Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Latest Ouchy or injury 🤕

I’ll kick things off..

Been doing mostly outside jogs recently.

Finally caught up with me today…

Felt a little discomfort on the right nip…

Ma lady tells me take off your top shirt now as I’m at the front door I look down… Dauum thought I was looking cool and figured why a few lady’s stared while I did my Sunday jog. Nice and bleedy🩸 Both nips right one just bled more.. had applied my usual preggers lanolin before I started but I was lazy and decided to use a loose undershirt instead on finding the tighter ones… bad move. The hurt really came when I jumped in the shower… oh momma.

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Ouch is right! Been there myself. Equally fun is chafing from loose shorts worn during a long bike ride, especially with no aquaphor or chamois butter applied. That leads to a very memorable shower.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    I sprained my ankle at the first of July.

...It's almost stopped hurting MOST of the time.

I have broken bones that were less of a pain in the butt.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 533 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Ouch is right! Been there myself. Equally fun is chafing from loose shorts worn during a long bike ride, especially with no aquaphor or chamois butter applied. That leads to a very memorable shower.

Yeah I don’t care about stares anymore. I used to do shorts when I was younger now I’m all about compression pants when I jog. I’m usually the only one in the tight running pants. Hey I know all my bits are in place and ain’t no chaffing going on… so stare away… Friend bought me pasties I’ll likely be shaving and will start using them..
  • IFJagain
    IFJagain Posts: 96 Member
    Late May just walking my dog, felt like a strain or partial rupture in my right Achilles... I've stayed dormant all summer (while not losing any weight through diet) and it's finally feeling better but still tender... 😑
  • mrmota70
    IFJagain wrote: »
    Late May just walking my dog, felt like a strain or partial rupture in my right Achilles... I've stayed dormant all summer (while not losing any weight through diet) and it's finally feeling better but still tender... 😑

I can relate at 50+ injuries take a longer recovery period. Hang in there you’ll be back on the horse soon enough…
  • mrmota70
    I fell on the TM a couple of months ago and ended up with a chafed stomach and breast, a swollen black and blue bruise on my chin where i hit the deck and a green face for a couple of weeks thanks to light bruising there.

Hopefully things are going better these days. Thanks for sharing…
  • mrmota70
    I sprained my ankle at the first of July.

...It's almost stopped hurting MOST of the time.

I have broken bones that were less of a pain in the butt.

Yeah sprains which I’ve had many of are sometimes underrated vs a brake…. I still have lingering pains from sprains that happened decades back..
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,537 Member
    Mine is v minor at the mo but stupidly painful - torn callus! Minor in the scheme of things but wow, when you cut onions for tea and get that acid on raw part 😢😢
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    It's not the latest, but it's one I won't forget easily...

I usually use the recumbent bike at the gym for 20-30 minutes per session, and I never had any issues at all. One day, it was busy and I didn't want to wait, so I used one of the regular stationary bikes. I'm short, so I made sure to set everything to my height, and I even sat on a folded towel to "cushion" my butt. Well, for three days straight the pain was so strong that I couldn't sit properly anywhere, not even on my soft couch. :#

Now when the recumbent bike is busy, I just use the elliptical instead. Or the treadmill. Or anything, really, except that torture-device-posing-as-a-bike. :D
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,272 Member
    mrmota70 wrote: »
    I’ll kick things off..

Been doing mostly outside jogs recently.

Finally caught up with me today…

Felt a little discomfort on the right nip…

Ma lady tells me take off your top shirt now as I’m at the front door I look down… Dauum thought I was looking cool and figured why a few lady’s stared while I did my Sunday jog. Nice and bleedy🩸 Both nips right one just bled more.. had applied my usual preggers lanolin before I started but I was lazy and decided to use a loose undershirt instead on finding the tighter ones… bad move. The hurt really came when I jumped in the shower… oh momma.

Body Glide is your friend. I was so grateful when someone here recommended it for chafing “batwings”.

I run deliberately slow after several badly bruising, skint knee and elbow falls running. So slow, I record my runs as walks, but hey, the bad falls stopped.

I also ditched my Hoka shoes. They are like clown shoes and even when I simply walk in them, my feet still tangle in one another. Lots of near falls in them so I Goodwilled ‘em.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Nothing recent. I broke a rib in June in another mountain biking accident. I've since resigned myself to stay off of the more advanced trails. This was the second big crash in a years time and I'm 47 and don't need to be doing that.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Last year I had some cracked ribs when a car full of young ladies ran me and my bike off the road. Made squatting and benchinng a bit uncomfortable and jus a bit harder to breath in general but nothing like a bloody nip ;).
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Not fitness-related, but I walked past a shoebox sitting on the table wrong on Saturday night and managed to give myself a nasty papercut on the side of my finger. I don't know, either.

Most of my recent injuries have been acquired in the kitchen rather than the gym, tbh. A few weeks back I managed to poke unnecessary holes in two fingers in the course of prepping meals over the weekend; I'm just glad I had a box of vinyl gloves handy.

Most of my injuries sustained in the course of doing purposeful exercise have been stuff like blisters, sunburns, bug bites, dehydration. I did once bring a 50lb bar down on my lap much harder than I should have and had a fantastic-looking bruise in a very private area for my trouble, but that was years ago.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,371 Member
    My most recent was laying the bike down coming around a corner - didn't see the rock hiding in the pile of grass clippings and hit it at the perfect angle to sweep the front wheel out from under the bike - lost some skin on my elbow and shins/knees and had a sore wrist for awhile. Glad I had gloves on or I would have really torn up my hands.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,485 Member
    SI joint tightness/piriformis syndrome. Have been miserable with it most of the summer.
  • mrmota70
    edited September 2021

…….. Springlering62 ……..
    [/quote]

Body Glide is your friend. I was so grateful when someone here recommended it for chafing “batwings”.

I run deliberately slow after several badly bruising, skint knee and elbow falls running. So slow, I record my runs as walks, but hey, the bad falls stopped.

I also ditched my Hoka shoes. They are like clown shoes and even when I simply walk in them, my feet still tangle in one another. Lots of near falls in them so I Goodwilled ‘em. [/quote]

Will look for some body glide thanks…

And can I say “respek” I hate hate hate hate Hokas

Clown 🤡 Shoes 👟. Ha ha perfect… 👍