JFT- Sunday September 5
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk 15 minutes
    Arm something
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,580 Member
    Options
    Hour colmitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 6 September

The weekend escaped and I need to catch up on my logging. I won’t have been in the green but I did do my exercise.

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Goals for today

- Log food
    - drink atleast 6 waters.

That's it, nice and simple.
    Can't do any exercise at the minute. I slept funny 3 days ago and my neck muscle is still absolutely killing me. It's not let up at all.
    Ibuprofen does nothing not even the stronger muscle and joints one. Neither does paracetamol. Neither does Voltarol cream.
    I didn't have any heatpacks but found I could put dry rice in a sock, tie the sock and microwave it (god I love the internet sometimes) it helps a little but not for long and I just can't put my head in any sort of position where it's comfy and not straining. Feel like I need a neck brace 😂

Have a good day everyone :) x
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday 6th Sept.

Stay under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk
    Sewing repairs, just do it!
    Clear up kitchen
    Arms something
    One extra job

Word for 2021 Strength
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    JFT 09/06 (Mon)
    - Vitamins
    - Walk
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps/5 flights of stairs
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Clean the house
    - Log everything/Stay green
    - Screens off 10:30, bed 11
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Labor Day holiday, so thankfully I've got another day to get up to speed. My daughter's family is coming over for a laid-back lunch and maybe a swim, summer's last hurrah before school starts for them on Wednesday. So a quiet day.

Sunday 9/5
    • Log everything - :)
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium - :)
    • Water - :)
    • Work on course modules - :/ Not so much, but at least I made a start.

JFT Monday 9/6
    • Log everything
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium
    • Water
    • Work on course modules
    • Send welcome emails to students
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It's been a few days. Just been busy and such. Lol.

But I'm back!

JFT, 9/6/21

-up by 4:20✅
    - take AM meds✅/🛑I forgot the new one bc it's on my kitchen table instead of the bathroom sink.
    - make it to work early✅Technically. I ended up dozing in the car in the parking lot. Lol. I've been so so so tired recently.
    - update JFT✅
    - Pick up the damn car registration!!!!
    - do the dishes
    - look at Plottr for 4 Act Structure
    - NO NAP!!!!
    - cook dinner
    - shower
    - take 4 pm med!
    - teeth/pm meds
    - lists
    - bed by 8:30
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hour committent - still on vacation. Leaving for next place. Just finished coffee stuff. I won’t eat again until something for lunch after 12 pm. No desserts with lunch today. I still need to take my metamusal right before we leave here, but I’m waiting as long as I can for that.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Didn't get on here at all yesterday .. was working in the yard the entire day lifting bricks, and relaying them. Only to look at them today .. and they are crooked. So .... I will be out there relaying them today :/ . I should have quit when I was getting tired, but I wanted to finish at least the one row. This is for a flower bed ... I have three rows of paver bricks that are sinking into the ground. So relaying them, plus making it larger.. but thats the first thing hubby noticed .. they are not parallel with the other rows! Darn .. oh well... good exercise.
    But I got in a nice 5 mile walk this morning while talking to my SIL. Feeling lazy, but ... figured I'd just head out and get started!

JFT, Monday Sept 5
    1. log ALL food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. dinner tonite:hamburgers and watermelon
    4. practice keyboard at least 15 minutes
    5. clean house
    6. start on latch hook rug
    7. work on quilt .. its a fall wall hanging, so need to get it finished!
    8. work on pavers in backyard

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options

JFT:
    1. Make 24 hour plan: meals, goals and why’s 🌟
    2. Assess yesterday’s 24 hour plan 🌟
    3. 64+ oz water ❌ Shopped most of the day, so didn't have access to as much water as I should have...
    4. Close activity rings on my watch ❌ Shopped most of the day with mom but my watch didn't count all the standing and walking as activity. Knees too sore to take walk later. Boo...
    5. Take mom shopping 🌟 JoAnn Fabrics, Barnes & Nobles, Dollar General and Dollar Tree.
    6. Finish quilt top. (Just need to add border.) ❌ Got home too late. Was just plain tired!
    7. Journal. 🌟
    8. Bed on time and lights out by 10:30 🌟

I joined a weight loss group a little over a year ago. It's the program from which @mytime6630 posts links to the podcasts. I was finding it difficult to do the plans and journaling and podcasts for that program and also log in here, but I miss you guys being in my daily life so I am going to find a way to do both. The part I find the most ridiculous is that I had plenty of time when I was working to do both! Now that I'm retired, it feels difficult. I couldn't figure out why but then it struck me...I used to sit on a lot of conference calls and many of them really didn't even affect my job! I used that time to do my computer stuff! Now I hardly ever even log on to my laptop. Crazy how much life has changed over the past year...

Anyway, I do have a few questions because I have not been able to catch up on all the posts I've missed yet...

@bookmeister86 Is it correct that you have purchased a house? Is it all you dreamed of? I'm so excited for you and I'm trying to go back and see what I missed but thought it might be easier to just ask you! lol

@HEGoddard0928 NICE Jeep! Good for you! How is your husband? Is he doing any better? Are you still writing? Blogging?

@Bex953172 How are you all doing? Are the girls all in school or day care now? Do you still have the same number for What's App?

@Snowflake1968 If I remember correctly, you were going to take a trip to see an old friend...is that right? Are you still going to be doing that or did you already? Are you still working at the nursing home? Did you get to have a summer up there finally weather-wise?

@ZizzyBumble Did you sell your house?

@cschmitz110515 Carmella, are you retiring soon or was that someone else? How has your summer been? I see you list fun things about listening to music at parks and I think to myself "how is it we live in the same city and I never even know about these concerts?" LOL!! Easy answer is because I am a hermit... Did you get to the farmer's market this year a lot? I've been to the Thursday on Military one a few times but not to the Saturday morning's market. It's been so dang hot and humid that I haven't done much outside. I even missed Art Street this year because of company being in town and having other commitments! I love Art Street so was especially bummed about that.

I have more questions but I have to get moving here if I'm going to get any of my goals done today! LOL I feel like a kid returning to school on the first day and seeing all my friends I missed over the summer... :wink:

Just For Monday:
    1. Make 24 hour plan: meals, goals and why’s 🌟 Already Done.
    2. Assess yesterday’s 24 hour plan 🌟 Already Done.
    3. 64+ oz water
    4. Close activity rings on watch
    5. Pick up Rx and items on list.
    6. Finish quilt top. (final border.)
    7. Daily Journal and Gratitude Journal
    8. Listen to Bible App, read from Simple Abundance, New Day New You and other inspirational book.
    9. Lights out by 10:30

WOTY: Determined

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - healthy lunch, now I won’t eat again until dinner with DH. No desserts the rest of today!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB
    Hey I have a new number, I have just messaged you on WhatsApp but it's only showing 1 tick (Not delivered) which could be many reasons like new number, phone's off or the apps been deleted.
    Let us know and PM me if you got a new number. X
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Eugh I'm going GP tomorrow with this pulled neck.
    I dunno if it's a trapped nerve, I've never had it happen so I wouldn't know lol

It feels like I've pulled my neck muscle but it's shooting towards my shoulder and throbbing slightly. I cant exactly pin point the location to massage it.
    I'd rate the pain 7 or 8 out of 10 though and no amount of painkillers is even touching it.
    Worst part is, I have to walk to the GP which is about a mile. But I have to go with Casey and with the distance she will need to go on her push along trike (which will hurt my shoulder) or else she'll want picking up .. which will hurt more. So it's like picking the lesser of two evils. I did ask Ash but he's busy at some point tomorrow and not sure what time so I can't risk leaving her with him otherwise he's stuck where he can't go out at all. Unless of course he has a more precise time in the morning, we'll see.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Short run.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch.
    3. Test Prep Class: Clois! Send Remind message. Check math section and update grades; enter.
    4. Pit Crew: Read NSPOS. Reply to emails. Call nurse to check on refills. Create essay summary.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. Phone calls???
    6. English Class: Enter late work. Update blog.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Write Clois.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Fold laundry.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (NSPOS) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 197.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Boy. I've really gained since school started. Imagine that.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT- Sunday September 5
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 🙂
    Walk 15 minutes - 🙂
    Arm something - 🙂

JFT- Monday September 6
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk 15 minutes
    Arm something

@ PackerfaninGB- if that was in March then yes I did. That friendship is no longer now though and it breaks my heart.
    We did have a beautiful summer. It went so fast!

Hi to everyone, I’m beat and had a busy day. I’ll try harder tomorrow night.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday 6th Sept.

Stay under maintenance yes
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises yes
    Walk no
    Sewing repairs, just do it! I didn't do it, will post it every day until repairs are done!
    Clear up kitchen yes
    Arms something no
    One extra job paid mum's bills

I started well yesterday but it didn't continue. Eating was okay, but I just can't raise any enthusiasm to do anything. I'm tired and sore and sad. I could have gone for a walk in the evening but I didn't bother. I will keep trying though, will start today with a shower and hair wash.

JFT Tuesday 7th Sept

Keep under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk
    Sewing repairs
    Visit care home and speak to manager re hospital visit. Different staff telling me different things. I think they are trying to get me to say I'll do the visit myself. It's a home full of old people, surely they must have a system for hospital visits, my mother will not be the first?
    Arms something
    One extra job

Word for 2021 Strength

• Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Morning all!

Goals for today

- Log food ❌
    - drink atleast 6 waters.✔️

Well I didn't log my food but got my waters in. Necks completely messed up now. It's all seized up. So my head's stuck tilted to the left. It's excruciating.
    Already rang the Drs. They do a phone consultation first and then if you need to be seen they book you in to come in. I reckon they will have to do some prodding and poking to figure out what I've actually done.

But atleast I can get some strong painkillers x