Women 200lb+, Let's Shine This September!!!

Options

Replies

• tinaBawesome
    tinaBawesome Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello, Tina from WI. I could use some more Motivation! I just turned 46, have lost 54 lbs. so far and have another (at least) 100 to go. I have some health ailments that get in my way, but I'm determined to keep losing. Feel free to add me if you want. Thanks.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @pandemonium1997 I sent you a friend request.
    @tinaBawesome I sent you a friend request.

@Deanner03 yea sometimes it’s just like that. We have to figure out the changes that are sustainable for us. Back in 2005 I had lost 60lbs, but doing the things that while great for weight loss were not sustainable for me so I gained everything back. This time I’m working on the sustainable habits. My weight loss is very slow. So it’s life. There’s no deadline. We just have to keep chugging along.

@sargemarcori Agree with above. If you can remove the worst offenders that might be helpful. There are things I can moderate and some things I just can’t when it’s at my house. Many times if I have the worst items somewhere else (outside the house) I can moderate there as well without issue. Certainly have a conversation with the family if needed for why it’s important to you. Try the bin advice; I know when I’ve had chips in the house that were put out of eyesight I’ve forgotten about them after a while. It’s about figuring out what you need. There’s always the classic, go brush your teeth when you’re tempted to eat the things that aren’t fitting in your goals that day. Otherwise see about fitting whatever can be moderated into your day. When I really want cookies or cake I plan it in as best as I can; for those I plan them in until they’re gone too so they aren’t in the house that long.
  • wildstarsgirl
    wildstarsgirl Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Congrats, swimmom!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    @swimmom_1 congrats on reaching Onederland! Way to go! 🎉👏🏻👏🏻💪
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    @wildstarsgirl
    @jazzadesigns
    Thank you both so much!
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    September Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 26
    Height 5'10"
    SW 246.9 on 7/13/2021
    CW 234.8
    GW for September: 228
    GW for end of 2021: 205
    UGW 180

9/1: 235.1
    9/8: 233.5 (-1.6 pounds)
    9/15:
    9/22:
    9/30:
    Total month loss:

Non-weight progress: Can now do 8 inclined push-ups in a row at mid-thigh level, and added 15 seconds to my plank! Also found my old fitbit, and it's apparently fairly easy to get 10k steps when you live in an apartment and have to take the dog on walks.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @justanotherloser007 I'm in SE Florida :) I see the occasional snake on my walks too, usually black racers. It's so wild the way they move! They usually panic and vamoose once I lumber into view. I saw one once, must have been 4-5 feet long, about as big around as a quarter at most so just a little guy - he was having a nice time, warming himself on a patch of sunny sidewalk, then I came up and I swear you could almost *hear* the "oh, s***!" as he practically flipped off the sidewalk and vanished into the undergrowth.

It sounds like you've hit your stride and have a good plan for moving forward, hopefully the impending doc visits are productive!
  • swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Age 47 5’6”

SW 322
    CW 318.5

Goal: Lose 8 lbs this month.
    Goal: Resist temptation, particularly in the evenings. I do well until then, generally.
    Goal: For bloodwork in November, I want to make sure my A1C is still in normal range (5.4% when last tested).

9/1 320
    9/8 318.5
    9/15
    9/22
    9/29

It's been a really stressful week. One of my kitties had to have emergency surgery on Monday and ugh. To be honest, I am pretty surprised I managed to lose anything at all. I guess the occasional salad for lunch and broccoli/cauliflower in lieu of potatoes with dinner actually compensated for the evening snacking I did.

I'll just keep plugging away. I get really bored of entering stuff in MFP so I just try to be mindful of carbs and I guess that's helping so far.