If the person avobe send you a FR, what would you do?

Options

Replies

• try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you accept

Well, their could be numerous reasons why someone on MFP wouldn't accept a friend request, do you want me to list down my favourite

I love that you not only have a top 10... but its your favourite top 10!!!
    I am all ears!!
  • Sweet_A
    Sweet_A Posts: 7,694 Member
    Options
    Accept!
  • Okillhavecake
    Okillhavecake Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Friends with this sweetheart ๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Already friends with Kev :)
  • Okillhavecake
    Okillhavecake Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Friends with beautiful Meg
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Friends with the pup. The guy comes along with him though.
  • Sweet_A
    Options
    โ™ฅ๏ธ Friends for Ever!! โ™ฅ๏ธ
  • Bigjuicy2point0
    Bigjuicy2point0 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Always accept the sweet heart but question why she left in the first place ๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @try_harderG

For some reason i missed your message yesterday, but here goes...

PS i think MFP is a community to support people into getting a healthy lifestyle, and have people around you who are already on the right path, so you can learn from them.
    • Number 10: A friend request without any short message. In my experience, these people hardly talk to you once you accepted the request, and you end up deleting this person later anyway
    • Number 9: When you get a request from someone who has over 200 friends on their friendslist. I call these people "collectors". They tend to invite everyone, but having so many on your list, i find it hard to believe you can interact and be supportive with all of them on a weekly, let alone, daily basis
    • Number 8:People who only friend request of the opposite sex. Like a woman who only has male friends, or a male who has only female friends on their list
    • Number 7:People who friend request only people who look like they come straight out of a fitness magazine and have sixpack abs. Not that these people would actually send me personally a request, because i do not fit their profile. But why would you support only people looking like that?
    • Number 6:A friend request with a sexual approach is a no go. I am a married guy, and i am not here for sexual things
    • Number 5:A friend request from someone you have not even interacted slightly with on the forums. Feels like a stalker alert to me. And most of the time without a message as well. I mean, if you want to be friends with me, fine, but at least make sure you interact somewhat on forums before you send a request. In the past you could send out a private message to anyone on MFP, so that way you could interact before you would friend someone. But since a few years, that is not possible anymore. The so-called MFP glitch. Now you would need to let someone of forum know that you have send him/her a message, this person doesn't see it in his/her inbox, but when he/she would send a message to you, then you can interact with eachother. It's too much work now really, and maybe that's why some people just send a friend request instead, but unless i have interacted with you, it's a 100% no
    • Number 4A friend request with a profile that has nothing filled in, as to why someone is here. If you send a request without a message, i would still like to know a little about you, that's what your profile is there for. But a empty profile...Nope, sorry
    • Number 3A request from someone you got a warning from, from one of your friends already. There are some creepy people on MFP, who would request you, just to stalk a friend on your list
    • Number 2The repeatively request. If i say no the first time, you are not likely to get a yes a day later buddy... I have had those so many in the past. Like i post on a thread a positive reaction to someone. For example the Hug/kiss/date thread. And i post let's say "date", they immediatly send you a friend request. To me, and to most people, those thread are fun and games, and are not to be taken seriously. But perhaps some do take it seriously...MFP is not a dating site, for that, please go use Tinder...
    • Number 1The scammer request/bots. Lately there are a lot of requests again from people who seem to have had their profile hacked. I mean, pictures of woman, half naked, while in their profile it says male. My latest request of these was a woman with second picture giving a full view bl0wj0b...I find it strange these profiles do not get deleted, while people i know post a picture of them wearing a dress or something, showing maybe a little skin, and they get deleted instantly...Some MFP mods are real *kitten*, but that's what you get when MFP mods are volunteers, instead of hired staff.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @try_harderG

PS i think MFP is a community to support people into getting a healthy lifestyle, and have people around you who are already on the right path, so you can learn from them.
    • Number 10: A friend request without any short message. In my experience, these people hardly talk to you once you accepted the request, and you end up deleting this person later anyway
    • Number 9: When you get a request from someone who has over 200 friends on their friendslist. I call these people "collectors". They tend to invite everyone, but having so many on your list, i find it hard to believe you can interact and be supportive with all of them on a weekly, let alone, daily basis
    • Number 8:People who only friend request of the opposite sex. Like a woman who only has male friends, or a male who has only female friends on their list
    • Number 7:People who friend request only people who look like they come straight out of a fitness magazine and have sixpack abs. Not that these people would actually send me personally a request, because i do not fit their profile. But why would you support only people looking like that?
    • Number 6:A friend request with a sexual approach is a no go. I am a married guy, and i am not here for sexual things
    • Number 5:A friend request from someone you have not even interacted slightly with on the forums. Feels like a stalker alert to me. And most of the time without a message as well. I mean, if you want to be friends with me, fine, but at least make sure you interact somewhat on forums before you send a request. In the past you could send out a private message to anyone on MFP, so that way you could interact before you would friend someone. But since a few years, that is not possible anymore. The so-called MFP glitch. Now you would need to let someone of forum know that you have send him/her a message, this person doesn't see it in his/her inbox, but when he/she would send a message to you, then you can interact with eachother. It's too much work now really, and maybe that's why some people just send a friend request instead, but unless i have interacted with you, it's a 100% no
    • Number 4A friend request with a profile that has nothing filled in, as to why someone is here. If you send a request without a message, i would still like to know a little about you, that's what your profile is there for. But a empty profile...Nope, sorry
    • Number 3A request from someone you got a warning from, from one of your friends already. There are some creepy people on MFP, who would request you, just to stalk a friend on your list
    • Number 2The repeatively request. If i say no the first time, you are not likely to get a yes a day later buddy... I have had those so many in the past. Like i post on a thread a positive reaction to someone. For example the Hug/kiss/date thread. And i post let's say "date", they immediatly send you a friend request. To me, and to most people, those thread are fun and games, and are not to be taken seriously. But perhaps some do take it seriously...MFP is not a dating site, for that, please go use Tinder...
    • Number 1The scammer request/bots. Lately there are a lot of requests again from people who seem to have had their profile hacked. I mean, pictures of woman, half naked, while in their profile it says male. My latest request of these was a woman with second picture giving a full view bl0wj0b...I find it strange these profiles do not get deleted, while people i know post a picture of them wearing a dress or something, showing maybe a little skin, and they get deleted instantly...Some MFP mods are real *kitten*, but that's what you get when MFP mods are volunteers, instead of hired staff.

Euhmm.. you do know that people can't see messages within fr requests these days right Gus.? ๐Ÿคช

Oh.. and bff forever ๐Ÿค—
    Options
    @try_harderG

Euhmm.. you do know that people can't see messages within fr requests these days right Gus.? ๐Ÿคช

Seriously?... Lol i did not know that...but still my comment is valid for the time that was still a thing. Even back then you got requests without messages
    Also you are the exception to the collector rule, since i know you for so long already
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    @try_harderG

Seriously?... Lol i did not know that...but still my comment is valid for the time that was still a thing. Even back then you got requests without messages
    Also you are the exception to the collector rule, since i know you for so long already

Yep, its a shame because people will be writing heart felt please accept messages or funny notes and the recipient won't see it.

You're never getting rid of me.. just saying ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    @try_harderG

Yep, its a shame because people will be writing heart felt please accept messages or funny notes and the recipient won't see it.

You're never getting rid of me.. just saying ๐Ÿ˜

Yeah...it's a missed oppertunity. Why has MFP not fixed it yet? I mean it worked in the past, and it still pops up when you send a request...
    MFP is not what it used to be

Oh and i would never want to get rid of you Jo ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Sweet_A
    Options
    Aceptar!
  • happyhealthychar
    happyhealthychar Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Accept
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Friends :)