Alli / Xenical, Does It Work? (Please Only Answer If You Have Actually Taken It)

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Most people will not lose 10lb in a month - 2.5 lb per week is only going to be realistic for very over weight people - and then only in the early stages.

You started trying to lose weight a week ago and you have lost 1.5 kg - about 3lb.

Yes that often happens to people in the first week of a new diet - but it will taper down to a slower pace.

What is your height and starting weight?

Put your stats into MFP, be realistic about your activity level and about the pace of weight loss - and eat that many calories.

whether you go keto or not - eat that many calories and actively count them

and forget about the one month deadline - look at the long term.
  • CastleOfIce
    CastleOfIce Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken it but I've read a lot of the literature on it. In short, yes it will help you lose weight, basically it halves your fat absorption so if you eat 400 calories of fat a day (45 grams or so) it'll be as if you ate 200.

The reason I haven't taken it is the pretty monstrous list of side effects and added supplementation you need with it.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I always love it when someone brings this thread back to life. 😂 never gets old..

Ahh, my favourite thread. It never ceases to amaze me that people continue to take this stuff.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Hey @PaulaWallaDingDong, nice to see you back.

Cheers, h.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I've been away from the forums for so long. Had some serious gains (not the good kind) over the past 3 years, and been trying to get back to what made me successful before. Seeing this thread on the first page makes it feel like I never left. All the folks struggling to manage their grease farts really puts things back into perspective. I love you all so much.

jjwmzzo2n04a.png

• eponai
    eponai Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well well well. It was just suggested to me that I try Alli and so I found this thread. nope nope NOPE. I can't believe it is still being recommended by medical professionals.