60 this year and lost 1/2 my body weight

Options

Replies

• Sharon7986
    Sharon7986 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Inspiring journey! I'm close to your height and by the time my journey ends I too will have lost 1/2 my original weight! (Still have a long way to go.) Congratulations!

Thank you. I'm very grateful that losing half my weight is actually target weight for me. I know there are a lot of people out there for whom losing 1/2 the weight will still make them obese. Stay well, Sharon
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    swanjun wrote: »
    Why don't we make a community/group of women who are in their 50's who need to lose half their body weight? I think we could do a lot to support each other! :) What do you all think? @pdd1216 @Jem594 @cymande1961 and anyone else! :)

I'm 47, but the rest still applies. Could I join, too?

Hi there, I've set up a group and sent you an invite. Hopefully if I did it correctly you should have got it. Obviously there is a time difference . The group is called Friends that Lunch
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi @Sharon7986 ! I would love to join the group as well, if possible :smile:

• Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sharon, could you please resend my invite. I'd like to join. thanks
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    Jem594 wrote: »
    Sharon, could you please resend my invite. I'd like to join. thanks
    I’ve just resent it to you (hopefully!)
  • ldarter
    ldarter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well done, Sharon. That's inspiring.
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    I’m proof that it’s never too late to change! It took me almost 60 years but at last I worked out what it takes to get to target. I hope you’re doing well on whatever journey you’re on
  • snodger13
    snodger13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome. I am 60 in 5 weeks and need to stop complaining about being overweight and inactive and just do something about it. Well done on your journey. Mark
  • cjborth71
    cjborth71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Clare and I'm on day one. Not got quite half my body weight to loose but not a kick in the ar*e away from it. I'll be 50 the end of this year and would enjoy being part of a group for the, lets say 'more mature' ladies on this journey as I think we can now all appreciate the slow struggle of weight loss and the fast journey of weight gain since menopause.
    So how do we go about this??
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    cjborth71 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Clare and I'm on day one. Not got quite half my body weight to loose but not a kick in the ar*e away from it. I'll be 50 the end of this year and would enjoy being part of a group for the, lets say 'more mature' ladies on this journey as I think we can now all appreciate the slow struggle of weight loss and the fast journey of weight gain since menopause.
    So how do we go about this??

Hi Clare, I've sent you an invite to join the group I have just set up over the weekend. I'm an old hand with MFP, but a complete novice when it comes to Social Media. Do join if you fancy a chat. I seem to be a rarer breed - I'm in the UK
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    snodger13 wrote: »
    Wow that is awesome. I am 60 in 5 weeks and need to stop complaining about being overweight and inactive and just do something about it. Well done on your journey. Mark
    snodger13 wrote: »

Hi Mark, I don't know how old your profile photo is, but you look great for 59. I'm 60 at the beginning of December, so not far behind you. Let me know if you want to join the group 'Friends that Lunch'. I've only just set it up so the chatting hasn't begun yet - I can send you an invite if you're interested. If not, I wish you well on your journey!
  • mistyblue5363
    mistyblue5363 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    inspiring well done
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    Hello, I can see that you've joined the group :) . I'm just setting it up and it's all new to me! I think MFP is an amazing app which I've used on and off for years, I just haven't got involved in the social side before. I plan to start a discussion but might not be available in a few hours time as it's my 35th wedding anniversary today. I'm not sure which part of the world you hail from. I'm in the UK,but I know most of you are from USA so we have a time difference to contend with. Hope you're well, Sharon
  • hsmartha
    hsmartha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should feel very proud!
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    Hello hsmartha. Let me know if you would like to chat, or join our newly formed group, 'Friends that Lunch'
  • Debbie4249
    Debbie4249 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I am in my late 50's and am in progress. So far I have lost 20 pounds; only 80 more to go.
    You are inspiring!!!!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 and on my way to lose at least half my body weight. Started losing after starting a new RN position without a micro manager and without trying I started losing weight. Then after gallbladder surgery, during recouping, read up on Keto, and actively started to participate in a diet. Today finally got below 200!

9/14/20-255 lbs (Unfortunately second time this heavy)
    12/15/20- 243 lbs
    5/3/21- 240.5 lbs
    5/14/21- 232.2 lbs started MFP
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21- 222.2 lbs
    8/1/21- 212 lbs
    9/1/21- 200 lbs
    9/7/21- 199.4 lbs!!!!!!

My ultimate goal is back to 122 lbs. Had got down to this in 2009 and only kept it off for 5 years and got lazy. I felt the best at this weight. I'm only 5'4". I had so much energy. Had a tibial plateau fracture in 2015 and had to learn to walk again. After years of having to go up 1 step at a time and meeting my other foot to it, about a week ago, I can now alternate steps going upstairs.
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    Life can certainly be a challenge. If you’ve done it before, you can do it again. As you know, keeping it off is the really difficult part and you’ve managed it before for 5 years. You go girl!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    @Sharon7986
    Thank you. That's what I've said too! "I've done it before. I can do it again!"
  • anneg50
    anneg50 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!