What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    @Tigg_er
    There were millions of birds slaughtered over the world due to Avian Flu in 2022. Many of them did not need to be and were not sick but agency's all over were telling producers to destroy their birds. Our food supply is under attack right now in my opinion.

So between you and @TwitchyMagee you are corralling all them chickens ? 🤣🤣
    Thanks for the info though, I do remember reading about that, not only eggs but chicken wings are getting as expensive as porterhouse steaks 😞

By the way how many chickens does it take to get them 12 eggs ? About 6-8 ?

We have 12 laying hens, they produce 8-12 per day so I give them at no charge to friends and co-workers who need them. My fridge fills up quickly, but they sure are good and our girls are very healthy too. If you were near, I'd share with you!
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    @Tigg_er
    There were millions of birds slaughtered over the world due to Avian Flu in 2022. Many of them did not need to be and were not sick but agency's all over were telling producers to destroy their birds. Our food supply is under attack right now in my opinion.

So between you and @TwitchyMagee you are corralling all them chickens ? 🤣🤣
    Thanks for the info though, I do remember reading about that, not only eggs but chicken wings are getting as expensive as porterhouse steaks 😞

By the way how many chickens does it take to get them 12 eggs ? About 6-8 ?
    It depends on the hen breed, Hours of sunlight, and how old they are. Generally a bird will not lay more than one egg in a 24 hour period but not all birds will lay that often especially in the winter months and especially if they are older than three years
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    Basketball tournaments
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,822 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Basketball tournaments
    Ha! Does your team keep winning?

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Came home after work in the non stop rain to find someone in my parking spot. The same person who parks in it off and on. I was so pissed that I grabbed a bunch of paper and wallpapered his windows and then got the landlord (someone also left a bunch of keys in the parking lot gate so had to give those to her). She knew who it was and got him so I could tell him off.

I'm not going back out there to move my car to its spot until the rain hopefully lets up (no one parks in the spot next to mine so it's good).
  • MelG7777
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Basketball tournaments
    Ha! Does your team keep winning?
    Well…my daughter is a cheerleader. A very young cheerleader. Lol. The 8th grade boys are very good though and almost always win.

I shouldn’t be like this but it’s been 14 years of SO many games and tournaments. So many. If I were watching my own kids I’d be more invested. And it’s always cold in here.

Ok. I’m done. Thank you for helping me pass some time during OT.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    People who tell me how terrible my weather is. I have the app so you can be quiet now

I wish you nothing but good weather
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    People who tell me how terrible my weather is. I have the app so you can be quiet now

I wish you nothing but good weather

You’re good people
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    Bring made to get up earlier than I wanted to
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Glasses. The boy somehow snapped an arm off his which I repaired with crazy glue and he keeps breaking them. And now I have damaged the lens trying to get it out of the frames to pop it into another set. Of course I'm doing my zoom class which now means my hour lunch time will be spent running to the glasses place to get new ones.
  • Mewpasaurus
    Mewpasaurus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Still dealing with caffeine related migraines, I think. I haven't had any soda since Monday, and while I still drink coffee (1 or 2 cups a day most days) this migraine will not knock off. It's making getting things done pretty... difficult. Also, I can't concentrate on anything and I still want a Diet Mt. Dew! When will this stop?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Old lady eyes. Specifically mine.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Old lady eyes. Specifically mine.

You do not have old lady eyes

Relatedly, I took passport photos yesterday and I look like I need a vacation
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Still dealing with caffeine related migraines, I think. I haven't had any soda since Monday, and while I still drink coffee (1 or 2 cups a day most days) this migraine will not knock off. It's making getting things done pretty... difficult. Also, I can't concentrate on anything and I still want a Diet Mt. Dew! When will this stop?

When I quit caffeine it takes 5 days. And I have zero benefit from said caffeine. Even if I’ve not had it in a year. Crazy how our bodies react to this stimulant isn’t it?
  • Mewpasaurus
    Options

When I quit caffeine it takes 5 days. And I have zero benefit from said caffeine. Even if I’ve not had it in a year. Crazy how our bodies react to this stimulant isn’t it?

Yeah, no kidding! I wish I experienced caffeine like others do (being awake, jittery possibly, etc.) I can drink coffee right before bed and still just fall asleep. Does absolutely nothing for me. :'(
  • MelG7777
    Options

Yeah, no kidding! I wish I experienced caffeine like others do (being awake, jittery possibly, etc.) I can drink coffee right before bed and still just fall asleep. Does absolutely nothing for me. :'(

Omg. Same. I drink energy drinks because I like the taste🙈 But I do actually feel better staying away from caffeine altogether.
    Once I bought some of the Woke AF preworkout. It was a variety pack. There was one kind that in that pack that I got a reaction from. It made me feel drooly. Like a weird overproduction of saliva. So weird 😂 Both times I tried it. So….I guess that’s not helpful.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

My husband is like this. Meanwhile I have a caffeinated coffee by mistake and my hands start shaking. Funny how some people are so sensitive. Hope your migraine subsided
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,564 Member
    Options
    bddz3lnqoueo.jpeg
  • Mewpasaurus
    Options

Omg. Same. I drink energy drinks because I like the taste🙈 But I do actually feel better staying away from caffeine altogether.
    Once I bought some of the Woke AF preworkout. It was a variety pack. There was one kind that in that pack that I got a reaction from. It made me feel drooly. Like a weird overproduction of saliva. So weird 😂 Both times I tried it. So….I guess that’s not helpful.

Nos is my favorite energy drink, lol. 🙈 Definitely not calorie friendly.
    I did manage to find some Fresca I had stored away (and I think it's caffeine free?). It seems to be helping with the soda-y, bubbly feeling I miss from diet sodas.

So I guess I'm on day 6 now, day 7 will be tomorrow since that was the last time I had a diet Mt. Dew (last Monday). Just gotta keep reminding myself that I am saving money and probably saving my teeth. Silver linings and all that jazz.