Women 200lb+, Let's Be Unafraid This August!!!

Options

Replies

• Healthymumlife
    Healthymumlife Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    4 days ago I got engaged and am not highly motivated to get back on track and drop the weight.

Congratulations on your engagement :)
  • 57pattycake
    57pattycake Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @girlinkaz that lasagna looks amazing - do you think I could make it without the meat?
    You are soooooo close to your goal!!!! Woohoo! Congrats! Applause1....etc

@Renewed2021- Maybe make healthy treats as easy too to grab as the non-healthy treats were. I re-package carrots, fruits and unsalted almonds in 1 serving portions to grab. It helps me thwart those "I don't care I'm eating it anyways moments." You'll find what works for you.
  • girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @57pattycake I’m sure you could! I might use a tofu crumble in the sauce to up the protein content - I’m sure it would be delicious!
  • drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-in: A day late posting- crazy first week back at work
    Ht.: 5'3"
    My highest weight ever was 221 a few years ago.
    SW: 205. (7/5/21)
    Last week's weight: 198.2
    CW: 197.4
    GW for end of August: Under 195
    UGW: Under 150 (?) TBD

I'm still adjusting to getting a fitness work routine after being off all summer but stuck to my goal of taking a healthy lunch everyday and walking at least 20 minutes on my lunch hour.
    I know we're not supposed to live by the numbers on the scale but it is such a relief when I step on it and it's down just a little.
    I'll take it!
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!
  • drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    girlinkaz wrote: »
    Friday weigh in!

Height: 5’6”
    SW: 222 (Feb ‘21)
    August SW: 164.6
    August GW: 158
    UGW 154

Aug 6: 164.6
    Aug 13: 161.9
    Aug 20:
    Aug 27:

2.7lb lost this week! I crossed the -60lbs this morning too, so that was really exciting. UGW is only 8lbs away and I’m already dreaming of all the clothes I’m going to buy once I get there!

I ate SO well this week (which is why I’m honestly kind of surprised at the big loss): as I mentioned yesterday, I made a delicious zucchini lasagna last Saturday and originally planned to eat half and freeze half because it was higher fat than I normally choose and I figured I didn’t want to do that for a whole week. Once I tasted it, I decided NOPE - it was so delicious I ate it all week long. 😂 I also made some really good sheet pan chicken fajitas this week.

I’m glad to have a bigger loss this week because tomorrow is my best friend’s birthday and she’s asked me to make her Russian food. I grew up in Kazakhstan and LOVE Russian food but almost never make it because it’s really labor intensive. I’ve already got pelmeni (Russian dumplings) made and in the freezer and today I’m making Napoleon (probably the world’s highest calorie cake, with frosting made out of sweetened condensed milk) and a beet soup, so I will definitely go over my calorie budget tomorrow but it will be WORTH IT. Yum.

-60lbs Face Version. Full progress pictures coming when I hit UGW!

u6uuod2an8t2.jpeg
    girlinkaz wrote: »
    Friday weigh in!

Height: 5’6”
    SW: 222 (Feb ‘21)
    August SW: 164.6
    August GW: 158
    UGW 154

Aug 6: 164.6
    Aug 13: 161.9
    Aug 20:
    Aug 27:

2.7lb lost this week! I crossed the -60lbs this morning too, so that was really exciting. UGW is only 8lbs away and I’m already dreaming of all the clothes I’m going to buy once I get there!

I ate SO well this week (which is why I’m honestly kind of surprised at the big loss): as I mentioned yesterday, I made a delicious zucchini lasagna last Saturday and originally planned to eat half and freeze half because it was higher fat than I normally choose and I figured I didn’t want to do that for a whole week. Once I tasted it, I decided NOPE - it was so delicious I ate it all week long. 😂 I also made some really good sheet pan chicken fajitas this week.

I’m glad to have a bigger loss this week because tomorrow is my best friend’s birthday and she’s asked me to make her Russian food. I grew up in Kazakhstan and LOVE Russian food but almost never make it because it’s really labor intensive. I’ve already got pelmeni (Russian dumplings) made and in the freezer and today I’m making Napoleon (probably the world’s highest calorie cake, with frosting made out of sweetened condensed milk) and a beet soup, so I will definitely go over my calorie budget tomorrow but it will be WORTH IT. Yum.

-60lbs Face Version. Full progress pictures coming when I hit UGW!

u6uuod2an8t2.jpeg

Wow!!! Congratulations!!! You are so close to your goal!!! So inspiring!!!!👏👏👏👏👏
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.
    Original starting weight: 257.8 1/14/21

Aug Start Weight: 221.5 (7/31/21)
    Aug Goal Weight: 217.5
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

Aug 7: 221.8 (+0.3)
    Aug 14: 220.8. (-1.0)
    Aug 21:
    Aug 28:
    Aug 31:

I’ve had a good week. Keeping up with my daily squat challenge. My daughter made pumpkin bread with dark chocolate chips and my coworker made zucchini bread, and I didn’t have ANY. Sweets are my downfall.

@girlinkaz you look great! You’re so close to your goal! Hope everyone has a great week! 🙂
  • stacey282012
    stacey282012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello 👋 I'm new here and current weight is 224 pounds. I've just switched to here from noom. Finding it hard to stay motivated because it takes so long for the weight to come of me and I'm always so tired due to my underacrive thyroid. Really hoping I stay on track this time. So glad I found this group 🙂
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Height: 5'
    SW: 266.6 (1/4/2021)
    CW: 240.4 (8/1/2021)
    8/1: 240.4
    8/8: 240.4
    8/15: 240.2
    8/22
    8/29

GW for August: 234
    GW for 2021: 215
    GW for October 2022 because that's my focus: 165

Another week of struggling, but I *did* stay under most days, and I'm definitely in a calorie deficit for the last two weeks, so someday my whoosh will come.

I joined a weight loss challenge at work. Each team is 5 people, and last week one team reported losing 23 pounds, and another TWENTY SEVEN. I'm sad we won't win, but glad we're not doing ridiculously unhealthy things to ourselves! (My team is doing great--about two pounds a week for each of us.)

@stacey282012 Welcome! This is a wonderfully supportive bunch. We are all in this together!

@lmgoff232 that's great!
  • Snapy15
    Snapy15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    SW on July 1st: 268Lbs
    SW on August 1st: 257.8Lbs
    GW for August 31st: 250Lbs
    GW: 140Lbs

Goals this months, be consistent in my workouts, switch out the electric bike for a regular bike for morning commute at least 2 times a week.

I weight in most days, but will only update on sundays.

August 1st - 257.8
    August 7th - 263
    August 15th - 256.7

After a hellish 2 weeks, I'm finally gaining back some control. The first one a suffered a lot of muscle fatigue, dizziness and lower back pain. The second came a nice even 7 days of bleeding, cravings and extreme mood swings. Got most of my energy back but the toll on my mental energy was terrible and I felt too exhausted by the end of the day to workout. I yoyo'd pretty much all week going as low as 246 and as high as 263.

My goals this week is to be more mindful of my own needs, try to not skip breakfast, and go to the gym at least 2 times this week.