JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Another gorgeous day, weather-wise. Lots to do to prepare for tomorrow, so just posting goals for now.

Monday 9/6
    • Log everything - :)
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium - :)
    • Water - :)
    • Work on course modules - :| Minimal
    • Send welcome emails to students - :| Worked on the text, but I need to check in with my department coordinator before I send it later today

JFT Tuesday 9/7
    • Log everything
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium
    • Water
    • Check with dept coordinator on covid protocols
    • Stop by campus to pick up supplies and check key
    • Curriculum meeting
    • Follow-up with primary care doc
    • Work on course modules
    • Send welcome emails to students

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Holy crow, there're 38 posts since I checked on JFT! I'll catch up later. Sat. was great day out of town with family at my sister's house, first time many of us have been all together in almost two years. Then I just couldn't bother to log on long holiday weekend.

JFT T 9/7 ~ Thunderstorms in morning so no dog walk & planned rest day.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water
    3) PA-E&T testing / 12:00 Facebook Live / email backlog / submit PTO request form for tomorrow afternoon
    4) No definite evening plans since hubby is on PTO this week <3
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    It's been a few days. Just been busy and such. Lol.

But I'm back!

JFT, 9/6/21

-up by 4:20βœ…
    - take AM medsβœ…/πŸ›‘I forgot the new one bc it's on my kitchen table instead of the bathroom sink.
    - make it to work earlyβœ…Technically. I ended up dozing in the car in the parking lot. Lol. I've been so so so tired recently.
    - update JFTβœ…
    - Pick up the damn car registration!!!!πŸ›‘
    - do the dishesβœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…
    - look at Plottr for 4 Act StructureπŸ˜‚So I logged ontp the program for the first time since a new update on 8/31. Well it turns out they added a template for a cozy mystery...so all of the 4 act structure research I did was pretty pointless. But I spent like an hour going through the template reading and filling in different main plot points. So I'm finally making so progress!
    - NO NAP!!!!πŸ˜‘Kind of? I cuddled with Matt for a while and I think I was in and out of a doze.
    - cook dinnerπŸ›‘
    - showerπŸ›‘
    - take 4 pm med!βœ…
    - teeth/pm medsβœ…
    - listsπŸ›‘
    - bed by 8:30βœ…

I see many faces that have come back! That makes me so happy! I have to go back through and read/update you wonderful ladies when I get home from work bc my break is pretty much over.😩

JFT 9/7/21
    - up by 520βœ…πŸ˜‚someone changed the schedule at work and didn't tell me. So I was 45 minutes late. Thankfully my manager called me and was like wtf? Lol

- work 5-1πŸ›‘was 45 minutes late
    - update JFTβœ…
    - PICK UP THE DAMN REGISTRATION
    - take a shower!!!
    - cook *kitten* dinner
    - 4pm meds
    - take out the bathroom/kitchen trash
    - work on cozy template
    - go through cozy notes
    - gather all the dirty clothes throughout the house
    - teeth/meds
    - bed by 11(day off tomorrow!)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member

Just For Monday:
    1. Make 24 hour plan: meals, goals and why’s βœ… Already Done.
    2. Assess yesterday’s 24 hour plan βœ… Already Done.
    3. 64+ oz water ❌ 50 oz, so close but no cigar. (Is that even a saying anymore? Dang, I’m getting old!)
    4. Close activity rings on watch. βœ…
    5. Pick up Rx and items on list. ❌. Decided to wait until Tuesday so I wouldn’t have to deal with holiday crowds.
    6. Finish quilt top. (final border.). ❌
    7. Daily Journal and Gratitude Journal. βœ…
    8. Listen to Bible App, read from Simple Abundance, New Day New You and other inspirational book. βœ…
    9. Lights out by 10:30. ❌ Started watching a movie and couldn’t turn it off! πŸ™„

There are way too many ❌s for yesterday. I got sidetracked because my husband finished up what he was working on early and I am so easily distracted! I did pretty well with my meals and goals yesterday except I didn’t hit my water. I drank coffee later into the day than I should have and didn’t get walk in with my dog until dusk. Was a pretty walk and I heard the owls in the same spot I heard them last two years at dusk. I forgot how much I like walking at that time of day. So quiet and lots of critters.

Unfortunately for me, my dog also likes walking at that time of night because of all the critters! We got almost all the way home, were actually stepping into the corner of our yard, and I let my guard down. Maddie spotted a rabbit and took off like a shot pulling the leash right out of my hand! Of course she took off through our neighbors bushes, and got the leash wrapped around the bottom of one. Guess who got to crawl through the bushes and try to get her untangled? Yep! It was me. That was fun.., πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

@Snowflake1968 I'm sorry to hear your friendship is no more. I was so excited for your trip! I hope you enjoyed getting away at least. πŸ’ž

@Bex953172 I got your Whats App message! Thanks for updating me with new number. I will reply after my hair appointment! I’m so sorry about your neck pain. I’ll bet you have a pinched nerve. Those are so painful! You might need to go to physical therapy to have manipulation. (((HUGS)))

Have a nice day everyone!

Just For Tuesday:
    1. Make 24 hour plan: meals, goals and why’s
    2. Assess yesterday’s 24 hour plan
    3. 64+ oz water
    4. Close activity rings on watch.
    5. Pick up Rx and items on list.
    6. Get hair cut and the grays colored. (Yay!)
    7. Go to grandson’s football game tonight if not too tired. It’s an hour away from here and I’m not real good with my eyesight when driving at night.
    8. Daily Journal and Gratitude Journal.
    9. Listen to Bible App, read from Simple Abundance, New Day New You and other inspirational book.
    10. Lights out by 10:30.

WOTY: Determined

• Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Things kind of fell off the rails for me yesterday...Then I woke up late today and have a long, busy day. Work until 5:30, then have to go straight to the tattoo shop to get work done on my chest piece (When the appointment was originally scheduled, I had the day off...but then things changed...oh well). Just going to try and do my best and be kind to myself, and make good choices.

JFT 09/07 (Tues)
    - 64 oz of water
    - Log everything/Stay green
    - Do at least some stretching/yoga
    - Shower
    - Clean the litter box
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member

JFT, Monday Sept 5
    1. log ALL food :)
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. dinner tonite:hamburgers and watermelon :) Our daughter came out ... but she was sick with a deep cough and sore throat. So we just sat outside and visited, while she joined us for hamburger. But .. I ended up throwing the entire watermelon away. When I cut it open.. it just did not look right, and tasted awful.There was $4.00 down the drain! But I had blueberries and strawberries.. so made a yogurt parfait... very patriotic looking.
    4. practice keyboard at least 15 minutes :)
    5. clean house :/
    6. start on latch hook rug :)
    7. work on quilt .. its a fall wall hanging, so need to get it finished! :)
    8. work on pavers in backyard :) Worked in the yard from 11 until 4 again! So much more work than I expected it to be .. but its looking nice.

JFT, Monday Sept 5
    1. log ALL food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. dinner tonite: sliced turkey sandwiches and baked beans
    4. practice keyboard at least 15 minutes
    5. clean house
    6. work on latch hook rug
    7. work on quilt . -- ALmost finished so I can hang it.
    8. work on pavers in backyard -- going to redo some that do not look level,and last row to do
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    Well the drs was useless.
    Just got strong painkillers (cocodamol) and diazepam for muscle relaxant. And the worst thing is I don't even know where my prescriptions gone. I rang ahead, a lady said they had it, I got there, and the man working there saying they don't. I was in too much pain to argue so just bought cocodamol instead but it's no where near the strength I need. So will hunt that down tomorrow.

I think what's more useless is that they just did the telephone consultation. How could they possibly know what's wrong without physically checking my neck and shoulder.

I've had more help off strangers today than anyone.
    Firstly my friend from school went to the shop and bought me heat packs and ibuprofen gel.
    One mum at the school said she'd had frozen shoulder before. I asked what that was like and sounded exactly like my symptoms.
    Then when I went to get my prescription, in the elevator a man and lady realised my head was tilted and stiff and asked if I was okay. I explained and they gave loads of advice, the man even told me what stretches to do!
    Faith in humanity restored.

May ring the Dr again the day after tomorrow and see if I can get anything further done because I can't do anything at all.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited September 2021
    Hour commitlent - ate leftovers from yesterday for my early lunch. We’re leaving for a long hike soon. I won’t eat again until dinner with DH unless I want some of the watermelon when we get back.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    edited September 2021
    πŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸŒΎπŸ„πŸŒΎπŸ‚πŸπŸ„
    πŸ„πŸπŸ‚ SEPTEMBER πŸ‚πŸπŸ„
    πŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸŒΎπŸ„πŸŒΎπŸ‚πŸπŸ„
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

I had a busy first week. Some of my social activities have restarted, with the relevant Covid regulations. They are small groups well spaced out in ventilated rooms. I didn't realise how much I was missing the social interaction.

I haven't had time to catch up on the posts, but I do notice that several of our friends who hadn't been here for awhile are back. It's good to see you posting again, <> @Bex953172 <> @PackerFanInGB <> @beachwalker99
    And great to see all those πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚, @mytime6630

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] 1 Aug: 143.2
    [*] 1 Sept: 142.9
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 84.1 (SmartScale app)

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    September goal: maintenance

Daily Habits:
    Wed: πŸ„ Thu: πŸ„ Fri: πŸ„ Sat: πŸ„ Sun: πŸ„ Mon: πŸ„ Tue: πŸ„
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 7/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 β€”>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green βœ… 7/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 7/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 7/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 7/7

🌹Positive Intentions for Wed 8 Sept:
    [*] Meditation
    [*] Weigh/post weight
    [*] Journal - Tiny Habits 10+ minutes
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Weekly grocery shopping
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV
    [*] Crochet
    [*] Keep up to date with email
    [*] Daily goals update

πŸ“ September Challenge πŸ“ Write > 10 minutes in Journal πŸ““
    πŸ““πŸ““πŸ““πŸ““πŸ““πŸ““πŸ““

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    edited September 2021
    [/b]jloujls6xj53.png
    πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„

Did someone ask for a graphic for a September challenge? πŸ˜‚

I plan my meals weekly. I started doing it when I was teaching so that I didn't have to think what I was going to have each night. I keep the weekly menus similar as it makes it much easier. I just buy a different kind of Sunday roast every week, and then base the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday meals on that particular roast. We also have a set meal on the other days.
    Thursday -salad
    Friday - fresh salmon/veg/potatoes/grilled tomato
    Saturday - frozen venison or steak burger/beans/potatoes/grilled tomato
    We deviate from the plan whenever we feel like something different.
    DH and I share the cooking. I do the prep, he stacks the dishwasher.
    This week we had roast beef on Sunday, cold roast and veg on Monday, and Chilli con Carne with noodles tonight. Tomorrow we will have the leftover chilli with rice.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. 1m run. Calisthenics.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch.
    3. Test Prep Class: Clois! Input grades. Professor survey.
    4. Pit Crew: Read NSPOS. Reply to emails. Call nurse to check on refills. Create essay summary.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. Phone calls???
    6. English Class: Enter current work. Lesson.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Write video description.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Fold laundry.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (NSPOS) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. SATURDAY VOLUNTEERING AT DOWNTOWN LIBRARY STARTING AT NOON!!!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 195.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Boy. I've really gained since school started. Imagine that.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,561 Member
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow. Eating out all the time certainly is tougher!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member
    edited September 2021

JFT Tuesday 7th Sept

Keep under maintenance yes, I think so
    Back exercises just a few
    Foot exercises no
    Walk went to the play park and walked round housing scheme, not exactly exercise but at least I went out for an hour
    Sewing repairs nope
    Visit care home and speak to manager re hospital visit. hopefully sorted now
    Arms something completely forgot
    One extra job too sore for extra jobs but got some stuff done

JFT Wednesday 8th Sept

Log everything
    Keep under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Sewing repairs, again!
    Walk, and collect covid tests from pharmacy
    Arms something
    One extra job
    To Do list

I've quickly written a To Do list with about 20 things on it. In the days when I worked full time I'd have half of the jobs done before I went to work, so no excuses. I need to speed up a bit!

Word for 2021 Strength

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    @littleblackskirt sorry to hear of the difficulties with your mum. Hopefully it is sorted now and you can relax a bit knowing it is taken care of.

@Snowflake1968 Sorry you are working such long days. Is this your new normal, or just a blip? Anyway take care!

@Bex953172 the neck thing is awful, I can't believe they didn't actually see you and put hands on you. Telemed is great for some things, but it isn't a one size fits all solution. Hope you get this sorted soon.

As for me, things are ok other than the fact that my weight is OUT OF CONTROL. I just keep gaining and I know why, but I just can't seem to fix it. I just keep buying bigger clothes, which is not a good solution. On an up note if I start losing, I have a whole closet of sizes to shop from of really cute stuff.

Tim and V are finally starting to feel better after both missed a week of school/work for being ill. It was just some random virus, not Covid, not strep so they just had to wait it out. Somehow I managed to avoid it. For that I am very grateful, they were truly miserable.

My mom is still slipping further into dementia, I had asked her to hem a dress for Vanessa's homecoming because we bought it last minute and didn't have time for alterations at the boutique. We explained what we wanted several times, and she texted me several times and still she did it differently than requested. It was a tricky situation, we wanted her to fix it, but she had spent a lot of time doing it the first time. I apologized for not writing down the directions and asked her to redo it. She was irritated, and said I should learn to sew, but didn't get angry. That's progress.

Got my hair colored and cut yesterday. Back to being a brunette, and I really like the color. I also decided to try bangs again, that I'm unsure about. I'll post a picture when I actually fix it myself, I never really like how the hairdresser styles it and I barely brushed it this morning.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:15
    - Protein bar for breakfast
    - Complete V's Foreign Exchange application now that I got the recommendation from her teacher. :smiley:
    - Global Lab stuff
    - Home for lunch because I forgot it in the fridge
    - Pick up V's Homecoming dress from mom
    - See if mom has her receipt for personal property taxes so I can renew her car registration.
    - Log food
    - Bed by 11:30
    - No alcohol

Have a great Wednesday y'all!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    @MLHC1 Hope you are recovering well. Take it easy. Much love and many prayers.
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Haven't had many productive days lately...I've just been so tired, and so busy. Last nights tattoo appointment really drained me, and we got home late because we stopped for a drink and food. It was just supposed to be an appetizer, but it was the size of TWO whole meals, I swear!
    I've been thinking about talking to my doctor about my quality of sleep...I have so much trouble with it, and I wake up feeling exhausted and not wanting to get out of bed. Even when I follow my routine to a T.
    Just going to keep on trying...

JFT 09/08 (Wed)
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps/5 flights of stairs
    - 10 mindful minutes/stretch break
    - Catch up on paperwork
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Screens off 10:30, bed by 11
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited September 2021
    @Snowflake1968 Sorry you are working such long hours, hope it ends for you soon.

@MLHC1 Wishing well to you on your road to recovery!

@littleblackskirt Hugs to you!

@pridesabtch Funny that you don't like how the hairdresser styles your hair, I feel the same! When I "style" it myself, I'm fine with how she cuts it.

Recap T 9/7 ~ Planned rest day... thunderstorms in morning so no dog walk.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :neutral: not sure now that I don't wear tracker
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :s Hubby off work this week & we ate KFC for supper. Net cals def red. 11c water.
    3) PA-E&T testing / 12:00 Facebook Live / email backlog / submit PTO request form for tomorrow afternoon = 4/4
    4) No definite evening plans since hubby is on PTO this week <3:smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 5/6

JFT W 9/8 ~ Afternoon off from work
    1) Walked dog 3.85 mi before work, saw two cranes low in flight on their journey south :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water
    3) PA-E&T testing (only two criteria left besides extension) / keep up w/ emails
    4) 2:00 vet for Kitty's annual check-up / something on ta-da list / figure out supper / evening with hubby
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

This morning, pulled on pair of pants that fit six months ago, but not now. If that's not a warning signal, I don't know what is. I need to STOP all the eating. I cannot exercise my way to weight-loss.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    Haven't had many productive days lately...I've just been so tired, and so busy. Last nights tattoo appointment really drained me, and we got home late because we stopped for a drink and food. It was just supposed to be an appetizer, but it was the size of TWO whole meals, I swear!
    I've been thinking about talking to my doctor about my quality of sleep...I have so much trouble with it, and I wake up feeling exhausted and not wanting to get out of bed. Even when I follow my routine to a T.
    Just going to keep on trying...

JFT 09/08 (Wed)
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps/5 flights of stairs
    - 10 mindful minutes/stretch break
    - Catch up on paperwork
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Screens off 10:30, bed by 11

Probably worth trying the doctor for lack of sleep. I feel like that all the time. I always feel tired when I wake up.
    Mines due to having an underactive thyroid though.
    I have a smart watch that also monitors my sleep. For some reason I barely get any deep sleep and as of recently lots of REM sleep. But I can't ever recall dreaming!

I hope you manage to figure it out!