This is so unfair!

Options

Replies

• otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Go get on a thread mill and run for 1 hour!

This is my favorite comment of the day.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise.

2. Eat your exercise calories.

Problem solved.
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You could always put your weight loss setting to 1 pound or 1/2 pound a week weight loss.. That ups your calories by a few hundred.. And depending on how much you have to lose can actually speed up your weight loss.. Also the slower you lose the more likely it is to stay off.. Something to think about!
  • missybda
    Options
    Remember, some people think of exercise as some strenuous effort that requires much forethought. A beautiful hike at your state park. Simple things like vigorously cleaning/scrubbing your shower and tub. All these things and much more burn cals and are in the search engine. Find things that you enjoy doing but still getting that bonus of more cals!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    exercise...you can burn a couple hundred just by walking, then you have enough to stuff your face
  • FlyFishinX2
    Options
    My intake for the day is suppose to be 1850 but if I go for a bike ride of just an hour I burn over 500 calories, a ride of 3 or 4 hours burns almost as much as daily intake...so my problem on most days that I exercise is finding enough food(and time) to eat everything back.
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am acting like a whiney baby right now, but I am very upset.
    I am trying to eat better, and according to MFP I am allowed 1200 calories a day. I only have 525 left and it is only lunch time! Its no wonder I give up and eat stuff and just don't log it ( I know, I'm just lying to myself!)
    How can I eat decent and be satisifed for 1200 calories! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

On April 13th I started this.
    I weighed 185.8 my all time high.

I was given 1350 cals a day from MFP to work with.

I measured and weighed my food and logged in everyday.
    I don't exercise.
    I have lost 27 lbs and am 3 lbs away from my goal.

I eat enough of good food everyday ...3 meals, and at least 3 snacks a day.

Have a protein at each meal and it will help you stay satisfied.
    I use 1300 cals a day and feel great. It is not hard to do.

Clean eating ( simple unprocessed foods make all the difference. ) and I still eat out on occasion and enjoy smaller portions.

Good luck...and it helps if you put your effort into good food in small portions. You will find you do get enough to eat and enjoy it.

:flowerforyou:
  • lisasbig30
    Options
    You have two options. Exercise more or change your calorie goals. I eat a little over 1300 and prefer that.
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think you need to take a look at what you're eating! Oddly, I eat 1200 calories a day, and I exercise 3-4 times per week, and burn about 300-450 calories each time I work out. I don't replace what I burn working out, I may eat 100 extra calories and that's it. On the days I do not work out I am more hungry. If I ate what I replaced I would not lose weight, as my daily burn calculation to live is roughly 1200 calories a day.
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Go get on a thread mill and run for 1 hour!

This is my favorite comment of the day.

LOL - Yes! I was going to say the same thing!:laugh:
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you aren't already doing it; Try a low glycemic diet. and eat at least 5- 6 times a day to get your betabolism going.

And yes, lots of good cardio exercise. That has helped me emmensely.

I've dropped and gained the same 5 pounds for almost a year now and just found out I have HBP. I told my doctor my woes and he recommened following the South Beach Diet (low glycemic) so I thought, what the heck and started it about a week and a half ago. I'm now down 10 pounds! I have been pleasantly surprised with how full I am most of the time, but the biggest surprise is consistently being below my caloric allowance everyday (even when not exercising). This rarely happened when I was filling myself with breads, pastas and sugars. I have cut out sugar and keep my carb intake low, making sure they are fiberous and complex carbs, not simple. I'm not saying it works for everyone, but it seems to be working for me. Good luck!
  • ilike2run
    ilike2run Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you have to exercise--maybe not every day, but that's the only way to be healthy long term. Also--find ways to eat MORE food for less calories. You could have half a bagel with peanut butter for 300 calories, but you can also have two egg whites, two pieces of turkey bacon and whole wheat toast for the same calories. don't be discourage!! Just stick to the plan--exercise--and LOG EVERYTHING!!! I'm a nurse and when I give this web site information to my patients, I tell them to eat normally for two weeks and log everything...THEN they will be able to see where they need to make changes. I know with a few little tweaks you'll find out how to get more of everything you need!!! Good luck, just don't give up!!!
  • ilike2run
    ilike2run Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i agree with this post--low carbs work best for me too!
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    Im also at 1200 calories a day and I feel that's just fine. I'm never starving. I may get hungry but, It's not because I havent eaten because I'm low on calories. It's cuz I ahvent eaten cuz I've been BUSY. lol. feel free to add me and take a look @ my diary. good luck to u!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    A lot of that also depends on WHAT you're eating. Protein & fiber will make you feel full longer than anything else. You'll have to open your food diary for more useful input.

I agree. I've been super hungry for days so decided to go back to my old breakfast of 3 scrambled eggs and 1 serving of Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage crumbles. WITH my coffee and creamer my breakfast was under 400 calories. If I skip the coffee and creamer I'm at 290. I wasn't hungry mid morning today.
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    you have to exercise--maybe not every day, but that's the only way to be healthy long term. Also--find ways to eat MORE food for less calories. You could have half a bagel with peanut butter for 300 calories, but you can also have two egg whites, two pieces of turkey bacon and whole wheat toast for the same calories. don't be discourage!! Just stick to the plan--exercise--and LOG EVERYTHING!!! I'm a nurse and when I give this web site information to my patients, I tell them to eat normally for two weeks and log everything...THEN they will be able to see where they need to make changes. I know with a few little tweaks you'll find out how to get more of everything you need!!! Good luck, just don't give up!!!

Agreed! LOG EVERYTHING! so u can really see what u eat and u can fix it. and PLAN ur meals so u know ur not guessing if ull have enough calories. and exercise as much u can so u can EAT MORE. lol thats what I think of sometimes when I make myself workout. :)
  • aliciaryoung
    aliciaryoung Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I try to plan out meals in advance. Also if I know I'm going to be eating out that night (like tonight, for my sister's birthday) I look up the menu and try to find out the nutrition information. Then I log in that meal early in the day so I'm aware on how much I'm planning on eating later.

It helps, especially if I am going to the gym also, because it keeps me motivated to push a little harder so I can have my treat at dinner time. :)
  • LIndabuskin
    Options
    I substitute steam vegies for rice/pasta/potato where possible eat big for breakfast medium for lunch and tiny for dinner.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    First of all have you figured out your BMR & TDEE? Do it first & then once you come up with your TDEE to maintain your weight, subtract it by 250 or 500 & there you will get the amount of calories you have to eat to lose weight, instead of relying on what MFP sets you in. Personally, I find the 1200 cals too low & apart from that my protein req's set very low & I'm muscular so I need more calories & protein for my muscles. MFP's recommendation is just to give you a rough estimate but its still up to you to adjust your requirements.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Fall in love with vegetables and salad (no dressing)

You will get bored of all the chewing you have to do and might well still be under your calorie intake