5'3" What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• kated930
    Options
    My current goal is 115, I am at 116 right now..... 1 lb away.

I don't think that 1 lb is really going to make much of a difference and there are still some areas that I think need some toning. So I am not sure if I am going to change my goal, but I am going to look into toning up and getting my body fat % down. If that brings me lower than 115, (or even higher with muscle?) that's fine with me, I just want to look stealth :)
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". I also think it depends on the person. Me, my goal is to get down to 135-140. I have an average frame and think if I get below that, I might start looking too thin, but I'll see how I feel at that time. I may change it to 125-130. I would love to have muscle definition. Not bulked up, but tight and toned. I have a ways to go though(started out at 235 and am currently at 216), but I will get there. :happy:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    5' 3.75" - goal is current lean body mass plus 20% body fat. This will end up around 145-148 lbs.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    wow. I'm shocked at how low some of these goals are for people my size. My original goal was to get anywhere between 135 and 145. This is why i picked that: my highschool weight was 155- I was pretty fit/athletic in highschool. In my adult life, as a vegan, my weight settled in around 145. Then I became a raw foodist and my weight settled in at 135. At one point, i didn't eat at all for 6 months, and then my weight was 125- so I figured 125 wasn't a healthy weight for me... I decided anywhere between raw foods weight and vegan weight was healthy.

But as of today, I'm under 135 (it ranges from 131 to 134). I'm neither a raw foodist or a vegan (I'm a vegetarian).

For the first time ever, I've considered that 125 might actually be ok for me as long as I'm doing it while eating and exercising- not starvig myself. So my current goal is to get to 125. Once I'm there, I may kick around the idea of going down to 120 but I really think any less than that would be a bad idea for me. I'm very muscular, i've got solid bones. I'd be taking from that....

...that was the long answer!!! haha!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    5'2" maintaining in the 108-112 range for a year now. Hit 103 early last summer and looked ill. Put on some muscle hence the higher scale number while looking better.
    :)
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    Well I'm clearly the odd one out. I'm shooting for 155 or so. However I carry 127lb. of lean muscle mass so I'm in a different spot than some of you!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Almost 5'3" and my goal weight is currently 120. I'm fairly large boned and tend towards a muscular build. I started at near 140 and just this morning broke 125 and am wondering if 120 is going to do it for me. I still have quite a bit of "extra me" to lose. I'm honestly more focused on how I look and feel than the actual number on the scale, however.
  • lisasbig30
    Options
    5'3" and my goal weight (for now) is 140. When I get there I'll make a decision if I want to go further or stay put.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    5'3 gw 145 but I might stop at 160. Last time I was at 160 I was very pleased with myself.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Well I'm clearly the odd one out. I'm shooting for 155 or so. However I carry 127lb. of lean muscle mass so I'm in a different spot than some of you!!

I'm there with you, but I only have 117 lbs of lean body mass so I'll end up about 10 lbs less. :drinker:
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 1/2" and my goal weight is 120lbs. at present, but once I get there I would love to be 117lbs. I was feeling my best at that weight. I have a great deal to lose, but am determined. I was under 100lbs. when I first got pregnant (many years ago), so I'm a very small person under all this weight.
  • fleetwitch
    fleetwitch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5"1 and I am 184 I started at 265! my goal is 140. People say that I am crazy for going that low and that I would look to thin. But this is what I want to be. The internet says that for my height I should be 100! Now that is too low! I started this journrey 12 months ago and I am looking for people to chat with. Thanks for the support
    Fleety
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My original goal was 130, but at 132, I realized I could go lower, so I lowered it to 115.
  • ASaxe23
    Options
    5'3 gw 145 but I might stop at 160. Last time I was at 160 I was very pleased with myself.

wo0t I like it someone who's on the higher end!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    102 lbs...
    I checked megan fox's BMI.
    for us 5'3", we must be ~ 103 to have similar body shape as her

FYI- at 102, I'd be dead.
    Not exactly the "Megan Fox" look.

Body Shape and BMI are about a lot more than just height and weight.
  • ASaxe23
    Options
    that's awesome!! I'm glad that I'm not the only one!! I dunno I'd love to be 120lb, but I can't do that and be healthy!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I am 5"1 and I am 184 I started at 265! my goal is 140. People say that I am crazy for going that low and that I would look to thin. But this is what I want to be. The internet says that for my height I should be 100! Now that is too low! I started this journrey 12 months ago and I am looking for people to chat with. Thanks for the support
    Fleety
    140 is definitely not too low for someone who is 5'1". It was at 140 (the very top of the healthy range for my height) that I decided I was too heavy and needed to lose weight and I'm 2 inches taller than you.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal is somewhere between 120 and 135 (probably between 125 and 130). I will see how I look and feel when I get there. I am currently 148, down from 178.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    102 lbs...
    I checked megan fox's BMI.
    for us 5'3", we must be ~ 103 to have similar body shape as her

FYI- at 102, I'd be dead.
    Not exactly the "Megan Fox" look.

Body Shape and BMI are about a lot more than just height and weight.

Yes, yes!

Unless you have the exact same body as Megan Fox, you can't make that statement. Muscle, body shape, all sorts of things go into what we look like at what weight.

At 144 pounds (overweight for this height) I wear a size 6. At 102, I'd be in negative sizes, a lot thinner than Megan Fox probably.
  • anvacarz
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently at 121.5. However, it's a really unfit/flabby 121.5.... My goal is 115 and then reassess and go from there (no lower than 110, though). If I can add some lean muscle and see definition in my abs and arms, I'll stop wherever that is!