For Ladies Who are 5'7

Options
What is your weight goal? and what type of body structure do you have. I am 5'7 and for right now my goal is 140 lbs because I have friends who are shorter and weight 120-135 and I cant imagine myself at that weight. I really dont want to lose my butt or boobs either. I want to be healthy not skinny, I love my curves and want to keep them! So how about you?

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started out at around 165lbs and now I am at 125lbs. It was a rocky and long road, and in my profile you can see some pictures of how my body looks now. If you want, we can be friends here:)
  • bflicker11
    Options
    Darn Black Swan!!! You look amazing. My goal is 145 but I may change it now. I have a small waist and wide WIDE hips and usually am pretty content around 150.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm very heavy atm (need to lose 100+). I'm medium framed.
    I was 168 lbs when in high school and I had a little bit of a weight problem.
    (big thighs and a bit of a belly)
    My goal weight is 145-150, anything lower seems too small.
    But... we'll see when I get there.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'7 and started at about 146. I was always tall and thin, and small framed. No boobs or curves... :( just the way I am built. My goal was 130 because that is where I was when i got married 7 years ago, before I had kids and I was healthy. I have since lost a bit more than that but im in maintenance mode now.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i'm somewhere between 5'7 and 5'8.5 (depending on who measures... lol).

My "goal" weight is about 130. I don't wanna go much lower than that because it's SO hard to maintain. I was very happy with my weight at 135.

I never really considered myself "fat" at any point in my life, and my highest weight was 160. I just had a very terrible diet, and I wanted to eat better (not nessiarly lose weight) because I had a lot of digestive problems...

I have 145- 130 before and after pictures in my signature! I hope this helps :D !
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't know what my end goal is. I guess it is to lose 30lbs and get to where I was back in my car show days and rethink it at that point. Funny that I thought I was overweight then when I would give anything to have that body again! lol!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It is hard to imagine yourself looking differently than ever before, I agree! Just set yourself some basic goals, and then of course you can adjust it when you adjust to new lifestyle - its not like you choose one time and its set forever;)
    And thank you bflicker!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    i'm somewhere between 5'7 and 5'8.5 (depending on who measures... lol).

My "goal" weight is about 130. I don't wanna go much lower than that because it's SO hard to maintain. I was very happy with my weight at 135.

I never really considered myself "fat" at any point in my life, and my highest weight was 160. I just had a very terrible diet, and I wanted to eat better (not nessiarly lose weight) because I had a lot of digestive problems...

I have 145- 130 before and after pictures in my signature! I hope this helps :D !

Okay you look AMAZING! at 145 and 130 dang girl If I look that good at 140 ill be sitting pretty there :-) Guess I will just have to wait and see what my body does :-) Thanks all you ladies for the input!!
  • AlyBelden
    Options
    I'm an inch taller than you and my goal is 145.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on what type of structure you want. I am exactly 5'6.5 so I say 5'7 as I'm unsure as how that 1/2 inch matters (I suppose if I had to walk under a beam I'd care) My signature says most of it I think. When I was in high school I was between 135lb and 145lb. I was in OK health, I didn't think I was and certainly always wished I was thinner. I was wearing a size 8-10 depending. I barely ate and that's as low as I was able to get. I am of medium build. At 33 I was a fitness freak, I played canoe polo twice a week, whitewater paddled at least twice a week, and biked all the time. I carried a lot of muscle and was very lean, I was around 155lb last I had checked and was in great health. I wore a size 8 which is weird given that I weighed more than at 18. I think you have to trash the idea of a "perfect" number. If you don't want to be active all of the time and build a lot of muscle you want to look at weighing around 130-135, if you're carrying a lot of muscle and are very active you will likely be perfectly happy between 145 and 155 lb - Frankly I'm shooting for 160, but as fit and musclular as I once was. Cheers and good luck.
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My goal is between 125-135. According to the charts used to determine frame size I'm made with all spare parts . So my goal is nothing but a guess. When I weighed 145 (my smallest) I feel I could have lost still.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm at 138lbs. with boobs and hips and I would like to get to 130lbs. My profile picture is recent and my current weight.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I'm barely 5'8" and my goal is around 140-150. However, I have kind of a large frame so I may not go as low as 140 just to keep myself from looking too skinny. :)
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My goal is about 150-- My ticker shows ME at 150-160ish... I am 190 now.
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great question! I'm 5'7" too, but I think there are a lot of factors like age and build to consider that a lot of standard weight charts don't. Do you have access to a Bod Pod or other professional analysis to find out what you're made of and get a professional recommendation?

I know I personally have a bigger build. When I was 18, I weighed 135 and was a size 8 and that was the skinniest I'll EVER be. 35 years old now, having had 3 children within the past 6 years, I now weigh 186, size 14. Definitely overweight! But like you, I don't know what I should be shooting for? Some charts will say I need to lose 50 lbs... the other end of the scale says 30 lbs.

So personally, I'm aiming for what I would be/feel comfortable with. At my height, my frame, my age, and keeping it realistic (as a mother of three YOUNG children), I think if I shoot for about 155 pounds, a size 10, I would look GREAT! So that's my goal.... If you can't get a professional, personalized opinion from a trained professional, I would suggest you aim for the same. But not just weight, what "size" clothing do you think you'd feel/look good in?
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and was never over weight til I hit about 21-22yrs old. All through high school I was between 140-145. All the things I've read said my ideal weight should be between 140-150. I am a girl that was also born with curves. Even at 145 I had a big butt and boobs. So right now my personal goal is just that some where between 140-150. I have the same goal as you, I want to be healthy and well rounded, I don't want to be "skinny". I just want to be a healthy normal size. When I was 145lbs I was still wearing a size 7-9 because of my butt. :-)

Good luck with your weight loss.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and was never over weight til I hit about 21-22yrs old. All through high school I was between 140-145. All the things I've read said my ideal weight should be between 140-150. I am a girl that was also born with curves. Even at 145 I had a big butt and boobs. So right now my personal goal is just that some where between 140-150. I have the same goal as you, I want to be healthy and well rounded, I don't want to be "skinny". I just want to be a healthy normal size. When I was 145lbs I was still wearing a size 7-9 because of my butt. :-)

Good luck with your weight loss.

Thanks so much for the response! I absoultly relate to you. Even when I lost the weigh the first time ( I went from 210-160) I only lost one pants size :-( the smalles pants Ive been able to wear so far is a 7 and that was in highschool when I weighed about 140-150 though even then I felt I was slightly over weight.. guess we shall see where this journey takes me
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm 5'7" and I started off at 165 lb. My profile pic shows me back in January before I started MFP, I haven't taken any recent pics, but I'm now down to 148 and trying to bust past this 3-4 week plateau I've been in. My goal is 140 lbs and I have a medium frame. I think the most frustrating part is that I'm a pear shape so my hips/thighs are still a size 10, but my boobs/waist are a 4-6. Add me if you want, love to have other 5'7ers
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am 5’7” and pear shaped. I started MFP at 175 pounds and a size 14 (US). I am currently 147 pounds and a size 8 or 10, depending which clothing designer you ask. My goal weight is 145, however I am not sure how happy I will be 2 pounds from now. I am going to stop losing weight at 145 for a while and work on toning up through strength training (I started a pilates class last month), then I will reevaluate what my ultimate goal is or if I am happy at 145 once my core is not so soft!

Anyone feel free to add me as a friend- I love having friends who are a similar height with similar goals!
  • snyakowa
    snyakowa Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm at 137 now but want to be at 120 pounds now, I dont think i look fat but i just want to lose some inches on my arms and a little off my stomach, and thighs then i'll be happy.