Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 161

Replies

• _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,784 Member
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    DW is in the market for a smart watch. Any recommendations? It looks like you can spend $$ to $$$$.

I love my Apple Watch but then I'm all in ... iPhone and MacBook Air :) (Disclosure ... also a stock holder for the past 15-20 years. It has been a great investment. LOL)

We bought my mother an Apple Watch for her birthday this year since she wanted a watch to monitor her steps and we wanted the fall detection since her husband passed away in 2020 and she lives alone in a remote area.

thx for the input!
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @_JeffreyD_ I had a Garmin for about five years. It syncs well with MFP including adding and subtracting calories when your steps are more or less than a usual day. My last one was coming to its end and I bit the bullet and bought the Apple watch. I love all the bells and whistles and the details I get on all my workouts, including swimming. The exercise syncs with MFP, but no credit for regular daily activity. I'm happy I made the change.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,793 Member
    @deepwoodslady, Donna, the calorie and macro count is from MFP. There are other recipe calorie calculators online. Also monkfruit sweetener is VERY sweet. I didn't eat any of these muffins, but my family didn't say they were too sweet. I plan on making them again for next week. If you consider making this recipe, you can wait on my opinion first.

CARBQUIK PUMPKIN MUFFINS
    16 servings regular sized muffins
    ~57 calories per muffin
    57Cal /13.8gCarbs/4.2gFat/2.8gProt

2 cup•Carbquick mix
    2 tsp•pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 tsp•baking soda
    1.5 tsp•baking powder
    1 cup•monkfruit-sweetener
    1 TB•Orange zest
    •Combine first 6 ingredients, set aside.

1 egg, slightly beaten
    4 ozs• Macadamia nut milk
    (any non dairy milk you prefer)
    1 TB•Orange juice
    1 cup•100% Pure pumpkin
    2 TB•melted butter
    2 tsp•orange or vanilla extract
    •Slightly beat egg and then mix with next 5 ingredients until combined. Blend dry ingredients into wet.

Batter is thick. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
    Preheat oven to 350° Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

The original recipe is Cranberry Pumpkin Bread from Tova Industries the makers of Carbquik.
    http://www.tovaindustries.com/carbalose/recipe.php

@tiabirdie56 Thanks for the recipe! I'll be traveling today and tomorrow but I will be trying it soon!