JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Been awol a bit due to internet issues. Sorting that later today so will come back later as I dont want to use all my mobile data. Hope everyones well!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member

cy3q8iv5moy0.jpg

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2

UGW: 142 < x > 148βœ…
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Thu: βœ… Fri: βœ… Sat: βœ… Sun: βœ… Mon: βœ… Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 5/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 β€”>22.6 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 5/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 5/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 5/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 5/7

🌷Positive intentions for Tues 27 April:
    • Meditation πŸͺ…
    • Weigh/post weight πŸͺ…
    • picnic meet up with BiL and SiL
    • Laundry -sort and store πŸͺ…
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: download new book
    • Keep up to date with email
    • Daily goals update πŸͺ…

Feb/March/April DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr:
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

NLNS
    (7 March β€”->) 24/25
    April: LNS: 0 --> Me: 26

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Spent most of the morning potting up seedlings and pootling about in the garden.

Terri πŸ¦„

• TerriRichardson112
    I’ve caught up with posts for the last 3 days.

I took some pics of my spring planters before they start to fade.
    jbet8jo5v877.jpeg
    6l8fawcanwsn.jpeg

Off to get ready for our picnic.

Have a great day. πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @pridesabtch It's frustrating because it's foolish to plan when I don't know if we're even going to HAVE finals, or what the schedule will look like. Parents are starting to ask, and the nice thing is that I did get to talk to admin about it yesterday, so I at least KNOW that it's up in the air and it's not just like I missed the info.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,298 Member

JFT Monday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Audit @ 9:00 :smiley:
    - Pick up V from school :smiley:
    - Get blood work done :smiley:
    - Maybe ride / walk :smiley:
    - Log all food :smiley:
    - Stay in the green :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Wow, I got everything on my list done yesterday. I gotta say I really didn't want to go ride, but hubby literally drug me off the couch so I figured I'd go. The whole way there I was making excuses for myself and second guessing. Once I go there I figured I'd just do 30 minutes, which is a total waste of time. Once I got going, it felt pretty good, and at the half way point I was about 1mph faster than I thought. I pushed it on the way back and finished even faster. Still not fast by my standards, but a darn site better than I have been doing. Averaged 15mph vs 13.9mph. It's a start, and it felt good to push myself a bit. Glad hubby dragged me off the couch. Even made up for the chips and pie...

Today is club ride day and I think I'll brave it. Pride is still an issue when riding with others, but quite frankly I got bigger things to worry about. This should be fun. I'm skipping the big climb, but will still get a good ride in.

Had a rather calorie dense weekend, and I'm afraid to weigh in right now. I'm giving me until Thursday to get back on track and weigh in. I've actually been under most days, but the high sodium days scare me. Seeing the numbers go up mess with my mind so I just need to give me my best chance of success.

JFT Tuesday
    - Meetings & more meetings
    - Club ride
    - Max 1 beer post ride
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a wonderful day y'all!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    This is my first post here but I really love the idea so am excited to join in.

JFT goals:
    Drink 96oz water
    Stay on eating plan
    Walk for 45 minutes

Eating on plan has been going really well as most of it has become habit now but I still dread gym days lol. I have always hated exercise and am really hoping that changes over the course of this journey

SW: 166
    CW: 154.6
    GW: 120
  • pridesabtch
    @lmf1012 Welcome to the group. Have fun with it. Share your triumphs and struggles. There are many folks on here to support you. Good Luck!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Didn’t do too well on goals yesterday. Although I got off to a good start with meals and chores, I just seemed to lose all my motivation once the workday was over. I have a lighter workload today – only a few conferences and a tutoring session – so my primary goal is to get out of the house, away from screens, and enjoy a walk in one of my local parks.

Monday 4/26
    β€’ Start logging again, even if it's not perfect - X
    β€’ Aim for better food choices – 50% - Meals were okay, but too many snacks
    β€’ Comment on analysis drafts - X
    β€’ Deadhead the daffodils - √
    β€’ Get out for a walk – X
    β€’ Do a household chore - any chore - for at least 30 min. - √ - Cleaned out the fridge
    β€’ Restart online wellness course – X

JFT Tuesday 4/27
    β€’ Start logging again, even if it's not perfect
    β€’ Aim for better food choices
    β€’ Comment on analysis drafts
    β€’ Get out for a walk
    β€’ Recycling
    β€’ Do a household chore - any chore - for at least 30 min.
    β€’ Restart online wellness course

@TerriRichardson112 - Thank you for posting pictures of your gorgeous tulips! Just what I needed to start my day off with a smile :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    How fun, more newbies, welcome! This is a great thread for support and accountability, without judgment.

@TerriRichardson112 Thanks so much for sharing your flower pics. I love all the colorful tulips! Enjoy your picnic.

Recap 4/26 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 13/14 & 8.1K
    2) Net cals zero / 12c water / no evening snacks :s -446 & 11c
    3) GA-IT / Facebook Live 12:00 = 2/2
    4) Prep lunch, snacks, water bottles & overnight oats / at least one chore ~ folded remaining laundry, took all upstairs & put away, rec'd another invoice for eye surgery & got all EOB stmts (so many!) organized with corresponding invoices, only one invoice from surgery center still pending :smiley: 2/2
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :mrgreen: 5/5

JFT 4/27 T
    1) Walked dog 3.9 mi before work, heard lots of birds, saw turkeys & bunnies, enjoyed daffodils on another gloomy day :mrgreen: happy me & happy dog
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net cals zero 12c water
    4) Prep lunch, snacks, water bottles & overnight oats / wash towels (start as soon as get home) / wash dishes / other chore?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Workplace email system is not connecting, so that throws a wrench in my plans for today. Good thing I have plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime. Need to focus on what needs to get done.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Not much to report tbh!

Had a low mood the last few days (or maybe more I don't know haha) and it's the end of the month where we tend to have less money for snack foods so we just buy what we need etc. We're trying to save money so we have X amount for our shopping money. So savings can't be spent on snacks or we'd probably have non left πŸ˜‚
    So I don't think I've done too bad calorie wise. I've certainly not been able to binge on any Sweets or choc etc.

And yesterday I got 16K steps and I've done 11K steps today so far (although I'm going bed soon)

And ive also got my letter for talking therapy so I can start my initial assessment and see what help they can offer. Not looking forward to opening a can of worms but oh well.
  • TerriRichardson112

cy3q8iv5moy0.jpg

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2

UGW: 142 < x > 148βœ…
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Thu: βœ… Fri: βœ… Sat: βœ… Sun: βœ… Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 6/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 β€”>22.6 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 6/7

🌷Positive intentions for Tues 27 April:
    • Meditation πŸͺ…
    • Weigh/post weight πŸͺ…
    • picnic meet up with BiL and SiL
    • Laundry -sort and store πŸͺ…
    • Daily Chores πŸͺ…
    • Puzzles: πŸͺ… Watch TV: πŸͺ…
    • Travel Books: download new book
    • Keep up to date with email πŸͺ…
    • Daily goals update πŸͺ…

Feb/March/April DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr:
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

NLNS
    (7 March β€”->) 24/25
    April: LNS: 0 --> Me: 27

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Had a great day on our picnic. This is the nature reserve we went to. Haven’t had an outing like that for over a year. Lots of fresh air and exercise.

Terri πŸ¦„

[/quote]

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    JFT - Monday Apr 26
    1.5L of Water - I think so, for sure 1L
    Log all Food - πŸ™‚
    Walk 15 minutes - no too much pain

JFT - Tuesday Apr 27
    1.5L of Water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

I’m so tired I’ve read and caught up, but just want to get off screen.
  • clicketykeys
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. AM run
    2. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday answers.
    3. Classes: TPCASTT Grasshopper. Sound Technique comparison.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Meeting. Shoot issues script?
    5. Lunch: Leftovers.
    6. Afternoon: Graaaaade! 1 hour Clois. Walk at park. Check in on MFP. What was End of March?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Dutch baby. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 189.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Aiming for a run tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Wow, I literally did only one of my goals yesterday, so it was a bit of a bust.

I had a slightly stressful/ draining/ frustrating day at work yesterday and afterwards I just wanted to turn to food/drink for a boost. We ordered takeaway, although at my boyfriend's suggestion we cut down a bit and shared two starters and one main. So this will have mean somewhat more calories than alloted but quite a bit less than it could have been. As such, weight is up a little today but not that much. Hopefully it will drop off again quickly.

It's a bit disappointing as I haven't given in and ordered takeaway for a little while and this will inevitably prolong maintenance and delay losing, which is frustrating. I really want to reach 173 pounds and that isn't even anywhere near my goal, it's just a number I have been hovering above unable to reach for weeks!

The trigger was really my monthly book club. I quite often have difficult days but I've got into a better routine of finishing up by 6 - putting my to do list and emails in order so I feel on top of things - then watching this fun gameshow called house of games to switch off. It's actually a really effective wind down routine for me - I think it's because it's a quiz it's quite participatory as I guess all the answers and this properly distracts me - and I have been much better at eating sensibly because of it. With the book club, I go straight into the book club at 5 (a) before I'm really ready to finish work so there is often piles of stuff undone (b) I don't get that nice wind down routine so the stress doesn't alleviate suite so much (c) whilst I enjoy the book club, the dynamic doesn't always work online - people talking over each other etc - so in some moods it becomes just another annoying online meeting.

Anyway, one to keep an eye on. Next month I will remember that it can derail the evening and make a strategy for not letting that happen!

Anyway, yesterday's goals:

Log everything I eat :#Did not bother to log takeaway
    Be in the green >:)
    Drink 4 bottles water >:)
    No alcohol >:)
    Do things on my to do list (can't be bothered to get out of bed to check what they are but I know they are on there) >:)
    Turn light out by 11 latest :)

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in the sodding green
    Drink 4 bottles of water
    Do food plan and order for holiday and return from holiday
    Sort finances

• pridesabtch

JFT Tuesday
    - Meetings & more meetings πŸ˜€
    - Club rideπŸ˜€
    - Max 1 beer post rideπŸ˜€
    - Bed by 11:30πŸ˜€

Have a wonderful day y'all!

So the club ride was a huge hit to my pride, but glad I didn’t back out. I went to get dressed and none of my kit fit. Strike 1. Time was afraid I’d back out. Drive to the rally point, and I only saw the faster riders. Strike 2 I almost didn’t unload my bike, but I did. Got dropped. Strike 3. I almost just ride back to the car solo, but I didn’t. I did turn early and wait for the group to come back around. All things considered, I’m trying to be proud of myself for not giving in, but it’s hard not being able to do things I used to do easily.

It’s supposed to rain today, and I have errands to run. Got to pick up Sierra’s prom dress from alterations. Going to a jewelry store to maybe buy her some diamonds or sapphires to go with her dress.

Watching diet pretty closely today. Though I’ve been under calories lately, my choices have been less than great. Tomorrow is Weigh day. Ughhhh

Goals JFT
    - Work from home
    - Shower
    - Meetings
    - Run errands
    - Pick up V from school
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Bed by 11:30

Whatever your plans today, make yourself proud!

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Did a bit better on my goals yesterday, although I blew a day of pretty good food choices with late night snacking. I did get out to walk, despite a completely dead car battery. My daughter kindly offered to swing by and pick me up so I could put off the call to AAA until later in the day. Fortunately, the problem was just an overhead light left on for a couple of days, so it was quickly fixed.

To finish restoring the battery, I drove out to a favorite country market for some produce. The store has one entrance – through the bakery section. Wish I could say I resisted, but I didn’t even hesitate as I put the package of pastries in my cart. So I’ve already had pastry for breakfast and will be heading out to try to walk it off this morning.

Busy day - I'd best get to it.

Tuesday 4/27
    β€’ Start logging again, even if it's not perfect - √
    β€’ Aim for better food choices – 50%
    β€’ Comment on analysis drafts – X – I’ve really been procrastinating
    β€’ Get out for a walk - √
    β€’ Recycling - √
    β€’ Do a household chore - any chore - for at least 30 min. - √
    β€’ Restart online wellness course – X

JFT Wednesday 4/28
    β€’ Log, even if it's not perfect
    β€’ Aim for better food choices
    β€’ Get out for a walk
    β€’ Do a household chore - any chore - for at least 30 min.
    β€’ Set up conference schedule for next week
    β€’ Work on analysis comments
    β€’ Restart online wellness course

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited April 2021
    @bookmeister86 Maybe on book club day (one day a month?) you could actually wind down work a little early? Just saying, every day does not have to be that late. Speaking as a person who wasted too much of her life devoted to a company/job that no longer appreciated or wanted her services.

@pridesabtch Yay for you for showing up & finishing your ride!

@beachwalker99 Sorry about your dead car battery, but I had to giggle. I've done that exact thing with leaving the inside light on!

Recap 4/27 T
    1) Walked dog 3.9 mi before work, heard lots of birds, saw turkeys & bunnies, enjoyed daffodils on another gloomy day :mrgreen: happy me & happy dog
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 14/14 boom! 16.5K
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water :smiley: -33 & 13c
    4) Prep lunch, snacks, water bottles & overnight oats / wash towels (start as soon as get home) / wash dishes / other chore? yep = 4/4
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) woken during night by heavy thunderstorm so skipped walk = 4/5

JFT 4/28 W
    1) X-train after work?
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged ~ stick w/ plan / net cals zero / 12c water
    4) Research OGC-related regs / email Ivory for needed info / compare auth user lists to EE list / print SS EE sheet / pack for last two days of work at home
    5) Scan invoices / prep invoice pmts / store decorative dishes in hutch & cupboard / declutter 15 min. / one other chore
    6) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:30 alarm (walk dog before work)

Last night received surprise phone call from my youngest brother and his wife. So good to hear from them! They updated me on recent health issues of our 84yo mom, which she has not shared with sister and me, although my 3 brothers are aware since they are local to mom & dad. Glad my brothers and 2 SILs can be there for them. Mom now has a lift chair and they are updating the toilet and tub/shower area for easier use. Scares me to realize how fragile they both have become. Also got update on brother's 3 girls: oldest daughter's back has re-herniated and she's in tremendous pain. Yet she continues to study for her veterinarian degree (finals looming). Hopefully the solutions the new doctors offer will bring her relief. I think surgery is on the schedule. Prayers would be appreciated.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • clicketykeys
    JFT Thursday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: None today.
    3. Classes: Grammar lesson – complex and compound sentence review. Sound Technique comparison.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Meeting. Shoot issues script?
    5. Lunch: Leftovers.
    6. Afternoon: Graaaaade! 1 hour Clois. Walk at park. Check in on MFP.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Pizza. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    Today: 188.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I love food, particularly buttery and sugary food, and I dislike exercise. It's so hard, you guys. But I did my run this morning, and I had a pretty good time, so I'm happy with myself.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    JFT - Wednesday Apr 28
    1.5L of Water - πŸ˜•
    Log all Food - πŸ™‚
    Walk 15 minutes - 😟

JFT - Thursday Apr 29
    1.5L of Water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Nearly there, one day to go before holiday! So excited, I really need a change of scene. Though equally, I feel slightly odd about leaving this flat prison and getting one? It doesn't feel quite real yet, I guess it will get real when we are on the road/ on the sea!

Had a decent day yesterday, I did give into evening snacking and went over on calories a bit but not by huge amounts, was still well within maintainance. The takeaway pound has dropped off this morning as well.

Lots to do at work today to finish up and I am kind of exhausted, I've been working very hard lately, but one more push and I'm there!

Log everything I eat :)
    Be in the sodding green :/I gave into the evening snacking, c 300 over
    Drink 4 bottles of water :|I am not sure, which probably means I didn't
    Do food plan and order for holiday and return from holiday :)
    Sort finances :)

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Stick to food plan
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Pack for holiday!

@cschmitz110515 That is a good idea actually and I have tried that in the past, I just forgot that it was an option (but will try it again next month). I am also very busy with work at the moment as there is a big project going on that I really WANT to input into - it's kind of a once in every few years opportunity type thing. Once that's done (and it should be over within a month) I will definitely ease off a bit! I totally agree with you about not working your socks off for a company that doesn't care - my issue though is that I care about the work (which is helping people with major debt problems) rather than the company. I probably care too much (one of my colleagues told me that yesterday actually!).