Noom - For binge eaters

Options
I joined Noom in an attempt to finally break free of my binge eating disorder. I’m introverted and the thought of actually going to a therapist has always wigged me out. However, I’ve always known I’ll never defeat binge eating for good on my own.

Has anyone with a binge eating disorder tried Noom and actually broken free from binges?? 🤞🤞

Replies

• misslindeena
    misslindeena Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @go52182 - I don't want to share my experiences in a public forum. May I message you about this?
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    go52182 wrote: »
    It’s been a few weeks and for some reason no one has answered my question. Does that mean Noom hasn’t helped anyone here who has binges or people who are here who have binges haven’t tried Noom? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I posted this question after starting Noom because I wasn’t sure it would help me break free from binge eating. I’m here today to tell you YES, it will! It’s been 3 weeks and already my thinking has drastically changed. This program is 4 months. I am positive at the end I will have completely freed myself from the behavior chain that always led me to binges.

I didn't respond because I've never tried Noom, although I have at times struggled with binge eating (and drinking for that matter). Maybe I'm mellowing with age because neither is as much of a struggle for me as they used to be, but I will probably never be totally out of the woods. I clicked on your post because I'm interested in what others have tried and learned to avert binging behaviors.

Towards that end, can you say more about specific ways your thinking has changed? Always interested in learning insights.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,718 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    generally people should probably try to send a hi message to each other before they try to type something of length.... when it comes to non friends messaging on MFP there appear to exist "issues" and messages don't always (as in "often do not") make it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    @go52182 - I don't want to share my experiences in a public forum. May I message you about this?

just so you know, the two of you will need to add each other as friends for the messages to go through to each other
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    Sorry no one replied to your original post. I think different strategies work for different people. You will only know if it works for you if you try it. I haven’t used noom and don’t know anyone using it, so can’t provide any direct response to your original question.
    I’m glad it is working for you so far.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I tried Noom.
    I can see it’s value for others.
    It was a waste of money for me.

Spark People worked for me…. And they’re gone so here I am. And MFP is working for me now, too.