What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Tourists. Too kitten many kitten tourists.

Yes.
    All these beautiful places out in nature I want to visit and everybody else from the whole northeastern part of the country is there. Clogging up the parking lots and hiking trails, and favorite ice cream spots. Yes, the Old Man fell off the face of the mountain and if you pull off the road, you'll be able to see where it's not. Instead of crawling along at 20 mph.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    When people scratch off lottery tickets while still at the cash register so they can decide if they're going to cash them in then or buy new ones.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    My unkempt office. I was working outside and the sprinkling rain turned into a pretty heavy one.

My office is a pig sty.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,349 Member
    Options
    Family drama. I am disconnected from it because I live so far away, but somehow, I get to hear about it anyway. I'd rather stay away from it all together because a.) not into drama and b.) one of the parties is my mother... and the other party is my cousin, who I was quite close to growing up (he was raised by my grandmother because his dad was a bit of a prat and more interested in drugs and alcohol at the time).

I don't want to be involved in it.. and I certainly don't like it happening around my grandmother, who has dementia and can't remember a lot anymore and really needs these people to come together and keep taking care of her (her dementia is bad enough that she needs someone to live in with her, which my uncle does). I refuse to take sides in this issue since I'm an outside party.

I am so sorry. Unfortunately a dementia diagnosis can do that to a family.
    Honestly? Trying to stay out of it is probably your best move.

Doesn’t make it easier, though. 💐
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,560 Member
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    This is what my youngest German Shepard does…. Systematically amputates every toy.

She starts with the smallest appendage then works her way up. But, always leaves the face alone and head attached to the body. The body she rips all of the stuffing out of but face leaves alone.

Lil’ gal monkey… months old.

Ol’ boy camel brand new. 🤷🏼‍♂️

nbkfyn7ybo3o.jpeg

She wants em to have a face so she can look em in the eyes when she attacks them. 😂
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,349 Member
    Options
    Our house is small. So my NuStep doubles as one of the chairs in my living room.
    So…. When I say to my roommate, “It’s late. I need to exercise soon” what I mean is “Get the kitten off my exercise machine and go back to your area of the home now please”
    Not
    “Please show me and my partner a bunch of Olympics videos”

Irked, I am.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    This is what my youngest German Shepard does…. Systematically amputates every toy.

She starts with the smallest appendage then works her way up. But, always leaves the face alone and head attached to the body. The body she rips all of the stuffing out of but face leaves alone.

Lil’ gal monkey… months old.

Ol’ boy camel brand new. 🤷🏼‍♂️

nbkfyn7ybo3o.jpeg

It's kinda like eating cake or Oreos. Eat certain parts first, then save the best for last. Ok, maybe that's just me. :)

I used to scout out yard sales for cheap stuffed animals after donating several of my daycare's stuffies for tearing up purposes. Oh the living room floor was always such a mess, stuffing from one end to another. My dogs hadn't done that in so long; I was actually thinking about it yesterday. So what happens? I go to get in bed last night and see stuffing on my comforter. WTH? One of my dogs had chewed a hole in my comforter and thrown stuffing atop my bed. Do you think she read my thoughts yesterday; that'd be creepy. Now who to blame.....the dog laying right there looking like she doesn't have a clue or the one who is hiding in the other room, pretending to be sleeping and all sweet/innocent?

I miss those chew-the-hell-outta-every-stuffed-thing-in-the-house-even-pillows days. It meant they were still young pups.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,560 Member
    Options
    That there are so many things that I need to get done out in the yard but can’t manage most of it by myself and I have no one to help.
    Plenty of offers, they never develop into actual help. 😒
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Life in general *waves hand generally*
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    People who refuse to advocate for themselves and question their doctor, their insurance companies.....they simply accept answers without doing any searching or questioning. :( And there's a big difference between refusing and not being able to.....

Maybe I'm becoming much more cynical as I've gotten older but I see people being figuratively S@rewed all the time by the corporations.

I took my dogs to the vet over the past couple of months and with all the catching up we had to do to bring them both up-to-date, I told the vet right upfront that finances were a big consideration right now. She then decided what would be extremely important, vs. kind of important and gave me options. Bless her heart. She understood.

And don't get me started on insurance companies. :( They say they pay this and that but I see people getting denied who don't appeal. My sister, TG, decided to appeal some charges she was told her insurance wouldn't cover. They ended up covering it all. They probably figure most people aren't going to bother. Because hey, they're big biz and know what they're doing, right? Like doctors know what they're doing, right?