Landmine Exercises - Who knew?!

Options
I've been around gyms for a lot of years! Why am I just now learning about landmine exercises?! Who knew a simple, inexpensive attachment and a bar could provide so many versatile exercise options!

You can google landmine exercises for tons of options...linking a video here for beginners. It's my new favorite go-to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC2rq5Djv48

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Well that's a great coincidence, my landmine attachment just arrived this morning 😎
  • tammigates
    tammigates Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Well that's a great coincidence, my landmine attachment just arrived this morning 😎

I hope you love it as much as I do!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    I just sold my landmine attachment along w/some other gear because I never used it.

There's nothing you can do w/a landmine that you can't do using other gear but, if you don't have a lot of gear, it can be a useful substitute. However, it does take up a lot of space in a home gym to use it.
  • tammigates
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I just sold my landmine attachment along w/some other gear because I never used it.

There's nothing you can do w/a landmine that you can't do using other gear but, if you don't have a lot of gear, it can be a useful substitute. However, it does take up a lot of space in a home gym to use it.

Space saving is one of the things I like about it. The bar is stored vertically, and the attachment is super small.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    tammigates wrote: »

Space saving is one of the things I like about it. The bar is stored vertically, and the attachment is super small.

I think he's saying you need a lot of space around it when in use.

That said It's great for pressing with my wonky shoulders.
  • tammigates
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

Ah...maybe that is what he meant. I do agree with that. I have to move some other equipment out of the way. The new may wear off eventually, but I'm loving it so far....it's worth the effort.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I enjoy landmine exercises. I have an attachment that slots into the hole in the middle of a pile of bumper plates.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

Ah...maybe that is what he meant. I do agree with that. I have to move some other equipment out of the way. The new may wear off eventually, but I'm loving it so far....it's worth the effort.

Bad thing about the one at my gym is when it's put up, people put down mats to do floor exercises in its arc, even though there's all sorts of empty floor space 20 ft away.