IF and women

124»

Replies

• iolaanne05
    iolaanne05 Posts: 14 Member
    I did IF for awhile. I was doing 16:8. I felt great, but I lost zero weight or inches. Probably because I still ate a full days worth of calories during that 8hr window.
    My body type is endomorph... so apparently I'm supposed to eat light meals every 4hrs to keep my metabolism revved up.
    However if I have over indulged in carbs.. a good 16:8 fast really helps burn those carbs off!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    What kind of intermittent fasting?
    16:8? That's a pretty normal eating schedule for many people. I personally don't really consider that fasting.

5:2? I tried it. It worked and it also royaly screwed up my cycle so I had to stop.
    If it is the semantics would you prefer time restricted eating?

My dr tells me to fast for blood tests and does not mean over 16 hours
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    lorib642 wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    What kind of intermittent fasting?
    16:8? That's a pretty normal eating schedule for many people. I personally don't really consider that fasting.

5:2? I tried it. It worked and it also royaly screwed up my cycle so I had to stop.
    If it is the semantics would you prefer time restricted eating?

My dr tells me to fast for blood tests and does not mean over 16 hours

From a semantic point of view, yes, I would prefer Time Restricted Eating (TRE).

I get confused when people just say "fasting." I do understand what people mean when they say IF, but think TRE is a better term.
  • ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Perhaps your intent was something different from what you actually wrote:

Nope. I wrote exactly what I meant.
    1. IF is not the same thing as just skipping a meal.
    2. Many people use it for the the other health benefits that are being researched and studied.
    3. There are guidelines based upon the type of IF you are doing, and your goals in doing it.

You don't have to believe in the research (nor do I) for those statements to be true.