Bring IT! Part III: Team No Excuses in March

Options

Replies

• mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    oh my wth happened here? :tongue: Welcome everyone :flowerforyou:
    I've only had one round with the elliptical today thus far, my hubby and I went out on a date. :heart:
    Anyways, I still have plenty of time tonight to finish my workout. =]

Haha I know! Gone and we have 6 new members or something like that. Well folks, no hiding now. I am coming up on Day 60 for my P90X progress pics. Still kind of scary but improvements though minor have been made...posted in the profile. Not sure how to post in threads.
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Nice progress pics, M!!! You have such lean and slim arms, I'm jealous. My arms are very bulky. I like the muscle in them but I want them to be trimmer!!

myastme showed me how to post photos, it's:

photolinkhere

Except the "IMG" has to be all lowercase, not uppercase.

I am finally feeling a bit better and I hope I feel all better tomorrow because I'm ready to get back to bringing it!! I'm going to post my meals. My goal is to watch my sugar intake.

See ya tomorrow everyone.
  • mgullette
    Options
    Aww thanks neeter. I still have a LONG way to go though from where I want to be. 158 lbs on a 5'5" frame? :noway: Trying to get that body fat % down too.

The thing that made a huge difference for me was weight training. Weights really can change the shape of your body. Or should I say, weight bearing exercises. Push-ups are pretty much the greatest thing ever. As are lunges, plank, and squats. My biggest problem (literally) are my legs. I have incredibly strong legs, and quite muscular, but to get them smaller, it's just going to be a matter of dropping body fat %. On top of that, they're short so any gains become obvious right away. :grumble: Oh well, I'll work with what I have. No use complaining about it, as life is far too short! I'm just doing it...:bigsmile:

Good night everyone!
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi i am exciting to be shown this post. I am really in need of someone to be accountable to, more than just myself.Is there a certain day we put in our weigh ins, or is it just to talk, is there certain goals each week, i read through some of the posts but not all of them.

Hiya and welcome!! the best way to start would probably be just share your goals with us and your daily plan of attack..all of us have different goals and the way we achieve them but the end outcome is usually the same ...eating healthier and getting physical activity...
    my plan has been 2hrs+ of excercise daily mainly cardio..I drink 6-8 glasses of water a day and take a daily vitamin...I am on a strict 1200 calories and I do not eat back any of my excercise calories...I do watch my carbs,sodium and fat as well......my workouts of choice are Walk away the pounds,hip hop abs and Jillian Michaels cardio kickbox and the biggest loser workouts....My goal is to join the rest of the bunch eventually and start jogging and doing P90X....thats what motivates me hearing everyone doing so well at such a HARD workout....so as u can see we are all pretty different i have shed a lot BUT i am not nowhere as fit as some of the other members..so being here on the thread with them is true inspiration.:drinker:

Mya - With the amount of exercise you do you could definitely do the jogging. I'm 206lbs and I am making my way through the Couch 2 5K at the moment. I'm up to week 5 and still managing to complete each run on schedule. It's really incredible and so motivating.

Welcome all the newbies :-)

I am sitting down after finishing off an hour on the exercise bike trying to keep my heart rate above 130bpm. I had a great dinner of fresh fish and salad. I am going to try to avoid carbs in the evening this week and see how that goes. As a family we eat lots of rice, noodles and pasta though so it's going to be a bit of a challenge.

Neeter - Your before photos are where I'm aiming for :wink: You really look great and I agree with JB, your black dress is hot.

M - I'm starting to try and get my push-ups happening. I was trying this evening and I'm just incredibly pathetic. I can't decide whether to only complete a couple of knee ones, or to move my knees up so I can do more. I guess my arms rebel over the amount of weight I'm asking them to lift.
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    whoa! welcome everyone!!
    well, as you all know i had some gynormous setbacks this weekend, but it is monday and mondays are fantastic 'get your butt back in gear' days! my wretched cold is all but gone and so there are no more excuses to hold me back!!!
    this morning, i had my usual breakfast of special k, raisins, 1/2 banana and light soy milk. lunch will most likely be an open sandwhich with cukes and tomatos and dinner? who knows - something with brown rice though, because i am trying to incorperate more into my diet.
    i am super-psyched to get back out on the road - last week i was walking/jogging 2-3 miles at a stretch. i'm going to keep it pretty low key today, but i am happy to just be able to get out!
    i also have some light weights here that i will work tonight and maybe throw in some pilates for good measure.
    my biggest goal is to keep myself on track with eating healthily - i did so well last week with so much progress! back in the game - stay strong today, everyone!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi i am exciting to be shown this post. I am really in need of someone to be accountable to, more than just myself.Is there a certain day we put in our weigh ins, or is it just to talk, is there certain goals each week, i read through some of the posts but not all of them.

Hiya and welcome!! the best way to start would probably be just share your goals with us and your daily plan of attack..all of us have different goals and the way we achieve them but the end outcome is usually the same ...eating healthier and getting physical activity...
    my plan has been 2hrs+ of excercise daily mainly cardio..I drink 6-8 glasses of water a day and take a daily vitamin...I am on a strict 1200 calories and I do not eat back any of my excercise calories...I do watch my carbs,sodium and fat as well......my workouts of choice are Walk away the pounds,hip hop abs and Jillian Michaels cardio kickbox and the biggest loser workouts....My goal is to join the rest of the bunch eventually and start jogging and doing P90X....thats what motivates me hearing everyone doing so well at such a HARD workout....so as u can see we are all pretty different i have shed a lot BUT i am not nowhere as fit as some of the other members..so being here on the thread with them is true inspiration.:drinker:

Mya - With the amount of exercise you do you could definitely do the jogging. I'm 206lbs and I am making my way through the Couch 2 5K at the moment. I'm up to week 5 and still managing to complete each run on schedule. It's really incredible and so motivating.

Welcome all the newbies :-)

I am sitting down after finishing off an hour on the exercise bike trying to keep my heart rate above 130bpm. I had a great dinner of fresh fish and salad. I am going to try to avoid carbs in the evening this week and see how that goes. As a family we eat lots of rice, noodles and pasta though so it's going to be a bit of a challenge.

Neeter - Your before photos are where I'm aiming for :wink: You really look great and I agree with JB, your black dress is hot.

M - I'm starting to try and get my push-ups happening. I was trying this evening and I'm just incredibly pathetic. I can't decide whether to only complete a couple of knee ones, or to move my knees up so I can do more. I guess my arms rebel over the amount of weight I'm asking them to lift.

Morning all!! Im going to look p the couch 2 5k today M mentioned it before as well ...also dont get discouraged on the pushups start with reg ones not the girly ones even if u can only do 2 then the next day do 3 and so on to build up...I do about 20 male style ones on my toes daily which isnt a lot but it is when you take in account my weight ..my triceps are really getting defined..also another way to build upper body strength is to stand up with feet shoulder width apart and then bend over and lower yourself using only your hands *dont bend knees* lower into pushup position as if your going into downward dog..then bring yourself back up keeping knees straight and using only hands for support..I do this its on the biggest loser cardio max dvd...I would like to challenge everyone to some type of yoga or pilates this week..be sure to focus on your goals and if you feel your slipping just get back on the wagon and get in kick butt mode. Bring it!!! woot woot:drinker:
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i second the yoga and pilates challenge! i am all over it tonight - at least 15 minutes, everyone?
  • mgullette
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Osmium-personally I do many of my push-ups on my knees as they are still challenging and I like to knock out as many reps as possible on my Shoulders and Arms days. However, I am building up to regular push-ups and that will be my end goal. Once you get REALLY strong, you can use push-up bars and put your feet up on a chair for greater range of motion and just being a push-up bad*ss. If you are going to do your push-ups on just your toes and hands, be careful you keep proper form-abs tight, no bow in the back, otherwise you might get hurt. Just my thoughts.

Yoga and pilates! I third that! I usually do some Vinyasas 3 times a week, and if you do a lot of them, you really get the heart going (not something you normally associate with yoga). I think it's called Ashtanga yoga? Anyway, I like balance poses too, because they work those little muscles around the joints that you normally wouldn't hit with regular weights. And it's just calming.

I used to be really into pilates too, and I should get back into it. It's all about core strength there, and after a major back injury when I was 14 and 16, I never want that to happen again. Pilates is EXCELLENT for preventing back injuries. No more herniated discs!

I'll be off to class today, but when I get home I'll be bringing it like usual!

Welcome all.

M
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I can in no way keep up here lately! Welcome to the newbies and great new pics everyone! :flowerforyou: I have a sick dd home from school today so I got up early and did a fun cardio drill workout (Cathe's Drill Max). Will be doing Chest & Back (P90X) w/ my hubby tonight!! BRING IT!!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    i second the yoga and pilates challenge! i am all over it tonight - at least 15 minutes, everyone?

I missed the challenge but I do my yoga/ pilates/ stretching every night while watching tv. I'm a multi-tasker. :laugh: It really has helped me prevent running injuries and keeps me flexible! :bigsmile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Ok im officially up for the day....and now to go downstairs and eat and excercise for 2+ hrs and also include 15min of Yoga....I may start doing an evening 30min walk just around the block a few times as long as the weather stays decent....perhaps i can get my stepmom to go with me daily at like 8pm.:drinker:
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    Aww thanks neeter. I still have a LONG way to go though from where I want to be. 158 lbs on a 5'5" frame? :noway: Trying to get that body fat % down too.

The thing that made a huge difference for me was weight training. Weights really can change the shape of your body. Or should I say, weight bearing exercises. Push-ups are pretty much the greatest thing ever. As are lunges, plank, and squats. My biggest problem (literally) are my legs. I have incredibly strong legs, and quite muscular, but to get them smaller, it's just going to be a matter of dropping body fat %. On top of that, they're short so any gains become obvious right away. :grumble: Oh well, I'll work with what I have. No use complaining about it, as life is far too short! I'm just doing it...:bigsmile:

Good night everyone!

I have the same problem with my legs... they're short, muscular and look stocky. Like with my arms I like the muscle definition but I want them to be slimmer.

I love Jillian Michaels' workout book because she combines lots of lunges, planks, squats and push-ups. My friend and I have one day of it left, which we're doing today (we were supposed to finish it up last week but that's when I got sick), and then we're going to do it over again on some days, doing the circuits twice instead of just once, and we're going to alternate with another book she bought that has weight-lifting and circuit training exercises in it, as well as with pilates. She wants me to take a reformer class with her at our gym but it's like $60 a month for four lessons a month, on top of our regular gym membership. I'm like ughghg, can't we just take the regular mat class for free or use a pilates DVD??? Has anyone here tried the reformer and if so is it worth it?
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Breakfast & Weigh In

5lb loss for me since last week!!

Breakfast/Brunch: 1 pineapple ring,1/2 cup canteloupe,2 scallions,5oz turkey breast roasted,1oz dublin cheese,1/2 cup green beans.....all under 400 calories YUM!
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    So here is what I've been wondering... is honey good for us or not? I know it's a natural alternative to sugar and I've been trying to limit sugar except from natural sources (lactose/ fructose). But it has more calories per tablespoon than sugar and its glycemic index is higher. So what are its benefits? Should I avoid it too? :sad:
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Good morning all =]
    It's sunny here again! yaay I didn't realize some of the ladies here wanted to get more toned. My arms and legs tend to tone too fast, and I think I look manly.:grumble: I'm small, so it just looks weird on my frame. I'm trying not to get as toned, and just drop some weight this time. I think all of you look great in your progress pics though! :bigsmile: I love Jillian Michael's because here exercises aren't always the standard plank, push-up, lunge format, etc. It's such a great fat burner:happy:
    Mya-Omg congrats on your loss!!!!:flowerforyou: Good job!
    It's the usual for me today, elliptical and some lighter weight lifting, maybe a walk since it's so pretty out.
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    So here is what I've been wondering... is honey good for us or not? I know it's a natural alternative to sugar and I've been trying to limit sugar except from natural sources (lactose/ fructose). But it has more calories per tablespoon than sugar and its glycemic index is higher. So what are its benefits? Should I avoid it too? :sad:

Yes, honey is good, so is turbinado sugar because they're unrefined, unprocessed sugars. When I use sugar it's all that I use. The calorie count might be higher, but they're a different type of calories, and better for you. ( That's my theory anyways =])
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    Wow sweetapplepi we have the opposite problem LOL. Well, I build muscle and get toned pretty quickly too, but for me it's the layers of fat that pose a problem... I wouldn't mind being muscular and skinny but muscular and "chubby" is a weird combination! So I am really trying to lower my body fat.

I too love the variety in Jillian's workouts.
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    Girl scout cookies!!! I ordered some from a co-worker because I didn't want to be rude and they were for her daughter's troop. They are here now and I am NOT going to touch them. I told my boyfriend I will give one box to him for the people at his work, one box to his mom and one box to the people we play poker with on Wednesdays. Then he said "hey I didn't give up sugar, I like girl scout cookies." I was like ooops, I didn't realize (he doesn't have a sweet tooth like I do), and then we agreed I'd give them to him but he'd hide them from me. Because seriously if I have one I will have more!!!!

I am proud of myself for not opening any of the boxes and giving them away. I'm going to take them to my car at lunch so I'm not tempted.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Girl scout cookies!!! I ordered some from a co-worker because I didn't want to be rude and they were for her daughter's troop. They are here now and I am NOT going to touch them. I told my boyfriend I will give one box to him for the people at his work, one box to his mom and one box to the people we play poker with on Wednesdays. Then he said "hey I didn't give up sugar, I like girl scout cookies." I was like ooops, I didn't realize (he doesn't have a sweet tooth like I do), and then we agreed I'd give them to him but he'd hide them from me. Because seriously if I have one I will have more!!!!

I am proud of myself for not opening any of the boxes and giving them away. I'm going to take them to my car at lunch so I'm not tempted.

Good job! Try being surrounded by CASES of them! :laugh: My girls are in Girl Scouts/ Brownies so I had a whole bunch here before they delivered them! I did buy a few boxes, but especially after reading the nutritional info (5+g of saturated fat for TWO cookies?), um no thanks!!! Not tempting. And... I even was at the cookie booth w/ my dd on Saturday, I almost feel guilty selling them! :huh:
  • neeterskeeter
    Options
    That's the spirit, Jess. Thanks for reinforcing my decision not to touch them, not even one. I don't know how you do it... with that much temptation, I'd probably break down and eat one, then more!