Options

Replies

• passionately_kate
    Options
    bills....I guess it blocks out the "*kitten*" word lol
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, but I will try.

It was a picture of a waterfall in a giant, gold, plastic frame that was supposed to be plugged in to an outlet. When plugged in, it lit up and a mechanism behind the picture would move in a failed attempt to make the photo "come to life". There were also sound effects of water splashing and birds tweeting.

:indifferent:

Ummm, I actually kind of dig those. I'd never have one in my house, but if I see one at a store, I stand there staring at it for a few minutes.

My worst gift was a plate with Jesus and a prayer on it. I'm an atheist.
  • kikimichelle88
    Options
    my ex's mom gave me a ring from those 25 cent machines...still in the plastic container thing. she said it would suit me....:ohwell:
  • passionately_kate
    Options

Ummm, I actually kind of dig those. I'd never have one in my house, but if I see one at a store, I stand there staring at it for a few minutes.

My worst gift was a plate with Jesus and a prayer on it. I'm an atheist.

LMAO!!! haha that made me laugh :)
  • passionately_kate
    Options
    my ex's mom gave me a ring from those 25 cent machines...still in the plastic container thing. she said it would suit me....:ohwell:

LOL!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

It was a picture of a waterfall in a giant, gold, plastic frame that was supposed to be plugged in to an outlet. When plugged in, it lit up and a mechanism behind the picture would move in a failed attempt to make the photo "come to life". There were also sound effects of water splashing and birds tweeting.

Hehehe. Yeah I admit I like those.:embarassed: I see them in Chinese restaurants and I just stare at them forever.

Maybe you just got a particularly bad one? Though it's probably just my lack of taste...
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Worst was as a child... large family get-together. They drew names for gifts. Someone got things mixed up and I ended up with a wrestling board game. I think Hulk Hogan was on it or something.

Truly - I have been scarred for life. I still cannot stand the male soap opera and I refuse to watch it with my hubby. Bleck.
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Was she calling you Cheap?
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We got a clock one year that was horrible. It was cheap "gold" coated plastic with actual dead moths on the hands and other garish decorations.
    We bit our tongues and said thank you. The other couple burst out laughing.
    This clock had been making the rounds as a joke gift and the terms were that you had to keep it and re-gift it as a serious gift.
  • gods_gal
    Options
    My mil and her sister bought diet pills and weight loss vitamins for me for Christmas one year. I threw them away and went and ate a plate of fudge instead. I'm proof that until you're ready to get healthy-ain't nothin nobody can do to make you change!!

Oh, my word! That's awful!!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan. I have been vegetarian for 17 years, since I was 10, and vegan for 4. My father sent me a box of Omaha Steaks for my birthday last year. My neighbor thought he'd hit the jackpot when I gave him $50 worth of steak out of the blue though...so I guess one man's trash is another's treasure!
  • Losershawn
    Options
    My mother-in-law (I love you mom) sent me a plant for my birthday one year....have to admit that was probably the worst gift ever!!!!! I still harass her about it when it comes up. BTW - I was 25, am I the only 25y/o guy that would think a plant for his birthday sucked?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    A Velvet Elvis in Gold Frame.

It hung above the "throne" for two years.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything my MIL has given me. She was a hoarder with a shopping addiction (she had a massive stroke and so that's kind of behind her now) so she would buy whatever she found on sale and figure out who to give it to. I have received an electric tea kettle thingy, one of those hairdryers with a rotating brush attached ( I have naturally curly hair), a cheap plastic mirror with some ugly picture painted on it. OLD chocolate. Two years in a row I got empty boxes that you store photos in. Those were a real treat! LOL
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Always got the stupid sock sets for Xmas when I wanted toys!!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

haha that picture is supposed to go with your faded black unicorn t-shirt the one with the lightening in the background haha fun..........oh you don't have one....I know what your're getting next year.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    regifted door prize heart shaped box of chocolates three days AFTER valentine's day from the ex.

he won them at a party i hadn't been able to attend and i guess he didn't think i'd notice...?

oh and i don't like chocolateS. i like chocolate! but not chocolatessss.... ewww. the stuff inside is gross.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Scenario:

At a baby shower...playing all the crazy baby shower games. Everyone was winning these awesome gifts...Bath and Body Works, Borders, exc.
    I win the last game....I get my gift...in a Home Interiors box :happy: YEAH!!!!

Open box:

It is a crystal glass plate of the "Last Supper" yes...that Last Supper.... :huh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    MY MIL (not my biggest fan) game me this small rug once that had cats on it. I am a total dog person. I have had at least 1 dog in my house since the day she met me, most of the time more than one, I never speak of cats, and she doesn't have any animals??? WHY??? And one time a purple modern vase, my whole house is decorated in antique/ western decor. Just where does a purple modern vase fit into spurs, barb wire and antique barber chest??
    My MIL is like this. A year after we got married, our wedding present arrived. It was a country quilt. blech. My house doesn't have any patterns, it's contemporary, with a gray blue and aqua color scheme. This thing is ivory and hunter green with the ugliest pattern on it. Really?

Pretty much every single gift I get from her is retarded and goes straight to goodwill. I feel no obligation to bring these things out when she comes over. But it's getting harder and harder each year to put on a smile and say thank you.

The only win was the year she asked me what I wanted. I told her some chocolate dipped strawberries. How could she *kitten* that up? Well, she felt they were too expensive, so she bought me a chocolate fondue maker. I guess I get to make my own. But the fondue maker plugs in and the insert comes out and is dishwasher safe, so I've actually used it quite a few times. All because she refused to get me what I really asked for. Don't ask me what I want anymore, lady. She spent as much on the fondue maker as she would have on 6 deliciously covered strawberries, so whatever.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

I just died! I want this in my house so freaking badly. This is the kind of thing my friends would get me because I would think it's hilarious and laugh hysterically.

I had a bf who had too much money, he bought me some really expensive Liz Taylor stuff...the kind that smells like money and comes in a bag....I gave it away. I don't like chocolates, I'd rather have something fruity, he never believed me and had his friend in Belgium ship me a hug box of Belgium chocolates...my sister and best friend were thrilled.