Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    the white cast from sunscreen
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I wish more people understood that being a self-published author is like running a small business. People (mostly my family) assume writing is just a fun little side hobby that I can take a break from whenever I want. They wouldn’t tell me to take a break from my full-time day job that I despise - they just tell me to hang in there and keep pushing. With writing? “Why are you working so hard? Just take a step back from it”
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,870 Member
    Options
    Delta Airlines
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,041 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Still dealing with caffeine related migraines, I think. I haven't had any soda since Monday, and while I still drink coffee (1 or 2 cups a day most days) this migraine will not knock off. It's making getting things done pretty... difficult. Also, I can't concentrate on anything and I still want a Diet Mt. Dew! When will this stop?

When I quit caffeine it takes 5 days. And I have zero benefit from said caffeine. Even if I’ve not had it in a year. Crazy how our bodies react to this stimulant isn’t it?

Yeah, no kidding! I wish I experienced caffeine like others do (being awake, jittery possibly, etc.) I can drink coffee right before bed and still just fall asleep. Does absolutely nothing for me. :'(

Omg. Same. I drink energy drinks because I like the taste🙈 But I do actually feel better staying away from caffeine altogether.
    Once I bought some of the Woke AF preworkout. It was a variety pack. There was one kind that in that pack that I got a reaction from. It made me feel drooly. Like a weird overproduction of saliva. So weird 😂 Both times I tried it. So….I guess that’s not helpful.

Nos is my favorite energy drink, lol. 🙈 Definitely not calorie friendly.
    I did manage to find some Fresca I had stored away (and I think it's caffeine free?). It seems to be helping with the soda-y, bubbly feeling I miss from diet sodas.

So I guess I'm on day 6 now, day 7 will be tomorrow since that was the last time I had a diet Mt. Dew (last Monday). Just gotta keep reminding myself that I am saving money and probably saving my teeth. Silver linings and all that jazz.

I’ll bet it has to be done soon!
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Besides Delta Airlines... my left knee. I did something to it yesterday when I was painting (probably all the up and down on the ladder). At the end of the day - and still this morning - it felt/feels tight and painful when fully extended. 😕
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Besides Delta Airlines... my left knee. I did something to it yesterday when I was painting (probably all the up and down on the ladder). At the end of the day - and still this morning - it felt/feels tight and painful when fully extended. 😕

That sucks. Hopefully you get a chance to elevate & ice it when you get where you’re going
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2023
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    That sucks. Hopefully you get a chance to elevate & ice it when you get where you’re going
    Oh I don't fly until Wednesday. I'm p*ssed at Delta because "due to circumstances beyond their control," they've moved me from my first class aisle seat to a bulkhead. The rep I talked to said she couldn't tell - the move could be for an air marshal or someone with a comfort animal. STILL - it has been my seat for 10 days - and why do I have to be the one to move? (Poor me rant over now)

So I have today - while things are being demo'd at my house - to elevate and ice.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I’ve asked questions to several people at work and people seem to be allergic to giving me a straight/simple answer
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,595 Member
    Options
    I can’t even………… 😑
  • DarkAngelSecrets
    Options
    I’ve asked questions to several people at work and people seem to be allergic to giving me a straight/simple answer

Amen to that! Also, my husband can't find his birth certificate. We've only lived together 4 years so that's 44 he could have misplaced it, yet because I'm the organized one of the bunch I MUST have lost it :D
  • Notmyachillesheelg
    Options
    My Achilles is flaring, pisses me off. Also the idiot who cut me off this morning, look over your shoulder before changing lanes, driving 101 ah!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

At my place it goes instantly to blame-avoidance:
    "Can you tell me the process involved with this?"
    "I didn't do it."
    "Okay, but I need to know what the process is."
    "Yeah, definitely not me."
    "The normal process. Can you tell me what it is?"
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    being the hard worker so another gets promoted because "you are too good to not be one of the 'workers'"
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,426 Member
    Options
    being the hard worker so another gets promoted because "you are too good to not be one of the 'workers'"

That is more than irksome!! I guess that’s your cue to do less work.
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »

That is more than irksome!! I guess that’s your cue to do less work.

eh, the paycheck is still really good - i want to keep earning that
  • Mewpasaurus
    Mewpasaurus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am currently annoyed that something clearly happened to my left arm to make it hurt painfully when moving/bending it in specific directions, but I couldn't tell you what! It feels almost like I strained something, but I, for the life of me, have no idea what!

Silver lining is that so far, no headache/migraine today. I still want Diet Mt. Dew, but it's not as bad as it was the last two days. I just gotta tell myself that I got this. I can dooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiit.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Trying to find accurate information about local hiking trails.

Is the entrance to the park or trail head clearly marked?

Am I in danger of accidentally trespassing on private property?

Is hunting allowed there?

How likely am I to get shot?

Is there parking readily available?

Is the trail well blazed?

Are there toilets?

Is it accessible and safe in winter?

Will my cell phone work there?

Is it an out and back or is it a loop?

These seem like basic questions and yet the answers are hard to find. I have downloaded several apps and gone to several websites and ugh
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Trying to find accurate information about local hiking trails.

Is the entrance to the park or trail head clearly marked?

Am I in danger of accidentally trespassing on private property?

Is hunting allowed there?

How likely am I to get shot?

Is there parking readily available?

Is the trail well blazed?

Are there toilets?

Is it accessible and safe in winter?

Will my cell phone work there?

Is it an out and back or is it a loop?

These seem like basic questions and yet the answers are hard to find. I have downloaded several apps and gone to several websites and ugh

This is a good reason to have a hiking buddy...ive ended up in some scary spots.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Mfp profile settings
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Getting woken up rudely (not once, but twice)from a pretty amazing nap. What kind of person wakes up another to ask if they can eat candy or get their TV changed to watch monster trucks?

Oh. That would be my kids 🤨😂