How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice or thrice daily. All the numbers get plugged into a chart that tracks what my reasonable changes are. The weight I display on MFP is the mean of the latest sample with statistical significance:P
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    I only weight myself once a week, Monday mornings before eating or drinking anything. And, I don't weigh myself at my TOM. I am always 3-6 lbs heavier. So, why depress myself with numbers like that?
  • herillusion
    herillusion Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Monday Morning when I wake up - first thing after using the restroom.

Though I do step on the scale on a daily basis in the morning.
  • burndust
    Options
    twice a week normally wed/sat or thurs/sun first thing
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every morning but since I added weight training and more cardio it changes from day to day so I stopped. I only weigh in once a week now with my trainer.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a day, everyday. I know there will be ups and downs, but it keeps me straight.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self once a week. I am not sure if that is the best way to weigh.
  • Debs1971
    Options
    10 days ago i got my husband to hide the scales! They were ruining my life! I was obsessed - weighing every day sometimes more than once and then letting the result dictate my mood! I have been eating well and exercising loads and only have a few more pounds to go so i decided to concentrate on fitness goals instead of weight!

I decided to weigh myself monthly only! I did however go to the scales in Boots today and weigh myself (before a short holiday) my BMI is down, my body fat is down, and i have lost weight! I have also noticed i can wear much smaller clothes! Maybe the stress of weighing was ruining my weight loss??? mmmm :ohwell:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    about 6 times a day ..or until it says what i want it to ! No seriously I am addicted to the scale and have been since I was a little girl.

untitled-1.jpg
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    People often have asked me here how often I weigh myself, so I will explain the when and the why...

I weigh myself daily, multiple times. Ive been doing this for quite some time now.

The reason for this is I like to see the reactions on the scale to my daily activities. Especially when running, I like to monitor weight before and after a run to see how much water my body is losing during that particular run. I also like to see how much water the body is actually retaining on days where Ive had a higher amount of sodium. I like to compare morning/evening fluctuations.

I do a lot of analyzing, but I dont let any number dictate to me my success/failure for that particular day/week.

I do have 1 official Weigh-In, which is on Saturday mornings at 9AM at my weight watchers meeting.

So for those of you who are friends of mine and often wonder about it, now you know! If you dont see weight post on any particular day, it means that I went up that morning.

Feel free to chime in on your weighing routines...

I do the exact same thing except I weigh daily in the a.m. and then occasionally at other times in the day. Good idea about weighing before and after a run though! I hadn't thought of that...
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on my home scale basically every time I pass it just for sheets and giggles. It's the crappiest scale I've ever had. I decided I'm only going to record weight loss in 3-5lb increments as long as I'm using that scale just because it can vary so widely.
  • 2fabulous2Bunfit
    2fabulous2Bunfit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am realy bad about weighing myself. I usually weight at least twice, maybe even three times. When I wake up, before I get in the shower and before i put on my pajamas. I've even tried hiding my scale, but it never works. I know we shouldn't be controlled by the numbers, but it's hard not to be. I heard you are only supossed to weight yourself once a week... Where's the fun and guilt tripping in that??? LOL
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and will log it on here if there is a loss. I'll only log a gain if I've gained for at least a week or so.

It works for me :smile:
  • bellaxero
    Options
    Every morning and night to see how things effect me
  • smcrimmon12
    smcrimmon12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Everrrrrry morning.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I am what my Dr. calls a scale *kitten*! I weigh myself every morning around the same time. It's like clock work. Get up use the bathroom, grab the scale and see what it has to say!

I can keep track of what my body is doing. If I happen to gain a few ounces I look back at my diary to see if it was due to sodium or not enough water. It works for me. I feel this helps keep me accountable!

I have worked very hard to achieve the results I have had thus far. I do not want to slide back into my old ways!!!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    too often! I only log if there is a loss registered, otherwise I get disheartened with the progress line going up and down, just wanna see down :wink:
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday just after I pee and just before I shower :) I only update my weight on here if I go down (generally).

I don't get upset if I see it go up, really, because I know it's just water. If I go up 2lb in a day, it HAS to be water because there's no way I've ever overeaten by 7000 calories in ONE DAY, and a pound is roughly 3500. So I don't let it make me sad.
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Daily, simply because I don't have the patience to weigh weekly, and I don't want to hit the weekly weigh-in on a day I've spiked up. I swing up and down 4 lbs pretty easily. As long as the long-term trends are downward we're good.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
    I would be totally neurotic if I did more than that, and I'm already crazy with calorie counting, we don't need to add any more :-)