Recipe Builder question

Options
musicalrose74
musicalrose74 Posts: 4 Member
Hi - I'm fairly new here and starting to play around with the site. Is there a place in the recipe builder to add instructions? Or is that a Premium feature? Thanks!

Replies

• boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I believe the recipe builder is just so you can input ingredients so that mfp can calculate the calories and macros in the recipe
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    If you’re inputting your own recipe in the Recipe builder feature there is no provision to add a method to your recipe. That applies to both the free and premium versions.

However, if you’re importing a recipe from elsewhere on the internet that process allows you access to the recipe method since it’s imported along with the ingredients.
  • musicalrose74
    musicalrose74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I did notice when I put in a URL for a recipe that it linked so that's nice but yes, when I input my own, it just gave me the info. That's really all I need but figured I'd ask. :)
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I did notice when I put in a URL for a recipe that it linked so that's nice but yes, when I input my own, it just gave me the info. That's really all I need but figured I'd ask. :)

I do think it would be nice! For my most commonly used recipes I usually don't need the instructions, but when I do it can be a little annoying to flip back and forth between tabs (or if I'm using my index cards!)

One of these days I'm going to go through my recipe card box and update ingredients with weights instead of volume measurements...