Women 200lb+, Let's Be Unafraid This August!!!

Options

Replies

• jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    @JNettie73 way to go on your streak! My fitbit wants me to walk 10k steps per day. I make it some days, but not consistently. My sister and I walk on lunch 2 or 3 days a week.

@JuneyCleaves your dog is SO cute!

My son just started going back to the office 2 days a week after working from home for a year and 4 months. My daughter’s college is supposed to be back in person this semester. Now Friday my work said we have to wear masks again all day. I just can’t wait for things to get back to normal. Stay safe everyone!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @JNettie73 You know what a squat is, yeah? Feet hip-width apart, back kept straight, bend your knees to lower your hips until your thighs are parallel with the ground, then push through your heels back into a standing position. A regular split squat is that, but on just one leg, with the other one extended behind you, toes on the floor for balance. Kind of like a curtsy lunge/reverse lunge, but all your weight stays on your front foot, the front leg is doing all the work. Bulgarian split squats are split squats, but your rear foot is elevated, up on a bench or chair. It's a good way to make squats more challenging, and they will absolutely obliterate your quads.

@JuneyCleaves good luck with the foster! he looks like a very good boy!

Today I had grand plans to go explore another portion of a municipal park with nature trails in the next town over, but as soon as I turned westward I was greeted with a black sky and a sudden downpour. So, back east to what has become my favorite natural area it was. The storm was being blown inland, so as long as it wasn't raining when I turned onto the road where the natural area was I felt confident I could take my walk there, and indeed I could - there was thunder but the skies held back for an hour while I walked around. I saw TWO gopher tortoises having some lunch :) Plan B was going to be a 30-minute circuit at PF, which I didn't really want to do because apparently all 5 of the signs hung around the 30-Minute Circuit area are written in a language that I and only I can perceive and understand, seeing as I'm the only person I've ever seen use the area as instructed at half a dozen PF locations...
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @JuneyCleaves looks yummy can you share the recipe please.

also love your dog <3 so sweet

Needed that today :D

Vicky
  • JuneyCleaves
    JuneyCleaves Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @JuneyCleaves looks yummy can you share the recipe please.

also love your dog <3 so sweet

Needed that today :D

Vicky

Thanks, Vicky ❤
    He sure is a good boy!
    So hard to believe that someone abandoned him and that he was close to being euthanized because his number was up.

Here's the link for the bars:
    https://www.loveandlemons.com/granola-bars-recipe/

I altered it a bit:
    I used 2tbsp cacao powder instead of chocolate chips.
    I chopped 1/3c ea almonds and pumpkin seeds in the food processor and added those.

These are delicious but I find they are really sweet. I think next time I make them I'll add more nuts/seeds and cut the amount of honey down a bit.

Hope you enjoy them if you make them!
  • Snapy15
    Snapy15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Sarah, I'm on my second month of making life changes after a big scare with my boyfriend's health. I've always been overweight and always had an ED. So this time, I'm trying to do this the healthy way, slow permanent changes, no privation and plenty of exercise.

SW on July 1st: 268Lbs
    SW on August 1st: 257.8Lbs
    GW for August 31st: 250Lbs
    GW: 140Lbs

Goals this months, be consistent in my workouts, switch out the electric bike for a regular bike for morning commute at least 2 times a week.

I weight in most days, but will only update on sundays.

August 1st - 257.8
    August 7th - 263

There was a lot of fluctuations this week, due to starting my period, and less exercise due to heat and exhaustion.
    However, this is a new week, I have more energy and will get back on the right track.

BUT there was a lot of non-scale victories this week. I sleep a lot better, snack way less, and my favorite clothes are getting looser.
  • Snapy15
    Options
    Height 5'3"
    SW 250
    CW 250
    GW for Aug 240
    UGW 140

8/1: 250
    8/8: 249
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/31:
    Total month loss: 1 pound

I'm glad to see a one pound loss but the truth is I could be doing so much better! After discovering that my husband is more supportive and cares more than I realized, I have extra motivation to do better. One day at a time!

Don't forget you are also getting stronger and you are also replacing fat by muscles which weights a little more. Don't focus only on the scale, take some mesurements, takes some pictures you will start to see the changes soon enough too.
  • sokaina
    sokaina Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention I count calories. I’m doing between 1000-1200 a day calorie intake. With exercise that leaves plenty. What am I doing wrong
  • Snapy15
    Options
    sokaina wrote: »
    I forgot to mention I count calories. I’m doing between 1000-1200 a day calorie intake. With exercise that leaves plenty. What am I doing wrong

I think you might be eating too few calories and putting your body in starvation mode. I would suggest re calcultating your Basal metabolic rate