Gained 2 lbs in 2 days???

Options
It is a very sad morning :( I weighed myself this morning and was shocked to see that I had gained 2 pounds since I last weighed myself 2 days ago. I've been a little sick, so I haven't even been eating a lot, and I have no idea what could have caused a gain. Does anyone know what could be going on? If I keep gaining that quickly I'll destroy all of my progress in no time..

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    It may not truly be a gain, there could be other factors involved. Wait it out a couple of days and weigh again.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    your body is probably storing water and whatever little food you are eating.. because you aren't eating much.
  • darsh11
    Options
    Drink lots of water. If you have been taking any kind of medicine it can cause water retention.
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Fluid retention, you couldn't gain two pounds that fast unless you took in 7000 more calories than you burned.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Have you eaten a defecit of 7,000 cals in the last 2 days?

Thought not! don't worry, it's not fat, probably water weight if you are not feeling well.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

This. Or water weight.
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree eat more, if you were sick and you didn't eat as much then your body shut down and tried to store fat. So just wait a couple of days and see what is going on. Don't fret over it, especially if you were sick. Just don't stop and you will be fine!!!!!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am sick too and my scale went up. I am trying not to be concerned about it. My body is storing what it needs to make itself healthy...It will come back off. Right now I am just trying to heal. Eat what you can so your body doesn't think it's starving!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's not that big of deal.. it's just water weight. In order to gain two pounds in two days, you would have had to have eaten 7,000 extra calories..and since your sick, I doubt that happened.

Drink more water and rest up.. you'll be back to normal in no time.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating at least 1200 calories a day and drinking plenty of water. Don't stress about this gain, it's probably water, waste, or your body has gone into starvation mode and is holding on to things. It's normal to see fluctuations in your weight. As someone else said, wait a couple of days and weigh again.
  • Swedeloka
    Options
    The body can fluctuate in weight about 2lbs so make sure to weigh yourself at about the same time of the day to get more exact numbers. No worries.
  • brightanna
    Options
    TOM?
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Weigh in less often, and you'll never have to worry about how much you gain in two days.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

THIS , 1200 is the minum for a small sedentry woman ,please get some proffesional help your not doing your body any good eating so little. Not trying to be mean just worried for your health>>
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Combination of water weight and natural fluctuations. Your weight is actually a range and not a specific number, it can vary by about 5 pounds up and down depending on various factors, including time of day, day of week, how much food or water may be in your stomach, etc.

In order to gain 2 pounds of fat you need to eat 7000 calories over your maintenance level. If you aren't eating much, I doubt you ate 9000 calories in 2 days.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Water. It takes 7,000 calories to gain 2 lbs on top of your metabolic rate. I doubt you gained that much. It's probably water. Drink a bunch of water and weigh yourself in a few hours. Also use a measuring tape to chart progress. I've often gained a little weight only to find my waist is smaller. Water is in constant flux in our bodies so it will always makee the scale go up or down within hours even.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If it's 2 lbs in 2 days it's probably water weight.

That being said, I looked at your dairy for the last month and you're pretty much starving yourself. You need to start eating more or it will backfire and you will start gaining.
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    I think you may need to eat more - you seem to eat <1000 calories much of the time. Are you exercising? If so, this puts you at even more of a deficit. It seems like a lot of people do better when they eat their recommended allowance PLUS their exercise calories.
  • cwoods80
    cwoods80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I got sick around Memorial Day and gained 2.8 lbs in a week. My weight watchers leader said if you are taking any meds (nyquil, anti-histamines, etc) it can mess with your weightloss. However, after I went off the meds the next week I lost 4.8 lbs. So give yourself some time :)