JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday.
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Write lesson plans. Drop book off at library.
    2. Morning: Check email. Update MFP. Take box. Cut paper for "before I graduate." MOVE DESK.
    3. Pit Crew: Greet students. "Before I graduate I will..." Remind those with missing images to send. Every seat gets a book.
    4. Test Prep Class: Begin math section. EMAIL C ABOUT PERMISSIONS - CLASS PAGE NOT SHOWING UP FROM HOME.
    5. Online Facilitation: Goal setting? TF are we doing??? *sigh* Try to get a roster? Type pronouns intro script: subject & object case, "my brother and I" vs "my brother and me."
    6. English Class: Begin with NRI. Get set up on CommonLit. Lesson: Characterization. Read Initiation.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Check scripts. Update class site. Shoot pronouns intro script.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Bibimbap? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. LAUNDRY AWAY.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Swim) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Came home yesterday and just collapsed into bed. I feel more alert today. We'll see.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,303 Member
    Audit day. I've been through a ton of audits, but I've never been the lead auditor. The strange thing is that it's an internal audit so I'm asking people questions I already know the answer to for the most part. The morning audit should be fairly easy, the the afternoon audit is from 12:30 - 6:30. I have to come up with 6 hours worth of questions... Holy hell! I did take an anxiety pill on top of my normal meds that I use as needed. Hopefully that keeps me more mellow and prevents me from talking a million miles per hour.

Lunch is provided today, it's either subs or chick-fil-a. Not bad choices...

JFT Tuesday
    - survive
    - Not make a fool of myself

That's all. Pretty short list today.

Have a blessed day y'all!
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    It is a weird day. We have company—a friend’s kids are here today and Thursday, and one of them next week Tu and Th also, because their normal daytime people are down with Covid. So,

JFT
    - track and stay with calories
    - Drink 10 cups water
    - Walking video
    - No Ice cream. That Tub ice-cream in the freezer will make me fat. I can have a serving of ice cream on the weekend.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited August 2021
    @pridesabtch I have to giggle at your work post. Please relax. My entire 40 year career has been as an internal auditor. I tell people we work for the same company. We review financial & operational records, and test that policies and procedures are followed so regulators and external examiners do not find problems, b/c that would be much worse. When I explain to people that I don't know their job and I just need them to explain things to me, they calm down and even say, "that's all?" when I'm done asking questions. We are not "gotcha" people.

Recap M 8/16 ~ planned rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :s 7K but Fitbit battery down to 1% early in evening = crap :'(
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :( If not for after work snack... net cals -465. 15c water :smiley:
    3) GA-C/V vouchers testing / catch up emails / 12:00 Facebook Live :smiley: 3/3
    4) Wash towels / prep bday gift & card / other ta-da's on list? TA-DA! :smiley: 3/3
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :mrgreen: 6/6

JFT T 8/17
    1) Walked dog 3.85 mi before work, realized I was hearing geese in flight which means fall. Already? Too soon! :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Preview menu & decide order, prelog if possible / net cals maintenance? / 12c water
    4) GA-C/V more vouchers testing / clear some email backlog
    5) Feed kitty & let dog out / remember gift bag / over to P's by 5:30
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / ? alarm (Just Move It day at work ~ walk dog or x-train)

Tonight I'm taking my friend P out for drinks and dinner as belated birthday get together. I will remind myself this is not all about the food but our friendship. It's been at least two years since I've eaten at the restaurant, and no idea how the menu might be changed. I will preview the menu online, if still available, and make my selection before I go... that usually keeps me more accountable.

Last night I realized my Fitbit seems to be dying... Not sure if I want to get another, since this one is less than one year old. I'm a numbers person, I like tracking, and it motivates me to not be sedentary. But this is annoying and aggravating. LOL Six years ago I was not so focused on checking my wrist for steps. Something I'm thinking about.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT 8/14/21

- up by 4:20✅
    - eat/AM meds✅
    - work 5-1✅
    - update JFT/log food✅
    - meditate(break/ after work)✅Long story short. Got interrupted by rude woman and drove home aggravated.
    - spend 15 minutes in office🛑
    - baked chicken for dinner🛑Got take out
    - read something fiction🛑
    - finish The Novel Factory tutorial🛑
    - teeth/PM meds✅really didn't want to brush my teeth but I forced myself to. I can't say it was a full 2 minutes but I can say it was at least 45 seconds. Lol
    - shower🛑
    - To-Do/Ta-Da Lists✅
    - sleep by midnight🛑closer to 1am and I paid for it

So Saturday Daddy got in a car accident. He's okay but totaled my parents only car. So they're using ours. He actually went to the hospital which amazed me bc he is very anti-hospitals. They didn't admit him but he was there a while. Well past dark. And Mom doesn't drive in the dark. So I picked him up at 11:30. I was wake 20 hours that day. He is very lucky that I love him.

Didn't make any goals yesterday. Not even my own personal To-Do or Ta-Da list. I closed last night and was grumpy pretty much the whole time bc I didn't sleep well.

I close again tonight but I'm not nearly as grumpy so I'm hoping it goes well. IREALLY hate closing. And have only done it maybe a dozen times.

But I did make a To-Do list for today. We'll see how much I get done. Some of it will have to be for when I get home around 8:45(hopefully). And I'm off tomorrow! Woohoo!

JFT 8/16/21

- up by 9:30✅
    - update JFT✅
    - take out rent money✅
    - make Matt a To-Do list✅
    - Am meds✅
    - 15 minutes in officeActually spent an hour-ish and half of that was working on my outline!
    - work 1-8ish✅
    - log food🛑I had a really bad drive home and ended up splurging on chocolate. I need to figure out a way to not emotionally eat when I'm frustrated or exhausted.
    - 6 pm med✅
    - meditate(break/after work)✅🛑I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to meditate in my car after work when I close bc I don't like sitting in the empty parking lot by myself. But I should be able to do it after my other shifts.
    - work on The Novel Factory tutorial🛑
    - teeth/PM meds✅✅Really didn't want to brush my teeth but I did it! It really is becoming a habit! Finally! Lol
    - Ta-Da/To-Do lists🛑🛑
    - sleep by midnight✅I'm gonna say yes since the last time I looked at the clock was like 12:09. Lol

JFT 8/17/21
    - up whenever I wake up✅11:22
    - Am meds✅
    - update JFT✅
    - update Matt's to-do list✅
    - make yesterdays Ta-Da/todays To-Do list✅✅
    - dishes
    - spend 15 minutes in office
    - spend 20 minutes reading
    - log food
    - eat sensibly(food choices and portion sizes)
    - afternoon med
    - meditate
    - teeth/Pm meds
    - Ta-Da/To-Do lists
    - bed by 8:30
  • clicketykeys
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Lifting.
    2. Morning: Check email. Update MFP. Take box. Cut paper for "before I graduate."
    3. Pit Crew: Greet students. "Before I graduate I will..." Remind those with missing images to send. Every seat gets a book.
    4. Test Prep Class: Continue math. Update class site. Week 3 lesson plan.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email.
    6. English Class: Begin with CommonLit. Get set up on Goodreads. Finish Respect Doc. Read Initiation.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Update class site. Shoot band-aids script.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Pizza. Livestream. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. LAUNDRY AWAY.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Self-Esteem) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois.

Scale goals

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today was rougher than yesterday but it flowed better. Hopefully tomorrow will continue to improve.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Going to do this tonight, because if I don't, I won't get to it in the morning...

Also, this is a reminder to myself to CHARGE MY FITBIT!!

JFT 08/18 (Wed)
    - Wake up by 8:30
    - Walk the dogs before work
    - Eat breakfast
    - Take meds & vitamins
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - 30 minutes of cardio & strength
    - Clean fish tank
    - Dishes
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member

JFT Tuesday 17th August

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green ugh, was over again
    Back exercises only a few
    Walk (in the evening if pain eases) no, went shopping instead
    Ironing no, I have done none at all this week, I'm usually finished it all by Tues/Wed.
    Care home visit yes
    Shopping for holiday let yes, went after care home visit but shop looked so busy I left and went back in the evening
    One extra job yes

JFT Wednesday 18th Aug

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk?
    Ironing!
    Finish doing front garden
    One extra job

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

• pridesabtch

JFT Tuesday
    - survive :smiley:
    - Not make a fool of myself :smiley:

That's all. Pretty short list today.

Have a blessed day y'all!

Yesterday was fine, I think things went well. Of course there were things I missed that I thought of afterwards. It was a long, long day, and today will be the same. Not missing much though as it is a rainy miserable day.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 6:30 :smiley: actually 6:15
    - Follow-up from yesterday's audits
    - Audit internal audits...
    - Log food
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a lovely day my friends.
  • HEGoddard0928

JFT 8/17/21
    - up whenever I wake up✅11:22
    - Am meds✅
    - update JFT✅
    - update Matt's to-do list✅
    - make yesterdays Ta-Da/todays To-Do list✅✅
    - dishes✅Very very proud of myself for this! I actually did it the first day it was on my list and not a week later. And I didn't let the sink get completely out of control!
    - spend 15 minutes in office✅I'm gonna give this a check bc I spent about 20 minutes outside working. I outlined 3 scenes. So I call that a win.
    - spend 20 minutes reading✅
    - log food✅
    - eat sensibly(food choices and portion sizes)✅Giving this a check bc I only went ham on one thing which was salted cashews. But everything else was a good portion. I even measured out a portion of Wheat Thins and then broke them up so I didn't just shove all 15 of them in my mouth at once. Lol
    - afternoon med✅
    - meditate🛑
    - teeth/Pm meds✅
    - Ta-Da/To-Do lists🛑Forgot. And by the time I remembered I didn't have enough time before I had to turn the light out.
    - bed by 8:30✅The light was out but Matt was actually in bed with me for once and he was kind of chatty. Lol.

Had an incredibly relaxing day yesterday. It was very nice! I made burgers for dinner. Well, heated up frozen burgers. Lol. But I only ate one and was satisfied. I didn't eat a snack before bed either. I contemplated it and then checked in with my hunger signals and decided not to.

I spent the last two hours before my alarm went off tossing and turning and not really sleeping. So that wasn't very nice and was probably the reason I got the 400 calorie donut this morning. Lol

JFT, 8/18/21

- up by 4:20✅4:00
    - breakfast/Am meds✅breakfast was a donut but at least I ate something?
    - update JFT✅
    - make lists✅
    - put away clothes
    - shower
    - buy chicken after work
    - spend 15 minutes in my office
    - meditate
    - make chicken for dinner
    - log all my food
    - teeth/Pm meds
    - Lists
    - bed by midnight
  • cschmitz110515
    edited August 2021
    Recap T 8/17
    1) Walked dog 3.85 mi before work, realized I was hearing geese in flight which means fall. Already? Too soon! :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 10K+ and 12/14
    3) Preview menu & decide order, prelog if possible / net cals maintenance? / 12c water :smiley: very happy w/ my drink & dinner choices, net cals green 21 (guessimated :D of course) & 13c
    4) GA-C/V more vouchers testing :smiley: done! / clear some email backlog = 2/2
    5) Feed kitty & let dog out / remember gift bag / over to P's by 5:30 = 3/3
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / ? 5:40 alarm (Just Move It day at work ~ walk dog or x-train) = 3/6

JFT W 8/18
    1) Walked dog 3.47 mi before work, very bunny day plus geese flew directly over our heads at about 25 feet... autumn is coming :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (charging Fitbit nightly for now)
    3) Meals planned & prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) GA-C/V test regulation for variance review / start office summarization / more email backlog
    5) Drop mail at P.O. on way home / something ta-da / 7:30 band concert at park / prep next day pills & water bottles for work
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Bed felt so cozy when my 5:40 alarm (before sunrise now = ugh) went off, I seriously considered skipping a workout. But remembered my last planned rest day was only Mon. And today is Just Move It day at work, where I report my activity of 30 or more min. Plus I wrote it in my JFT post yesterday. So I got my carcass out of bed and walked dog. Glad I did... one of the last Weds. we will meet up with garbage truck driver who gives dog treats. We will be on vacation next week, and after Labor Day his shift starts one hour later for fall/winter schedule.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

08/16/2021 Tuesday JFT:

✅AM Kiddo Routine
    Errands: ✅Target, ✅Tractor Supply
    ✅Homeschool Session
    ❌Mid-AM Study Session➡️ Just felt sad, maybe a bit depressed yesterday. So, after the homeschooling session, the lil guy and I went and enjoyed lunch at one of our fav restaurants. Just getting out and about helped. I'm anticipating that my hormones are the culprit!!🤷‍♀️
    ✅Lunchtime: MFP log / JFT post, & Household Misc.
    ✅Yoga
    ✅BBL 1-DVD
    ✅PM Kiddo Routine
    Gym: ✅Elliptical 30 min, ✅Weight Routine, ✅CC Tennis, & ✅ZC Exercise
    ✅PM Family Martial Arts
    ✅Dinner, etc
    ❌Note Card Review – 30 min➡️ Late night. 🤦‍♀️

08/16/2021 Wednesday JFT:

AM Kiddo Routine
    Errands: WM, ANB, UPS
    Homeschool Session
    Mid-AM Study Session
    Lunchtime: MFP log / JFT post, & Household Misc.
    Yoga
    BBL 1-DVD
    PM Kiddo Routine
    Gym: Elliptical 30 min, Weight Routine, NC Tennis, ZC Tennis, & CC Exercise
    Dinner, etc
    Note Card Review – 30 min

Happy mid-week!! 🌷🤗🌷
  • clicketykeys
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Short run.
    2. Morning: Check email. Update MFP. Take lunch AND DINNER.
    3. Pit Crew: Greet students. Vote for homecoming. Remind those with missing images to send.
    4. Test Prep Class: Continue math. Update class site. Week 3 lesson plan.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email.
    6. English Class: Check website.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Update class site. Meeting.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Pizza. Dems meeting. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Self-Esteem) while playing sleepy music.

Scale goals

WFTY: Persistence. A LOT of students got quarantined yesterday evening. My classes were so sparse. My heart absolutely aches. I hope they're okay.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member

JFT Wednesday 18th Aug

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green nope, 50 over
    Back exercises yes
    Walk? no, the ironing and gardening was all my back could manage
    Ironing! finished!
    Finish doing front garden no, I weeded my mother's garden instead
    One extra job persuaded son to cut mother's grass and I weeded. Really don't need an extra garden to care for but it is what it is

JFT Thursday 19th Aug

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk
    Garden

Should be a nice day today, expecting 2 visitors, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Weeks seeing nobody and then 2 in one day!

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited August 2021
    💖💕💖💕💖💕💖
    💖💕💖 AUGUST 💖💕💖
    💖💕💖💕💖💕💖
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

Still here, and keeping on keeping on.

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] 1 Aug: 143.2
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83.8

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Sun: 🦋 Mon: 🦋 Tue: 🦋 Wed: 🦋
    Thu: Fri: Sat:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 4/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 4/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 4/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 4/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 4/7

🌹Positive Intentions for Thursday 19 Aug:
    [*] Meditation 🏝
    [*] Weigh/post weight 🏝
    [*] Journal - Tiny Habits
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV
    [*] Crochet
    [*] Read book
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🏝
    [*] Daily goals update 🏝

🗑 August Challenge 🗑 Daily Declutter
    🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑
    🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑
    🗑🗑🗑🗑

NLNS
    August: LNS: 1 ~ ME: 17

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

My eye infection is much improved. I can get back to posting again. However, I am trying to reduce my online time as I think it's not good for my eyes, especially on the phone.

• pridesabtch
    JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 6:30 :smiley: actually 6:15
    - Follow-up from yesterday's audits :smiley:
    - Audit internal audits... :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a lovely day my friends.

Another dreary day in the mid-Ohio valley. Another day on the audit band wagon. I actually don't have to do any audits today, just prepare for the ones tomorrow. No biggie they are both systems I understand well. I guess that was the thing Tuesday, I was auditing something I had very limited knowledge on. Yesterday was a breeze because I was confident in what I was doing, though it was weird that I was auditing my boss.

Today was the first day of school for my youngest and in true teen drama fashion, she couldn't find her keys this morning. Cue frantic searching by all members of the family and a nice panic attack by said teen. Dad was the hero and found the keys. She made it to school on time, but is not kicking off the year on a positive tone.

Thursday is both my designated date night and the day I go over to mom's and work on her finances. She seems to be working fairly well in the system I set up for her according to the on-line bank statements, but I'll know more when I talk to her and make sure she didn't write any checks without me there that haven't shown up yet. Next week we go to the lawyer to get the POA done, that should make things easier.

Tim and I have both been working late this week so date night is really just a maybe this evening depending on work obligations, but we'll try.

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00am, :smiley:
    - Work on audit prep :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - GO to mom's after work
    - Take a shower and get ready for date night
    - Go on date night
    - Limit alcohol to 3 light beers
    - Home by 10:00
    - Bed by 11:00
    - Log food

Have a stellar day all you lovely people!
  • cschmitz110515
    Recap W 8/18
    1) Walked dog 3.47 mi before work, very bunny day plus geese flew directly over our heads at about 25 feet... autumn is coming :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (charging Fitbit nightly for now) :smiley: 14/14 boom! 15.4K
    3) Meals planned & prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water :smiley: -59 & 13c close enough!
    4) GA-C/V test regulation for variance review :smiley: done! / start office summarization :) / more email backlog :neutral:
    5) Drop mail at P.O. on way home / something ta-da TA-DA! / 7:30 band concert at park/ prep next day pills & water bottles for work = 3/4 didn't mind skipping last concert in park of summer
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 1/6 rotten evening & poor sleeping

JFT R 8/19 ~ impromptu rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / charge Fitbit
    2) Pre-ordered box dinner & prelogged / maybe skip some of prelogged food? / 12c water
    3) Complete office summarization / email backlog
    4) Email P back / feed kitty & let dog out / check-in 5:30 & pick up box dinner / 6:00 GBBG concert
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog or x-train before work)

Yesterday evening, realized I had long email from friend P. Something I said at our dinner really distressed her and set her off. I was shocked. It's not like her. I was quite upset and called, only to leave a heartfelt voice message (I knew she and her hubby went to a street festival that evening). This morning I got another long email from her, saying she was grateful for the message. She's under lots of stress (part of it self-induced, I have to say) plus going off her mental health meds, which caused her reaction. We're good again, but I spent an awful evening at home while hubby worked, then a fretful night's sleep. Hence the decision to skip the early alarm and get a little more sleep. I will be gentle with myself today. Back at it tomorrow.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
  • HEGoddard0928
    JFT, 8/18/21

- up by 4:20✅4:00
    - breakfast/Am meds✅breakfast was a donut but at least I ate something?
    - update JFT✅
    - make lists✅
    - put away clothes🛑I need Matt to bring the baskets into the bedroom
    - shower🛑
    - buy chicken after work✅
    - spend 15 minutes in my office🛑
    - meditate🛑
    - make chicken for dinner✅ Yes. But not the chicken I bought. Lol
    - log all my food✅
    - teeth/Pm meds✅
    - Lists✅
    - bed by midnight✅ More like 1:30

JFT 8/19/21
    - up by 8:30✅
    - update JFT✅
    - shower
    - spend 15 minutes in office
    - work 11-7
    - drop off Jeep at dealer
    - make sure Matt takes antibiotics
    - teeth/PM meds
    - lists
    - bed by midnight

• Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Getting back into the swing of things has been tough this week, but I made some decent choices this evening that I’m proud of. I replaced rice with sautéed cabbage, and it was delicious! I also did a workout after dinner, even though I was dreading it and complained the whole time.

————————————————

JFT 08/20 (Fri)
    - Up by 7:30
    - Walk the dogs (if it’s not raining. Again.)
    - Eat breakfast
    - Take meds & vitamins
    - Work. Catch up on paperwork
    - 10,000 steps
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - 64 oz of water
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - Clean the fish tank
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • clicketykeys
    JFT Friday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Lifting.
    2. Morning: Check email. Update MFP. Pack lunch.
    3. Test Prep Class: Continue math. Update class site. Week 3 lesson plan draft. Check attendance for English.
    4. Pit Crew: Greet students. Vote for homecoming. Remind those with missing images to send.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. Write pronouns addendum.
    6. English Class: Check website.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Update class site. Shoot pronouns addendum.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. Get books at library Sat.

Scale goals
    Today: 194.6

WFTY: Persistence. It's gotten worse rather than better with quarantining. Please get vaccinated if you can and you haven't yet. Please.