JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Anyway, onto some goals!

JFT, 8/23/21

- up by 9 I'm not going to give this a smiley face yet bc it's 7:20 but I'm going to go lay back down
    - coffee/JFTโœ…
    - Comcast 10-12โœ…See below
    - possible grocery order(depends on weather and Comcast)๐Ÿ›‘ HAHAHA
    - spend 15 min in officeโœ…
    - pick up medโœ…
    - dishes๐Ÿ›‘
    - deal with laundry!๐Ÿ˜‘
    - Call C re: letter for Matt/stimulant collab with psychโœ…
    - call neurologist re: earlier apptโœ…
    - meds/teethโœ…
    - figure out dinner๐Ÿ›‘
    - shower๐Ÿ›‘
    - bed by 12am(probably going to be waaaaay earlier)โœ…

So yesterday was a complete and total nightmare with three bright spots,.

I fought with the cable company ALLLLLL DAY! I talked to 8 different agents 5 of which straight lied to me. I took screenshots of three of the conversations I had with them over chat.

It's a stupid simple fix too. They need a 2 man team to come out and run a new wire 200 feet from the pole to my house through some trees. THAT'S IT! Stupid simple! But trying to actually get an appt set up for this morning to get it done took me all day and 6 different agents all from India. So now I FINALLY got an appt for today between 10-12 but I have a very strong suspision that they're going to ignore all the notes and only send one guy and this is going to have to start all over again! I got so aggravated yesterday that I ended up throwing my huge and study flipflop across the house and dented my closet door. I ate an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy ice cream and had 2 beers.

BUT!

I called my GP and he wrote a note for Matt to get him out of jury duty which he would not be able to deal with due to his handicap. And he is willing to work with my psychiatrist to get me on a stimulant for ADHD. Bc I see my psychiatrist through an app he's not allowed to prescribe controlled substances so he would need to get my GP to do it.

I also called Matt's neurologist's office to see if they had an earlier appt then Sept 29th(his first appt time) and they had an opening for today! So he's being seen at 4pm about a half an hour away from home. Which is totally fine bc the office is pretty easy to get to.

AND

Even with all the *kitten* and terrible eating last night I'm still SOMEHOW down another two pounds. Lol. 167.8 baby! I wasn't sure I'd ever see that number again!

Okay, onto some goals!

JFT, 8/24/21

- up by 9amโœ…
    - coffee/JFT/medโœ…
    - comcast 10-12(try not to lose my *kitten* if it doesn't go well)
    - shower
    - deal with clothes!
    - Walgreens
    - neurology appt 4pm Neptune
    - spend 15 minutes in off(AWAI)
    - curbside?
    - dishes
    - actually cook dinner!
    - teeth/meds
    - lists
    - bed by 8:30
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I was doing so good for most of the day yesterday...then I got out of work, and things fell apart :disappointed:
    I overate junk food, didn't workout, and didn't get any house work done...

Going to take today to just be kind to myself, try to make better choices, and reorganize myself to get back on track tomorrow
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Lifting.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch.
    3. Test Prep Class: Continue math. Update class site. Week 4 lesson plan draft. Update class site.
    4. Pit Crew: Greet students. Answer questions about hybrid.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. 10:30 book group!!!
    6. English Class: Revise MLA on "Identity" and "Respect." Notes on essay structure. Writing: Laws draft.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Write Clois?
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Bibimbap? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Livestream.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Zoe?) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 193.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning โ€“ Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Surviving, honestly.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Couldnโ€™t get in here last night and had to delete then download the app again! What a pain!

Iโ€™ll catch up tomorrow night.
    JFT - Wednesday Aug 25
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 mins
    Arm something
  • Janele0627
    Options
    JFT 08/25 (Wed)
    - Up by 7:30
    - Make the bed
    - Walk the dogs
    - Vitamins
    - 10 mindful minutes
    - 64 oz of water
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - Log everything/200 calorie deficit
    - 30 minutes of cardio & strength
    - Put laundry away
    - Vacuum the stairs
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: ยป

08/16/2021 Tuesday JFT:

โœ…AM Kiddo Routine
    โœ…Household misc.
    โœ…Call UMC for info.
    โœ…โœ…Study session + homeschooling ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ
    โœ…Yoga
    โœ…BBL 1-DVD
    Gym: โœ…CC Tennis, โœ…ZC exercise (โŒarm dayโžก๏ธcut short bc lil guy wasn't happy), โœ…Elliptical 30 minutes
    โŒPM Martial Arts Class (still on the fence about this, we shall see how the day unfolds)โžก๏ธ Made the executive decision not to go bc I needed to manage some parenting discipline around my house. Sometimes these sacrifices are necessary.
    โœ…Dinnerโžก๏ธLeftovers

08/16/2021 Wednesday JFT:

AM Kiddo Routine
    Household misc.
    Study session + homeschooling
    Medical Appt.
    Yoga
    BBL 1-DVD
    Prep togo PM snack for teens bc they'll have a late evening until dinner time.
    Gym: NC Tennis, ZC Tennis, CC exercise (arm day), Elliptical 30 minutes
    Teenagers Youth Group at Church
    Dinner

Enjoy a blessed day my JFT friends!! ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒท
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Call for quotes :smiley:
    - Audit Prep / Audit :smiley:
    - Pick up mom go to lawyer :smiley:
    - Take mom home, buy her dinner :smiley:
    - Doc appt :smiley:
    - Leftovers for dinner :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:
    Have a sweet day my friends!

Yesterday was very busy, but I got everything important taken care of.

I fell asleep on the couch last night. I crawled into bed at 5:30 when my youngest daughter got up to take a shower. I figured I'd wake up with Tim's alarm, but I forgot he took the day off. OOPS! I didn't wake up until 8:30, so I didn't make it to work until after 9:00. Oh well, I've been working long days the past 2 weeks. They can deal with me being an hour late today.

Tomorrow is the big day, we are moving my oldest into the dorms at RMU. I'm mostly excited for her and a little sad. I'm sure I'll cry all the way home. She only has an hour time slot to move in so there won't be much time for dallying. Plan is to get her moved in. Take her to the grocery for snacks, water and such then out to dinner before coming home. Man I hope she loves it there. Can't believe she is 18 and ready to head out into the world, but I am sooo proud of who she is. She is kind, smart, dedicated. She loves the Lord and keeps his teachings close. She will do amazing things.

Enough mommy love, I'm getting weepy.

JFT Wed-nes-day
    - Work by 8:00 :( Fail...
    - Document reviews
    - Other work stuff
    - Maybe go out to dinner
    - Love on my kiddo and load up the car
    - Shower and bed early

Yeah, that's about it...

Y'all have an amazing day! God bless!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    JFT, 8/24/21

- up by 9amโœ…
    - coffee/JFT/medโœ…
    - comcast 10-12(try not to lose my *kitten* if it doesn't go well)โœ…It went well. The tech fixed it in a half an hour. We were so so grateful that we gave him a twenty dollar tip.
    - showerโœ…
    - deal with clothes!๐Ÿ›‘
    - Walgreensโœ…
    - neurology appt 4pm Neptuneโœ…
    - spend 15 minutes in off(AWAI)โœ…
    - curbside?๐Ÿ›‘
    - dishes๐Ÿ›‘
    - actually cook dinner!๐Ÿ›‘
    - teeth/medsโœ…
    - listsโœ…
    - bed by 8:30[โœ…/quote]

Good day yesterday. I'll update everyone later. Don't have much time right now.

JFT, 8/25/21

- up by 4:20โœ…
    - update JFT โœ…
    - fill out Comcast tech survey
    - work 5-1โœ…
    - ask off for apptsโœ…
    - call Dr. Keane โœ…
    - call neurologist โœ…
    - pick up jury duty letter
    - meditate โœ…
    - grill chicken
    - teeth/meds

Most of these I did already. But we'll see if I get the others done too. Lol
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Short run.
    3. Test Prep Class: Clois! Week 4 lesson plan draft. Check online students and send contacts.
    4. Pit Crew: Begin parent calls. Read essays.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. 10:30 book group!!!
    6. English Class: Reply to emails and enter late work..
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Meeting.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Therapy at 5. DemSoc at 8.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Zoe?) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois.

Scale goals
    Today: 194.2

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning โ€“ Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I have no idea what the next few weeks are going to look like.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday Aug 25
    1.5L of water - 1 at least
    Log all Food - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Walk 15 mins - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Arm something - ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

JFT - Thursday Aug 26
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 mins
    Arm something

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Hi folks. I've not been on here this week as I'm not doing at all well and I didn't want to drag the thread down. No logging and too much snacking. I know what I'm doing isn't good, but I'm doing it anyway! I know my eating is a reaction to the problems in the family at the moment, so I plan to be more active to try and boost my mood.
    I saw the osteopath yesterday and am a bit sore today, but will do things slowly.

JFT Thursday 26th

Housework
    Sort bins for tomorrow (I like to put *something* from parents house out each week)
    Collect dog
    Gardening
    Print invoices
    Claim Mum's refund
    Collect prescription
    Walk
    Keep maintenance in mind
  • MLHC1
    Options

08/16/2021 Wednesday JFT:

โœ…AM Kiddo Routine
    โœ…Household misc.
    โŒStudy session + homeschooling โžก๏ธ spent this time taking care of some self-care items; it was nice to slow down a bit for myself ๐Ÿ˜Š
    โœ…Medical Appt.
    โœ…Yoga
    โœ…BBL 1-DVD
    โœ…Prep togo PM snack for teens bc they'll have a late evening until dinner time.
    Gym: โœ…NC Tennis, โœ…ZC Tennis, โœ…CC exercise (arm day), โœ…Elliptical 30 minutes
    โœ…Teenagers Youth Group at Church
    โœ…Dinnerโžก๏ธ Leftovers again (missing my 19 yr old who use to eat all the leftovers, lol!!)

@littleblackskirt Hugs my friend!! Small steps for now and remember, you cannot emotionally bring anyone down unless they themselves allow it. Feel free to share if you need to. I completely understand how bottling up those emotions can create internal destruction. I hope you find some sunshine today my friend. ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒป

08/16/2021 Thursday JFT:

AM Kiddo Routine
    Errands: produce grocery trip, mailbox
    Household misc.
    Study session + homeschooling
    Yoga
    BBL 1-DVD
    PM Kiddo Routine
    Gym: CC Tennis, ZC exercise (leg day), Elliptical 30 minutes, Family swim time
    Dinner: Cooking ๐Ÿ˜†

Enjoy this day, as it was given to us as a present!!
    ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒท
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    JFT, 8/25/21

- up by 4:20โœ…
    - update JFT โœ…
    - fill out Comcast tech survey๐Ÿ›‘I tried. It didn't work right. I guess I waited too long.
    - work 5-1โœ…
    - ask off for apptsโœ…
    - call Dr. Keane โœ…
    - call neurologist โœ…
    - pick up jury duty letter๐Ÿ›‘Didn't feel like going back out. Have to do this on my way home from work today
    - meditate โœ…
    - grill chickenโœ…
    - teeth/medsโœ…
    - bed by 8:30๐Ÿ™„A little bit after but I did try. The evening got away from me.

I got a lot done yesterday and I had my therapy appt! Which I totally almost forgot about. But it went well. My therapist is really impressed with me and how I handle myself and deal with my mental health. So that was really nice to hear.

JFT, 8/26/21

- up by 4:20โœ…4:10 but only bc Matt made me coffee. I was trying to sleep until 4:15. I had a really hard time waking up this morning.
    - work 5-1โœ… I'm here now. Lol
    - update JFTโœ…
    - meditateโœ… Did a guided on while on break
    - pick up letter from doctor
    - buy pork chops before I leave work
    - make chicken salad
    - pick up car registration
    - buy printer ink
    - COOK DINNER
    - DO THE DAMN DISHES!
    - teeth/meds
    - lists
  • Janele0627
    Options
    JFT 08/25 (Wed)
    - Up by 7:30 โœ“
    - Make the bed X
    - Walk the dogs โœ“ 0.75 miles, 25 minutes
    - Vitamins โœ“
    - 10 mindful minutes โœ“
    - 64 oz of water โœ“ 88 oz
    - 5 flights of stairs ???
    - Log everything/200 calorie deficit โœ“
    - 30 minutes of cardio & strength โœ“
    - Put laundry away X
    - Vacuum the stairs X
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11 X

Today I am so exhausted, I have no motivation for anything. I guess I'm still getting used to my new work schedule... I went from 4 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 1 day off alternating to 5 days on, 2 days off steady...miss that little break in between days lol

I'm going to just try to make good choices, log everything (even though my choices for breakfast and lunch will definitely make me wince), do some gentle exercise because I am SORE, and get plenty of rest to have a good weekend starting tomorrow! Saturday my boyfriend and I are taking a 12 mile rail car tour!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–
    ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’– AUGUST ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–
    ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

Still here, and keeping on keeping on.

๐Ÿ”นWord - Balance
    ๐Ÿ”นI am in tune with my dreams
    ๐Ÿ”นI know what is right for me
    ๐Ÿ”นI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

๐Ÿ”นI live in congruence with my authentic self
    ๐Ÿ”นI am mindful
    ๐Ÿ”นI am creative every day
    ๐Ÿ”นI foster positivity
    ๐Ÿ”นI am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (โœ”๏ธSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] 1 Aug: 143.2
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83.8

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Sun: ๐Ÿฆ‹ Mon: ๐Ÿฆ‹ Tue: ๐Ÿฆ‹ Wed: ๐Ÿฆ‹
    Thu: ๐Ÿฆ‹ Fri: Sat:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: โœ… 5/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: โœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 โ€”>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 โซ
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green โœ… 5/7
    5. Steps > 7500 โœ… 5/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyโœ… 5/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily โœ… 5/7

๐ŸŒนPositive Intentions for Fri 27 Aug:
    [*] Meditation ๐Ÿ
    [*] Weigh/post weight ๐Ÿ
    [*] Journal - Tiny Habits
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Go into town to fishmongers
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV
    [*] Crochet
    [*] Read book
    [*] Keep up to date with email ๐Ÿ
    [*] Daily goals update ๐Ÿ

๐Ÿ—‘ August Challenge ๐Ÿ—‘ Daily Declutter
    ๐Ÿ—‘๐Ÿ—‘๐Ÿ—‘๐Ÿ—‘๐Ÿ—‘๐Ÿ—‘๐Ÿ—‘
    ๐Ÿ—‘๐Ÿ—‘๐Ÿ—‘๐Ÿ—‘๐Ÿ—‘

NLNS
    August: LNS: 1 ~ ME: 25

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

I have had a good week since the last time I posted. Keeping up with my daily habits, and managing to maintain fairly well.i will skim through and see how y'all are doing.

Our numbers are rising at the moment, so will definitely be continuing with our usual precautions, which have served us well so far.

Later: I've read up to date, but It's almost midnight and I can barely keep my eyes open, so switching off for bed.

Sayonara, dear friends. Sleep well.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Aug 26
    1.5L of water - ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    Log all Food - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Walk 15 mins - ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    Arm something - ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

JFT - Friday Aug 27
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 mins
    Arm something

I was down to 190 on the scale again today and then ate junk and too much of it all day! Why do I do this? I know itโ€™s actually laziness and Iโ€™m just not craving healthy food, I only want junk! Itโ€™s like Iโ€™m a teenager again.

@littleblackskirt - were all here to support each other. You wonโ€™t bring us down.

I am very sleepy worked on a wedding gift and card all evening after working all day. My daughter and her husband are standing as one groomโ€™s best couple. One of them has been around our house since he was 13. He turned 30 in March. This is the third wedding they have planned the previous two have been cancelled due to Covid. It will be a very small gathering and only people that are fully vaccinated were told they could come. Some refused to come for that reason. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ I just shake my head.
    nn7e3a98mdvb.jpeg
    o8z427pdu19i.jpeg
    pw9in3xzkooa.jpeg
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 and @Snowflake1968...you are both so kind, thank you! And lovely crafting Snowflake!
    JFT Thursday 26th

Housework some
    Sort bins for tomorrow (I like to put *something* from parents house out each week) done
    Collect dog yes
    Gardening yes
    Print invoices yes
    Claim Mum's refund yes
    Collect prescription no
    Walk no, planned to walk for prescription, but gardened instead
    Keep maintenance in mind I did, no snacking in the day but had some crisps in the evening

Yesterday was okay, the weather was nice so I was in the garden. This new garden has about 20 large shrubs which all need cut back every year. I'm still trying to name some of them and find out what time of year it should be done. So I did 3 of them yesterday and will keep going with them slowly. I keep looking out of the window and admiring the ones I've done!

I opened a bottle of wine last night, which led to the snacking. I very rarely drink nowadays, and only one glass per night, so will take me a few evenings to finish it. When I moved into this house the seller left me a nice bottle of wine, it's still unopened 18 months on!

Today has started well, up early and feeling energetic (well, more energetic than usual lol).

JFT Friday 27th

Stay below maintenance
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk
    Collect prescription
    Prep for Saturday
    Clear living room (really hoping son will wash my carpet whilst I'm away tomorrow)
    Clean up kitchen (expecting to do Sunday lunch)
    Invoices
    A little bit of gardening
  • MLHC1
    edited August 2021
    Options

08/16/2021 Thursday JFT:

โœ…AM Kiddo Routine
    Errands: โœ…produce grocery trip, โœ…mailbox
    โœ…Household misc.
    โœ…โœ…Study session + homeschooling ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ
    โœ…Yoga
    โœ…BBL 1-DVD
    โœ…PM Kiddo Routine
    Gym: โœ…CC Tennis, โœ…ZC exercise (leg day), โœ…Elliptical 30 minutes, โœ…Family swim time
    โœ…Dinner: Cooking ๐Ÿ˜†โžก๏ธ I also had my 19 yr old swing by and pick up a bag of leftovers so no food is wasted!! He was happy to do so!!

@littleblackskirt Lovely to hear about your day yesterday! I am so happy you got outside and did some gardening, sounds therapeutic.๐Ÿค—

@Snowflake1968 I call that a snack'em attack!! IDK why it happens but it happens to me as well, I believe it to be stress induced. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ Hang in there my friend, you are strong!!๐Ÿค—

@TerriRichardson112 Lovely to see you post!! Keep on keeping on my friend!!๐Ÿ˜Š

@Janele0627 Sounds like you are getting back to it, WTG!! The rail car tour sounds fun, enjoy!!๐Ÿค 

@arowe37 Welcome!! Happy to see you post!!๐Ÿ˜Š

@HEGoddard0928 Girl you are rockin it!! Lovin all the green checks and your superhero burns are always incredible!! So happy to hear you found a decent therapist!! Have another spectacular day my friend!! ๐Ÿค—

08/16/2021 Friday JFT:

โ–ช๏ธŽ AM Kiddo Routine
    โ–ช๏ธŽ Errands: grocery trip (forgot carrots!!), mailbox, bank
    โ–ช๏ธŽ Watermelon balling party for 1, Lol!! (My neighbor gave me 4 massive watermelons!! So I am going to ball it all, freeze some and put some in the refrigerator. ๐Ÿ˜…)
    โ–ช๏ธŽ Bake: Banana-nut bread & Kodiak Power Muffins
    โ–ช๏ธŽ Household misc.
    โ–ช๏ธŽ Study session + homeschooling
    โ–ช๏ธŽ Yoga
    โ–ช๏ธŽ BBL 1-DVD
    โ–ช๏ธŽ Home Elliptical 30 minutes
    โ–ช๏ธŽ PM Kiddo Routine
    (Gym: No gym time Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
    โ–ช๏ธŽ Dinner: Cooking Shrimp Tacos

Happy FriYay my fellow JFTers!! โญ๐Ÿ•บโญ

• clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Lifting.
    3. Test Prep Class: Clois! Type week 4 lesson plan. Check online students and send contacts.
    4. Pit Crew: Begin parent calls. Read Quicksand.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. Compare playlists.
    6. English Class: Reply to emails. Grade and enter late work.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Shoot phone script.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Pasta? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Livestream at 6.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. When am I going to research the history of the Chattanooga labor movement? YIKES!
    Scale goals
    Today: 194.2

7. Theater: Read play for discussion Sept... 9?

WFTY: Persistence. I have no idea what the next few weeks are going to look like.