great! I'm adding it to my rotations. And although a serving looks pretty small in the cup, you're right it is indeed filling. :smiley:

I’ve never tried them warm! I’ll have to.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Been loving these meatless crumbles. I prefer to regular ground turkey or chicken. I like that it isn’t oily at all and prefer the texture. It’s so easy to make too I dj6e986ais6f.jpeg
    luqxbncfhuno.jpeg
    mix with hot water, let sit for a few minutes and ready to go. Already is seasoned. jci63z9mxbf7.jpeg
    9slav73gwzws.jpeg
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Been loving these meatless crumbles. I prefer to regular ground turkey or chicken. I like that it isn’t oily at all and prefer the texture. It’s so easy to make too I dj6e986ais6f.jpeg
    luqxbncfhuno.jpeg
    mix with hot water, let sit for a few minutes and ready to go. Already is seasoned. jci63z9mxbf7.jpeg
    9slav73gwzws.jpeg

this looks very good! where did you get it from?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    alexmose2 wrote: »
    luqxbncfhuno.jpeg
    9slav73gwzws.jpeg

Amazon!
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    luqxbncfhuno.jpeg
    9slav73gwzws.jpeg

Amazon!

do they require refrigeration? they look delish!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    luqxbncfhuno.jpeg
    9slav73gwzws.jpeg

Amazon!

do they require refrigeration? they look delish!

Nope! That is why I like them so much. Shelf stable, expiration was 2 years away. Super convenient. You just add hot water and its ready to go in a few minutes. You can also cook it in a skillet after but I am lazy haha.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member

These!!

meg9iufzpot4.jpeg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    That spicy cucumber salad looks delicious. Could you share the recipe? I'd try making it as well! :)

Hiiiiii I’m a month late to reply and I’m so sorry lol. The recipe is by a blogger known as Maangchi and it’s their spicy Korean cucumber salad. The way we make it is double the recipe and with chili oil/chili garlic crunch instead of just plain chili flakes. I also have taken to seeding the cucumbers so leftovers become less watery :)
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    My recent obsession: Ezekiel bread products. I have no idea why in the heckity-heck it took me so long to try this brand but here we are. The bread is wheaty and filling and toasts spectacularly while being low enough gluten to not give me a stomach ache and the tortillas are good too… The English muffins aren’t “authentic” as far as EMs go but they still taste great and make lovely small sandwiches. Bible Bread as I lovingly call it is now a staple in my house lol
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    My recent obsession: Ezekiel bread products. I have no idea why in the heckity-heck it took me so long to try this brand but here we are. The bread is wheaty and filling and toasts spectacularly while being low enough gluten to not give me a stomach ache and the tortillas are good too… The English muffins aren’t “authentic” as far as EMs go but they still taste great and make lovely small sandwiches. Bible Bread as I lovingly call it is now a staple in my house lol

I have not had bread in years and just discovered I can eat Ezekiel bread 😋 I am with you on this! I missed my peanut butter and jelly!!