Sigh... who knew there were this many calories in vitamins?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin D3 _ 2000 iu and One Daily Iron Free vitamins by MegaFood
    They are not cheap, but I much prefer them to others on the market - they are all plant based
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,447 Member
    Options
    I realized last month, when planning to reorder, my magnesium citrate capsules had a fair number of calories. ( I take them in quantity, at doctor’s advice, for severe muscle cramps.)

So this time I simply ordered a tablet, well rated, with no calories. Crossing fingers

I felt kinda dumb not even thinking about vitamins having calories.

At one point, I was taking so many vitamins (recommended by doctor) that it felt like they were breakfast. I see several of my friends doing the same. I backed off. It was just too too many.

I would not, however, give up my B12 sublingual (melts under the tongue). They were impossible to get during COVID, because apparently B12 was a “thing”, and shelves were bare. I could tell a difference, both when I ran out, and when I was finally able to replace them with another, ineffective brand. I showered the manufacturer with emails, and they notified me personally when new stock was coming in. I tried self injecting B12 for a while, but it all landed on the bath mat.