Latest Ouchy or injury 🤕

I’ll kick things off..

Been doing mostly outside jogs recently.

Finally caught up with me today…

Felt a little discomfort on the right nip…

Ma lady tells me take off your top shirt now as I’m at the front door I look down… Dauum thought I was looking cool and figured why a few lady’s stared while I did my Sunday jog. Nice and bleedy🩸 Both nips right one just bled more.. had applied my usual preggers lanolin before I started but I was lazy and decided to use a loose undershirt instead on finding the tighter ones… bad move. The hurt really came when I jumped in the shower… oh momma.

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Ouch is right! Been there myself. Equally fun is chafing from loose shorts worn during a long bike ride, especially with no aquaphor or chamois butter applied. That leads to a very memorable shower.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    I sprained my ankle at the first of July.

...It's almost stopped hurting MOST of the time.

I have broken bones that were less of a pain in the butt.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Ouch is right! Been there myself. Equally fun is chafing from loose shorts worn during a long bike ride, especially with no aquaphor or chamois butter applied. That leads to a very memorable shower.

Yeah I don’t care about stares anymore. I used to do shorts when I was younger now I’m all about compression pants when I jog. I’m usually the only one in the tight running pants. Hey I know all my bits are in place and ain’t no chaffing going on… so stare away… Friend bought me pasties I’ll likely be shaving and will start using them..
  • IFJagain
    IFJagain Posts: 96 Member
    Late May just walking my dog, felt like a strain or partial rupture in my right Achilles... I've stayed dormant all summer (while not losing any weight through diet) and it's finally feeling better but still tender... 😑
  • mrmota70
    IFJagain wrote: »
    Late May just walking my dog, felt like a strain or partial rupture in my right Achilles... I've stayed dormant all summer (while not losing any weight through diet) and it's finally feeling better but still tender... 😑

I can relate at 50+ injuries take a longer recovery period. Hang in there you’ll be back on the horse soon enough…
  • mrmota70
    I fell on the TM a couple of months ago and ended up with a chafed stomach and breast, a swollen black and blue bruise on my chin where i hit the deck and a green face for a couple of weeks thanks to light bruising there.

Hopefully things are going better these days. Thanks for sharing…
  • mrmota70
    I sprained my ankle at the first of July.

...It's almost stopped hurting MOST of the time.

I have broken bones that were less of a pain in the butt.

Yeah sprains which I’ve had many of are sometimes underrated vs a brake…. I still have lingering pains from sprains that happened decades back..
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    Mine is v minor at the mo but stupidly painful - torn callus! Minor in the scheme of things but wow, when you cut onions for tea and get that acid on raw part 😢😢
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    It's not the latest, but it's one I won't forget easily...

I usually use the recumbent bike at the gym for 20-30 minutes per session, and I never had any issues at all. One day, it was busy and I didn't want to wait, so I used one of the regular stationary bikes. I'm short, so I made sure to set everything to my height, and I even sat on a folded towel to "cushion" my butt. Well, for three days straight the pain was so strong that I couldn't sit properly anywhere, not even on my soft couch. :#

Now when the recumbent bike is busy, I just use the elliptical instead. Or the treadmill. Or anything, really, except that torture-device-posing-as-a-bike. :D
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,419 Member
    mrmota70 wrote: »
    I’ll kick things off..

Been doing mostly outside jogs recently.

Finally caught up with me today…

Felt a little discomfort on the right nip…

Ma lady tells me take off your top shirt now as I’m at the front door I look down… Dauum thought I was looking cool and figured why a few lady’s stared while I did my Sunday jog. Nice and bleedy🩸 Both nips right one just bled more.. had applied my usual preggers lanolin before I started but I was lazy and decided to use a loose undershirt instead on finding the tighter ones… bad move. The hurt really came when I jumped in the shower… oh momma.

Body Glide is your friend. I was so grateful when someone here recommended it for chafing “batwings”.

I run deliberately slow after several badly bruising, skint knee and elbow falls running. So slow, I record my runs as walks, but hey, the bad falls stopped.

I also ditched my Hoka shoes. They are like clown shoes and even when I simply walk in them, my feet still tangle in one another. Lots of near falls in them so I Goodwilled ‘em.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Nothing recent. I broke a rib in June in another mountain biking accident. I've since resigned myself to stay off of the more advanced trails. This was the second big crash in a years time and I'm 47 and don't need to be doing that.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Last year I had some cracked ribs when a car full of young ladies ran me and my bike off the road. Made squatting and benchinng a bit uncomfortable and jus a bit harder to breath in general but nothing like a bloody nip ;).
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Not fitness-related, but I walked past a shoebox sitting on the table wrong on Saturday night and managed to give myself a nasty papercut on the side of my finger. I don't know, either.

Most of my recent injuries have been acquired in the kitchen rather than the gym, tbh. A few weeks back I managed to poke unnecessary holes in two fingers in the course of prepping meals over the weekend; I'm just glad I had a box of vinyl gloves handy.

Most of my injuries sustained in the course of doing purposeful exercise have been stuff like blisters, sunburns, bug bites, dehydration. I did once bring a 50lb bar down on my lap much harder than I should have and had a fantastic-looking bruise in a very private area for my trouble, but that was years ago.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    My most recent was laying the bike down coming around a corner - didn't see the rock hiding in the pile of grass clippings and hit it at the perfect angle to sweep the front wheel out from under the bike - lost some skin on my elbow and shins/knees and had a sore wrist for awhile. Glad I had gloves on or I would have really torn up my hands.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    SI joint tightness/piriformis syndrome. Have been miserable with it most of the summer.
  • mrmota70
    edited September 2021

…….. Springlering62 ……..
    [/quote]

Body Glide is your friend. I was so grateful when someone here recommended it for chafing “batwings”.

I run deliberately slow after several badly bruising, skint knee and elbow falls running. So slow, I record my runs as walks, but hey, the bad falls stopped.

I also ditched my Hoka shoes. They are like clown shoes and even when I simply walk in them, my feet still tangle in one another. Lots of near falls in them so I Goodwilled ‘em. [/quote]

Will look for some body glide thanks…

And can I say “respek” I hate hate hate hate Hokas

Clown 🤡 Shoes 👟. Ha ha perfect… 👍