Today's Eyeopener!!

2»

Replies

  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,273 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    Using food as a reward doesn't promote a healthy relationship with food.

    it doesn't hinder it either for the most part....


    I think that depends on the individual. It can absolutely hinder a healthy relationship with food and is harmful for a lot of us. Love, one of the many many people in the world in recovery from an eating disorder.

    and that's my point....you cut my comment off...and that takes it out of context.

    If you have had a healthy relationship with food it will continue....as I said in my first comment (which you deleted out without indicating you have)

    having a healthy relationship with food is built based on years of "building it" from when you are a child to now...

    I "treat" myself with food all the time...high calorie foods are a treat and as long as I've done my work I will reward myself...."



    and to reiterate this....I come from the clean plate police generation where were told "clean your plate there are kids in this world starving" etc but I still maintain a decent relationship with food that allows for treats of food.

    PS please don't quote and eliminate without indicating that you have deleted parts of it so it makes it fit your argument better that's dirty pool.

    To me food "treats/rewards" are what I use to train my dog.

    Is a small portion of my diet high calorie/low nutrient "junk foods" or what some may call treats, sure. I just consider it part of normal eating.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,270 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    PS please don't quote and eliminate without indicating that you have deleted parts of it so it makes it fit your argument better that's dirty pool.

    Coffee is good in the morning so maybe I'm not awake enough to see the fine details... but, I've seen way more egregious quoting on MFP for this to be worth dirty pooling over it. Especially when I don't see the quoting as changing the core meaning of what was being quoted.

    Sexxy says: "Food reward OK under condition this and that".
    Red says: "Food reward NOT OK under condition this and that".

    No dirty pool that I can see. Both have conditions stated.

    And while incremental changes are good... my potatoes come in bags, not spoons!

    Furthermore it's one things to have food rewards (even though as a formerly obese person I would hesitate to espouse food rewards as a high percentage play) and another to tell oneself that every bite you're eating is a reward for being good.

    The second one sounds less healthy than the first... somewhere along the lines of ice water while shivering in winter...

    Sustainable changes? Check.
    Avoid eliminations other than in socially approved locations and situations? Check.
    Tricks to feel full faster and with less calories so you can stay on budget most of the time? Check and the more the merrier--just remain aware that it is not the trick that creates success, it is the fact that you're able to stay on budget that achieves that.

    And no drinking yellow water if you're in a pool!

    perception is reality...and your perception of what was done doesn't match mine.

    *shrugs* so be it.

  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,270 Member
    edited August 2021
    scarlett_k wrote: »


    PS please don't quote and eliminate without indicating that you have deleted parts of it so it makes it fit your argument better that's dirty pool.

    I was responding to a particular part of what you said; people can scroll up to see your full comment. I wasn't intentionally concealing something to manipulate a conversation. Not sure I've ever seen anyone say "by the way I've trimmed this quote for brevity, please read up for the full context" and I'm afraid I won't pander to that as I think it's a bit daft. Also clearly I don't know how to use the quote feature as I can't make my own comment not be a quote 🙃
    In responding to a statement it is fine to highlight the part you are responding to for sure...aka using bold and italics.

    As for indicating you've eliminated part of the quote don't clip it and you won't have to.

    as for pandering to a simple request then don't...I have very easy remedies if I feel I need to implement them.

    PS you seem to know how to use quotes enough to eliminate parts of it quite successfully.



  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 25,700 Member
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    Okay I think somewhere up the thread a bit of markup was removed or added... or there's a bug on my phone!

    Yes, if you quote something with an error, your post will also contain that error. But you can fix it by putting the {quote}{/quote} in the proper places. (I used {} instead of brackets.)
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 114 Member
    JbanX: You diabetic?? Just curious. Everyones situation is different. Diabetics biggest enemy is Bread and Potatoes.. (If you're trying to manage without insulin shots. Keep this in mind please before you poopoo someone. You see whats in front of the curtain. Not backstage.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,270 Member
    JbanX: You diabetic?? Just curious. Everyones situation is different. Diabetics biggest enemy is Bread and Potatoes.. (If you're trying to manage without insulin shots. Keep this in mind please before you poopoo someone. You see whats in front of the curtain. Not backstage.

    naw....

    when I talked to my diabetic brother....the one who's had it since he was 6....

    starches aren't his worst enemy...as a matter of fact he needs a set number of grams to be ok.

    what his worst enemy(s) are things like taking his insulin and having to wait too long to eat....yah that can kill him....literally...I've seen him in insulin shock before...it's not pretty.

    or someone not being totally informed on what is and isn't good for a diabetic...aka misinformation. Like bread and potatoes are his worst enemy...*shrugs*