Replies

• spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Can’t seem to get out of my own way 💤😴🥱
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Lint. Being a wearer of black clothing it can really be crucial to them.

... or cat hair. Also being a black clothing wearer. Cat hair.. EVERYWHERE.

But have you ever tried vacuuming long dog hair out of a car? :( Every single little individual hair embeds itself into the seat fibers and clings on as hard as it can, its head just barely poking out as if to taunt you and the vacuum. Then you keep swiping the vacuum over and over repeatedly, and the hair just laughs at your efforts. Until you get so frustrated, screaming at yourself that you'll never ever allow the dogs to see the inside of your car again....ever. And I even use blankets to cover the seats.

Then I go in and drink coffee to settle my nerves. :)

I love you. I thought I was the only one this happened to.

I always seem to have one light coloured dog and one dark dog, so I'm always wearing visible dog hair. I choose clothing now based on the fabric. "Sure the pants are hideous but look, dog hair doesn't stick to them!"
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Salsa in my fridge i shouldn't eat

I think salsa is less of a problem than say.. a bunch of ice cream in your freezer you shouldn't eat.. or that giant family size pack of Oreos in your pantry you most DEFINITELY shouldn't eat.

Salsa is delicious. :yum:
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member

I think salsa is less of a problem than say.. a bunch of ice cream in your freezer you shouldn't eat.. or that giant family size pack of Oreos in your pantry you most DEFINITELY shouldn't eat.

You been spying on me?

Exactly what I have. 😆
  • KosmosKitten
    lx1x wrote: »

You been spying on me?

Exactly what I have. 😆

More based on personal experiences and reasons I don't bring those things in my home anymore!

Great minds think alike and all that. :wink:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member

I wish I liked salsa but even the mildest has too much of a kick for me to handle.

Now those 4 packages of s'moreos I was just reminded I still have to get through...

:)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    Stuff, nothing important just irksome.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Grrr....had a whole irk-filled post written but never mind the details. :( Insensitive people irk me. Insensitive to others and to animals. :(
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Oboy, I'm feeling irked today I guess.
    Trying to eat with someone who continuously sniffles and snuffles instead of going to blow their nose. :( People who are totally unaware of how what they're doing might be affecting others.

I definitely need to develop my ignore feature more.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    It irks me that I’ve been here 1175 days and no haters. Do I need to sign up somewhere? 😤

I know I got this charming, angelic, downright adorable thing going on... but does that mean I’m not worthy? 😭
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,248 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    It irks me that I’ve been here 1175 days and no haters. Do I need to sign up somewhere? 😤

I know I got this charming, angelic, downright adorable thing going on... but does that mean I’m not worthy? 😭

Ya gotta step up your game! LOL!

• PaperDoll_

I’m already sarcastic and mean. I dunno where else to go. 🤔 😂
  • PaperDoll_
    lx1x wrote: »

Umm. Post selfie.. hello

😆

True but no thanks 😂 Those are just for my special friends 😏😂
  • PaperDoll_

Try honest personal opinions about something, that are clearly stated as a personal opinion. Or a fact about how life for you, a disabled person, can be difficult.
    Or even the concept that someone who is medically required to limit (or eat a lot of) a particular macro or mineral needs to “pay attention to” that particular thing when choosing what to consume.

That should bring them to your doorstep.

That’s awful. 😞 I prefer kidding and joking around with people. I don’t think I could handle actual nasty people. I’m sorry if you’ve dealt with that on here. ❤️
  • MargaretYakoda
    edited August 2021

Try honest personal opinions about something, that are clearly stated as a personal opinion. Or a fact about how life for you, a disabled person, can be difficult.
    Or even the concept that someone who is medically required to limit (or eat a lot of) a particular macro or mineral needs to “pay attention to” that particular thing when choosing what to consume.

That’s awful. 😞 I prefer kidding and joking around with people. I don’t think I could handle actual nasty people. I’m sorry if you’ve dealt with that on here. ❤️

I seem to have ticked off many of the long term forum members with such basic statements as “Please don’t randomly ask people what their disability is. They will tell you if they want to. Otherwise it is none of your business.”

OMG. The HOW COULD I BE SO AWFUL!!
    🤣

I have upwards of 300 disagrees and I’ve been here less than two months.
    By next week I’m sure I’ll have 400 disagree reacts.
  • MargaretYakoda
    edited August 2021

I seem to have ticked off many of the long term forum members with such basic statements as “Please don’t randomly ask people what their disability is. They will tell you if they want to. Otherwise it is none of your business.”

🤣

I find this astonishing given my post count, how long I've been here and the fact that I have 100 LESS disagrees than you.

For what it's worth, I have found nothing wrong or disagreeable about the experiences you've shared so far. The Debate forum though.. it's the wild west of disagrees, lol.

Thanks for saying this.

Ya. It’s bizarre to me also.

I don’t want to go against MFP rules with specifics of other forum posts or participants, but ya.

I was on SparkPeople for years. Off and on, sure. But I happily and easily participated in the forums there. Supported people on their journey. Corrected nutritional and diet misinformation. Had fun “walking to Rivendell” and such…. Never once did I experience what I have here. Mostly all in the last few weeks. And always from people who have been here a very long time, and are extremely active on the forums.

Not that everyone on the forums is like that. Most are cool. But that little handful are a trip. Definitely.

Now watch this comment get a dislike or three. 😂
  • KosmosKitten

🤣

I find this astonishing given my post count, how long I've been here and the fact that I have 100 LESS disagrees than you.

For what it's worth, I have found nothing wrong or disagreeable about the experiences you've shared so far. The Debate forum though.. it's the wild west of disagrees, lol.

Thanks for saying this.

Ya. It’s bizarre to me also.

I don’t want to go against MFP rules with specifics of other forum posts or participants, but ya.

I was on SparkPeople for years. Off and on, sure. But I happily and easily participated in the forums there. Supported people on their journey. Corrected nutritional and diet misinformation. Had fun “walking to Rivendell” and such…. Never once did I experience what I have here. Mostly all in the last few weeks. And always from people who have been here a very long time, and are extremely active on the forums.

Not that everyone on the forums is like that. Most are cool. But that little handful are a trip. Definitely.

Now watch this comment get a dislike or three. 😂

Kinda sad to hear SparkPeople decided to close up in a similar way to CalorieCount (the site I was on before I migrated here). Their forum was pretty awesome and full of fun loving people who did a lot of the same kinds of activities and were pretty amiable about correcting misinformation. Some of them migrated here, but most... who knows?