Women 200lb+, Let's Shine This September!!!

Options

Replies

• swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've just got yourself trained to want a snack at 9 PM (or whatever time it ends up being for you). There's a couple things you could do. In no particular order:
    • Replace the reward: cultivate a hobby that requires clean hands or creates dirty ones, which you engage in right before bed. Perhaps a fiber art of some kind - you ever wanted to learn how to crochet?
    • Exhaust the stimulus: when the clock strikes 9 and you start salivating, drink a glass of water and go do something else for 20 minutes. If it's 9:30 and you're still hankering for a little somethin', drink another glass of water and start your pre-bedtime routine, whatever that looks like for you.
    • Accept it: pre-log the late night snacks, too. Find a way to fit them into your budget. The body doesn't know or care what time you eat something - unless you're literally an Olympic athlete you do not have to worry about nutrient timing, so if you can fit the cheese stick or whatever into your budget...just eat the damn thing and move on with your life.

Thanks for the advice! I actually do know how to crochet, but it aggravates my carpal tunnel, so I'm afraid that's out. But I'll try a combination of the latter two! Perhaps allowing myself a single 150-calorie ice cream sandwich and then having some water will suffice.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    @swanjun I agree with @goal06082021 about the tea. When I started I would drink herbal fruit flavored tea with nothing added every night. I have a major sweet tooth and started eating fruit and greek yogurt instead of my old cakes, cookies, etc. I no longer crave sweets like I used to. I have been making homemade ice cream in my new ice cream maker, but I don’t eat it every day and I stick with a half cup serving. But I had to get past my sugar cravings before I could do that.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @wendygotthis Welcome! I love your username, that's a great attitude to have. When you say "alternative movement methods," alternative to what - what are your specific limitations?
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'11"

SW: 226.6

September GW: 214
    Ultimate GW: 175

This month I'll check in on Fridays.
    September 1: 219.6
    September 3: 219.6
    September 10:
    September 17:
    September 24:

Goals:
    🌸 Focus on the 98% of my day that is mental mindset, good habits, and having a plan, rather than the 2% of my day that's the workout
    🌸 Log everything
    🌸 Stay hopeful

Things I'm looking forward to:
    * Autumn. DIE, MOSQUITOES, DIE!!
    * I have a big outdoor event coming up in November and I'd like my winter clothes to fit better. I want to be able to wear a sweater under my coat without feeling so uncomfortable.
  • 57pattycake
    57pattycake Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 260 June 1, 2021
    CW: 223.8 Sept 1, 2021

9/04: 222.8
    9/11:
    9/18:
    9/25:
    9/30:
    GW for September 215lbs -8.8lbs
    UGW 160ish

Lost 1 pound exactly which is okay with me since it was a short week and I'm still adjusting to my return to work. Unfortunately, I did miss my usual daily exercise routine twice this week. Since the Covid layoff my sleeping and eating norms have changed – some for the good some for the bad. I’m not used to the standing work my job requires but hope I’ll adjust to that too. Thanks to everyone for being here again this month!

@JNettie73 – wow 50lbs! That’s wonderful! Good for you! I can't wait for the pics.

@sargemarcori -That 1 stinking pound is still a loss. And I don’t think of it as whining – I like to call it “venting”

@goal06082021 - You are braver than me with those spiders. Even the small ones give me High Anxiety and would have forced me to run as fast as my chubby legs would take me.

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.
    Original starting weight: 257.8 1/14/21

September Start Weight: 219.2 (8/31/21)
    September Goal Weight: 216.0
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

Sept 4: 218.9 -(0.3)
    Sept 11:
    Sept 18:
    Sept 25:
    Sept 30:

My left hip has been bothering me the last couple of days. I have 2 bulging discs in my lower back so I have to be careful. I had L4/5 surgery 20 years ago. So I may back off of my exercise for a few days and see if it feels better.

I'm right there with you :(
    I had L4/L5 surgery 8 years ago and L5/S1 8 years before that. My back has been hurting all week and I'm on Day 3 of total bedrest. I reherniated L4 a few years ago and it's always so scary to think it might be time again. I'm sincerely hoping that it will start to feel better on its own with rest, heat, gentle stretches, CBD/THC pain cream and massive amounts of anti-inflammatories.

Wishing you all the best spine health! <3<3
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    Options