First Major Goal+PICTURES :)

Options
Hello everyone! :)

I will try to make this short since I know everyone really just wants to see the pictures :P A bad mixture of birth control, freshman year and no exercise caused me to gain 25 pounds since my lowest high school weight of 150 lbs. I am 5'7 and was weighing in at at least 175 last christmas. After the fall semester of my freshman year of college, I transferred to a new school and moved off of campus (living on campus is the worst thing you can do for your weight, I swear)! I always considered myself "healthy" and a "healthy nut" so I was pretty unhappy with myself when I reached my highest weight. I made some major changes in my life including but not limited to: no medications, lots of exercise, counting calories, cut out most of the beef in my diet, eating as clean as possible, portion control portion control portion control. Oh, I should also say that I started officially trying to lose weight April 30, 2011. (sorry if I'm rambling. forgive me, it's late). Over the summer I dropped THIRTY SIX POUNDS! :) My original goal was 30 pounds, but I decided to change that to 40. This morning I weighed in at 144!! YAYYY! Over the last few months I have not cut anything completely out of my diet. Instead, I have made compromises. If I really want to go to cold stone and get a love it waffle cone bowl (one of my favorites), I'm going to do it. I'm just going to make sure that the rest of my choices that day are good choices. I will stop talking and get to the good stuff- the pictures. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me! OH and I'm 19 years old!

Christmas 2010 weighing 175+
DSC00585.jpg

Christmas 2010 weighing 175+ Taking pics in my size 8 prom dress (trying to sell it) and barely getting it on :( sad day

DSC00598.jpg

HERE is the good stuff! Taken just tonight, 5'7 and weighing 144 pounds. I am wearing size 4 jeans now or 26X33. P.S. I know my shoulders/back need some help, but there's a little there that I'm proud of ;)

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02756.jpg

DSC02761.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're looking great! Kettle bells are amazing for the back and shoulders!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Keep up the excellent work. It's pictures like these that inspire me to keep losing.
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Stunning, well done you x
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You look amazing..whats your secret??
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    ......U LOOK FANTASTICO ! ! ! U see the results when someone works hard @ the rewards pay off..... I COMMEND U ON A JOB WELL DONE.......:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    You look incredible. Oh, and super jealous that you have no cellulite :P
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look AMAZING!!! :D
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    Wow YOU LOOK AWESOME! Your legs look great!!!
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    Girl you are totally ROCKING!!!!
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look really wonderful. Congrats!
    Also, I'm so jealous your a size 4! I'm 5'7" too and 140lbs and wear a size 10! Interesting how women carry weight differently.
    Keep up the hard work.
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Awesome. So happy for you. Congrats
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    Also, I'm so jealous your a size 4! I'm 5'7" too and 140lbs and wear a size 10! Interesting how women carry weight differently.
    Keep up the hard work.

Wow, that is crazy! My dress size is at least an 8 I'm sure. All of mine is on top.... yet still no "lady parts' on top! Haha.. I do always find it interesting what sizes other ladies my size wear
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    Keep up the hard work.

Wow, that is crazy! My dress size is at least an 8 I'm sure. All of mine is on top.... yet still no "lady parts' on top! Haha.. I do always find it interesting what sizes other ladies my size wear

Or I should say weight and height =P since obviously size varies
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Keep up the good work! :-)
  • anywhoodle
    anywhoodle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'd love to get as fit as you! If you can, let us know what exercises you did (and how often) to slim down and tone up, would love some pointers!
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    I have done a tonnn of different exercises over the last few months. I try to switch it up. Right now I am focusing on outdoor running. I can run just over a mile without stopping (I know.. it's badddd). Things I did over the summer included toning and aerobics classes at my gym, elliptical, treadmill, upright bike and outside biking, and a free runner thing at my gym. Until this week (4 tests.. wowza) I have been doing 4-6 cardio workouts a week each consisting of 30-60 minutes. I have never really set a schedule.. I just kind of do it. Once it gets too cold to be outside I'm going to go back to getting in toning classes. Oh, and I do a lot of arm exercises with my resistance band at home and the Gold's Gym Stayball rocks my socks! I love doing crunches on it. They say the weighted ball makes you work harder than a normal exercise ball and I think it's really true.. I can definitely feel my abs working. Soon they will be visible!
  • Kalossus
    Kalossus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job so far Jessica! Keep up the hard work.
  • Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Options
    U look great! Keep it up!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    nice
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!