What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,836 Member
    Options
    People that are always trying to "one up" you over the lack of sleep you got last night.

Here's your medal 🥇
    I slept 8 miles in the snow uphill both ways
    Now who's being a dad? 😂
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    People that are always trying to "one up" you over the lack of sleep you got last night.

Here's your medal 🥇

Hi grandpa! ❤️
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »

Here's your medal 🥇
    Now who's being a dad? 😂

I got a million of em
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Here's your medal 🥇

Hi grandpa! ❤️

Hello there peanut!
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

Here's your medal 🥇

Hi grandpa! ❤️

Hello there peanut!

How did you know?? 🤣
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Here's your medal 🥇

You should test to see if they are a universal one upper by mentioning how much sleep you got the night prior - like - man that 7 hrs last night was awesome. I feel great ! — see if they respond with - bet it wasn’t as good as my 8.5

I’m curious if they want to one up positive things as well as negative things - or just want to be most miserable or what -

You have to do this and report back I’m intrigued
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited March 2023
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Here's your medal 🥇

You should test to see if they are a universal one upper by mentioning how much sleep you got the night prior - like - man that 7 hrs last night was awesome. I feel great ! — see if they respond with - bet it wasn’t as good as my 8.5

I’m curious if they want to one up positive things as well as negative things - or just want to be most miserable or what -

I’m curious about this as well. My suspicion is that people’s general negativity and love of complaining will outweigh their one upmanship.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Here's your medal 🥇

I’m curious about this as well. My suspicion is that peoples general negativity and love of complaining will outweigh their one upmanship.

That is my assumption as well -

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    Being so far away
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Fake ladybugs infiltrating my sunroom 😤
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I hate them because they make me feel guilty for killing them. Also boxelder bugs when they begin to fly are the worst
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I hate them because they make me feel guilty for killing them. Also boxelder bugs when they begin to fly are the worst
    Yes, those are bad too. And for some reason this year, I'm also seeing stink bugs (which auto corrected to drunk bugs - and I actually would rather see that)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Watching my daughter grow up and just not make good decisions- breaks my *kitten* heart

I’m sorry sweetheart. They do seem to have minds of their own. I hope she comes around soon
  • RightInTheFiveHole
    RightInTheFiveHole Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Why, when I am in the self checkout at a store, does the next person feel they need to be all up in my business? Like, excuse me- I need at least a 4 ft bubble, you standing directly next to me isn't going to make me go any faster.

That is my current irk of the moment.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Why, when I am in the self checkout at a store, does the next person feel they need to be all up in my business? Like, excuse me- I need at least a 4 ft bubble, you standing directly next to me isn't going to make me go any faster.

That is my current irk of the moment.

Right? If we can smell each other’s stink we better be on a first name basis
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,574 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all, I’m happy as a pig in s***.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,216 Member
    Options
    Watching my daughter grow up and just not make good decisions- breaks my *kitten* heart

Oh no. Hope you can help her get on the right path.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I just had to tell someone that because they don’t live in our county they are not entitled to our county’s resources and they should contact the agency in their own county and then I looked up the number and gave it to them and I was very sweet and polite and they told me I was supremely unhelpful and that hurt my feelings because I did everything I could for this person within the parameters of what I am allowed to do. I’m sorry but you don’t pay taxes here *kitten*
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    I said *kitten* in front of my youngest today🙈
    I place the blame on bad drivers