Women 200lb+, Let's Shine This September!!!

Options

Replies

• swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    When I had my mammogram, I was told I have dense breasts. That means they're all gland, and not much fat. And that means that no matter how much weight I lose, I'm not going to lose significant cup volume. So a reduction is in order. I'm currently a 34J. My worry is that the insurance company will decide that I have to do physical therapy before they will cover it. I have exercise intolerance as part of a post-viral syndrome, and the last time I had physical therapy they ignored that and I hurt so bad that I spent the rest of the day after therapy in bed and the following day on the couch. So we'll see. There's also the worry that since I need to lose about 80 more pounds, they'll say, "Come back when you've lost the weight." I'm trying to not ruminate too much and get myself in an anxious spiral.

I'll be interested to hear how the reduction process goes. I'm 50G at present and really hoping to lose significant cup volume myself.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @JNettie73 oh believe me, there will be video! I made a thread to chronicle my progress so I could keep all my thoughts about it in one place, it's over in Challenges I believe.

@swimmom_1 Standing on the threshold to Onederland! Also, that's a great NSV :)

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 good luck with the docs - hopefully the mammogram helps your case wrt the reduction getting approved. I also tend to be given a primary diagnosis of "fat" and summarily dismissed from doctor's offices, though, so I feel you there.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    @swanjun and @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - I had reduction surgery back in 2008. At that time my insurance would only cover based on the % removed to your overall body weight. I had a little over 3 lbs removed and was so happy I made that choice (and insurance did cover the procedure). The surgery and recovery was fairly easy too. I hope all goes well with your process!
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    you GOT this, @Renewed2021 !! September better be scared! :wink:
  • drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    girlinkaz wrote: »
    Friday weigh in!

Height: 5’6”
    SW: 222 (Feb ‘21)
    September SW: 157.4
    September GW: Maintenance between 150-154
    UGW: 150-154

(Aug 27: 161.1)
    Sept 3: 156.4
    Sept 10:
    Sept 17:
    Sept 24:

My Aug 27 weigh-in was inflated because of TOM but nevertheless I am shocked, delighted, and giddy over my loss over the last week. I’m going on vacation for a week tomorrow and it’s wonderful to be in such a great place mentally and physically prior to my trip. Over the weekend, I’m staying at a hotel that has a gym so I plan to keep up with my workout routine while there. Next week, I’ll be staying in a villa but I hope to be able to do some body weight exercises each day, as well as walking and swimming. Apparently, this new version of me craves an active vacation!

I met someone new this week and felt super nervous when they went to friend me on social media. I refuse to “clean up” my page because who I was is part of my story, even though I am a different person now. But still, it’s a little bit nerve-wracking because my physical appearance is SO different from what it once was. The last time I lost this amount of weight was in 2005, before social media really became a thing, so it felt more anonymous.

I’m starting to make a plan for a super slow transition to maintenance once I hit 154. My plan is to add back 100-150 calories per day every week until I’m in maintenance, so I don’t go back to eating loads of junk food because I suddenly have 800 extra calories available to me. My hope is that means I will slowly float down to 152-ish, with my “drop dead stop weight” set at 150 (I have a history of ED, though I’m doing tons better now, so I really need a stop weight).

I’m excited for the change from losing to recomp and I have a bunch of workouts planned for the next few months as I continue in my physical transformation. Fingers crossed I get to start moving in that direction this month!

Sending love to you all!

That's so exciting that you are starting a maintenance plan! Congratulations!!!! It's so encouraging!!!!
  • swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips for avoiding evening snacking? I do really well until then, following the prelog, resisting snacks in the afternoon, etc. But there's something about those last two hours where all the daily tasks are done that somehow makes me want to start munching on things. They're not awful things necessarily—light string cheese, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches...—but they do add up and nudge me over my calorie goal. I've tried brushing my teeth after my post-dinner shower to signal to my brain that eating time is over, but that doesn't seem to help.