Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goal, 16-20 AF days for the month, diary style

Sunday Aug 01 - Drinks, planned drinks day - 2 1/2 drinks. Thursday is my next planned drinks day.
    Monday Aug 02 - AF
    Tuesday Aug 03 - AF
    Wednesday Aug 04 - AF - Planned drinks tomorrow night after work
    Thursday Aug 05 - 2 drinks
    Friday Aug 06 - 2 drinks
    Saturday Aug 07 - Drinks - I had planned to be AF, and then my schedule got changed and I am off tomorrow, so going to have a couple tonight.
    Sunday Aug 08 - AF - I get off at 3 on Wednesday and don't go back to work until 5pm on Saturday. Planning drinks for a couple of those days. Haven't even had Mojitos yet this year and the Mint is so perfect right now. That will be on the agenda for sure.

Rolling total: 4AF days out of 8 days
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @MissMay tracking is what got me here. It was only as I worked to keep an honest MFP diary that the trends in my daily drinking emerged. I found myself trying to eat less or even skip meals so I could have more alcohol and still stay within my calorie goal. Weekends are especially tough as my DH and I typically go hiking and then hit one of the many breweries on the way back home (no exaggeration, we have dozens and dozens of breweries in Colorado) to relax and celebrate our physical efforts. Sipped some sparkling water and made it through, and remarkably, don't need to take my Sunday afternoon nap!

Just curious, do some Colorado breweries now also serve AF beer on tap? I am not a beer drinker but have found that taste-wise, AF beer seems to taste like the real thing and the consistency to me seems the same too.
  • spygirl2014
    spygirl2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @MissMay tracking is what got me here. It was only as I worked to keep an honest MFP diary that the trends in my daily drinking emerged. I found myself trying to eat less or even skip meals so I could have more alcohol and still stay within my calorie goal. Weekends are especially tough as my DH and I typically go hiking and then hit one of the many breweries on the way back home (no exaggeration, we have dozens and dozens of breweries in Colorado) to relax and celebrate our physical efforts. Sipped some sparkling water and made it through, and remarkably, don't need to take my Sunday afternoon nap!

Just curious, do some Colorado breweries now also serve AF beer on tap? I am not a beer drinker but have found that taste-wise, AF beer seems to taste like the real thing and the consistency to me seems the same too.

I do not see a lot of AF beer at the breweries, though most of the large domestic breweries produce them. If I do drink beer, I enjoy a very hoppy craft beer, which usually means high ABV, and you just can't fake that. My drink of choice though is wine, and I've never had 'lite' or AF wine that I liked.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Aug Week 1 AF
    Aug 8: AF
  • GiveHerGrace
    GiveHerGrace Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    August goal is at least 2 AF days for every 1 drinking day (So 21 AF and 10 drinks days max). On the drinks days I plan to have no more than 2.

Week 1
    8/1 - 8/7 5 AF, 2 drinks

Week 2
    8/8 AF
    8/9 2 Michelob Ultra
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about what happened, @missmay! Glad he's ok, but you need a few days of just relaxing...hope you can soon..maybe we could have a relaxing afternoon together soon too!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    What a harrowing day, @MissMay. I hope you both recover some calm.